Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

I guess the saga ended on a positive note, unlike some video game franchises!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the saga ended on a positive note, unlike some video game franchises!

Back when I was a kid, I was really into Buffy the Vampire Slayer. While I never did quite get into the spin off series Angel that much, I did like the first season. After that, I don't know what happened.

In general though, I think the series ended on a positive note, and all was not lost either, since we got the continuation of Buffy's story in the comics. Well, okay. It ain't quite the same as having Sarah and co doing their roles on TV any longer, but actors age. David Boreanaz is getting on a bit. Vampires are meant to look the age they were upon dying as a person, so it makes some sense that he enjoyed it then, but would rather draw a line under the past.

Unfortunately, I think Capcom needs to end the Resident Evil games, and stop milking the series, to the point where it's a shadow of its former glory. You have just got to know when to give it up. Capcom has basically ruined their top franchise by making the series into action games. Now, okay. Say Buffy Summers was at her best, and one day, the network made the series into only one genre, like as a part of a ratings swerve, that ends up making the show the polar opposite of what it started out as. That isn't going to sit well with the fans, now is it? Well, for me at least, I see that with the Resident Evil games these days.

I'm amazed that a lot of forums are not that active any longer. Compared to around 15 years ago, a lot of online communities are a joke these days. I'm only active on a few Silent Hill forums, but when people do post, they can be a bit on the arrogant side if you claim a franchise has gotten so bad. And the thing is, they hardly ever post anyway. So in general, it's like I'm left wondering why I even bother contributing my opinions at all. But has anybody else noticed this?

Well I'm glad you are contributing. I agree, Angel ended on a positive note and I'm very happy with the ending, although some of how they got there does't sit well with me, but that's the refrain of most fans

I can't comment on Resident Evil because I know nothing about it. I think the same can apply to tv shows. I'm so glad Supernatural has come to an end because it went on too long. ER was another show I loved that lasted 15 seasons (I think) and it outlived it's storytelling abilities too.

Comment

Not many shows stay good through out there run.

Comment

My lads used to play (I know this because I seem to have inherited the odd game plus all the movies). I'm not sure whether they still do. I suspect the movie ownership had something to do with Milla Jovovich.

I'm just glad there's another season of Lucifer!
        sigpic

Comment

Still can't see what folks see in that show. The lead actor just leaves me cold though which probably doesn't help.

Comment

Working...
          X