Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzfeed Buffy Quiz

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahaspler...6&rid=21440452

I am really sad that most people thought life was better before Dawn. I am so happy Dawn arrived and she added so much to the show.

How is Xander leaving Anya at the alter even remotely as sad as Joyce's death? That one's a stretch
    Last edited by Priceless; 22-05-19, 09:28 AM.

Priceless:

That one's a stretch
    And that one's an understatement.

I've done it - I've no bloody idea what I've done; why I did it or what I was supposed to do. Sometimes I wish the internet would break.
    sigpic

Comment

Just did it, too. It's not a quiz as much as a popularity contest.
      Made by Trickyboxes
      Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Yeah I agree it wasn't a quiz but a poll with some strange pairings and others with plenty of ambiguity about what exactly you were picking. I mean, what? exactly between Vampire Willow and Dark Willow? And stray bullets vs Riley as 'worst' in what sense. It wasn't great but I still can't help myself when the word quiz is bandied about.

Comment

Haha sorry to mislead you all I thought the pairings were interesting and I like to know how everyone voted.

Comment

I am surprised more than 36k people voted for Kendra as best Slayer.

flow
            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
              I am surprised more than 36k people voted for Kendra as best Slayer.

flow
              Define "best". I voted for her but I refer you to my caveat above. I refuse to take responsibility for my actions.

Priceless:

I thought the pairings were interesting and I like to know how everyone voted.
              Sigh...I voted Spike and Kendra (the former because I'm female, the latter because I was thinking from the perspective of Travers). After that, my memory's hazy. I think...

Vampire Willow
              Oz (Oz or Tara what!?)
              Anya
              Gnarl
              Clem
              Classic Giles (Pick a Giles - what for!? "Phone a Friend" or "Centre-half in a Sunday football team?)
              Buffy's mom dying
              Stray bullets
              Life after Dawn.
              sigpic

Comment

I only voted with the majority 7 out of 13 times. I put a star beside the ones I got right:

spike* over Angel
                Tara over oz
                Kendra over faith
                Anya* over Cordelia
                Gnarl over gentlemen and warren
                Clem* over dru and harmony
                Classic giles* over ripper
                Buffy's Mum* over Xander leaving Anya
                Stray bulllets* over Riley
                After dawn over before dawn
                Glory* over other monsters
                Magic box over library

I picked Kendra over Faith because of the wording "best", faith was the dark slayer, Kendra was what a slayer was supposed to be

I think before dawn voters are voting that Buffy's life was better before dawn not anti dawn which I kind of get. Life did get harder as Buffy got older. I voted after dawn because I think that Buffy really loved her and to her life was better with a sister.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* I have to assume many who voted for Kendra over Faith considered Faith's actions in Season 9 and Season 10. TV BtVS Faith is many times more popular than Kendra and is the only character besides Angel offered a spin-off (although James Marsters probably refused because he didn't want the workload).

* Angel remains popular because most BtVS viewers and fans simply ignore Season 8 and after if they like Angel or spin Angel's actions as positive.

* I wouldn't call Drusilla "lovable", but she's more popular than Clem. The wording of the question probably produced the results.

* "Life before Dawn" is perhaps 'leading'. Joyce hadn't died. Buffy was more depressed in BtVS S6 than in BtVS S2. Tara hadn't died. The First Evil stuff didn't happen. Season 8 and Season 9...

But BtVS S6 is very controversial while BtVS S2 and BtVS S3 are almost universally liked. BtVS S5 is often considered the best Season, but Dawn was never popular.

RESULTS BELOW:

Spoiler:

Spike or Angel?

Spike
                  52%
                  68.1K votes
                  Spike
                  Angel
                  48%
                  63.1K votes
                  Angel

Oz or Tara?

Oz
                  54%
                  70.0K votes
                  Oz
                  Tara
                  46%
                  58.7K votes
                  Tara

Vampire Willow or Dark Willow?

Dark Willow
                  68%
                  86.6K votes
                  Dark Willow
                  Vampire Willow
                  32%
                  41.5K votes
                  Vampire Willow

Advertisement
                  Best slayer who isn't Buffy?

Faith
                  71%
                  91.3K votes
                  Faith
                  Kendra
                  29%
                  36.6K votes
                  Kendra

Xander’s true love?

Anya
                  57%
                  71.4K votes
                  Anya
                  Cordelia
                  43%
                  54.9K votes
                  Cordelia

Advertisement
                  Creepiest monster?

The Gentlemen
                  72%
                  90.1K votes
                  The Gentlemen
                  Gnarl
                  17%
                  20.6K votes
                  Gnarl
                  Warren
                  11%
                  14.0K votes
                  Warren

Most lovable monster?

Clem
                  58%
                  71.6K votes
                  Clem
                  Drusilla
                  24%
                  29.9K votes
                  Drusilla
                  Harmony
                  18%
                  22.5K votes
                  Harmony

Advertisement
                  Pick a Giles:

Classic Giles
                  73%
                  90.7K votes
                  Classic Giles
                  27%
                  33.0K votes
                  "Ripper" Giles

Most heartbreaking moment?

Buffy's mom dying
                  85%
                  103.8K votes
                  Buffy's mom dying
                  Xander leaving at the alter
                  15%
                  18.3K votes
                  Xander leaving at the alter

Advertisement
                  What's worse?

Stray bullets
                  58%
                  70.5K votes
                  Stray bullets
                  Riley
                  42%
                  50.7K votes
                  Riley

What’s better?

Life before Dawn
                  81%
                  98.2K votes
                  Life before Dawn
                  Life after Dawn
                  19%
                  23.1K votes
                  Life after Dawn

Advertisement
                  Best Big Bad?

Glory
                  27%
                  31.3K votes
                  Glory
                  The Master
                  25%
                  29.9K votes
                  The Master
                  The Mayor
                  23%
                  26.9K votes
                  The Mayor
                  The First
                  15%
                  18.1K votes
                  The First
                  The Trio
                  7%
                  8,239 votes
                  The Trio
                  Adam
                  3%
                  3,858 votes
                  Adam

Best “Scooby” headquarters?

The Library
                  74%
                  87.1K votes
                  The Library
                  The Magic Box
                  26%
                  30.2K votes
                  The Magic Box

Advertisement
                  Best song from Once More With Feeling AKA the musical episode?

27%
                  30.5K votes
                  “Under Your Spell”
                  17%
                  18.7K votes
                  “Going Through The Motions”
                  16%
                  17.6K votes
                  “Rest In Peace”
                  15%
                  16.6K votes
                  “I’ve Got A Theory”
                  14%
                  15.1K votes
                  “Something To Sing About”
                  11%
                  12.0K votes
                  “I’ll Never Tell”

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Haha sorry to mislead you all I thought the pairings were interesting and I like to know how everyone voted.
                    Sure...

I think the first is a favourite character question rather than shipping as the person in the comments wondered. Not that my answer would have been different for either. But I thought it was quite straightforward compared to some of the others. As I said before and GoSpuffy and TriBel indicated too, there is definitely ambiguity and room for interpretation of what/why you are picking. So...

Spike or Angel - Spike (Taken as a character preference question. I love both vamps but Spike is my favourite character across the whole verse, so it was gonna be him.)
                    Oz or Tara - Oz (Again taken as an individual character preference and I adored Oz from the start whereas Tara has taken me some time to come to appreciate better.)
                    Vampire Willow or Dark Willow - Dark Willow (They are both explorations of Willow and interesting, but in one scenario she has been killed and is soulless and I wouldn't prefer that.)
                    Best slayer who isn't Buffy - Faith (A more interesting character we got to know more of.)
                    Xander's true love? - Anya (Their relationship was just more involved/serious, I don't think he loved Cordelia.)
                    Creepiest monster? - Gnarl (That was my answer today at least. The Gentlemen is my other fave answer for this kind of question, so either works for me. Actually perhaps Gnarl is really the scariest and The Gentlemen are the creepiest. )
                    Most lovable monster? - Clem (Neither Dru or Harmony are lovable.)
                    Pick a Giles: - Classic Giles (Mostly because he's the more complete/developed person. Plus, I never thought much of his Ripper depiction in Band Candy like many do.)
                    Most heartbreaking moment? - Joyce dying (No competition, that was gut wrenching in a totally different way because of the finality/loss in it.)
                    What's worse? - stray bullets (A totally random and very odd comparison. Riley isn't my favourite character but he has done both good and bad things and has a character path that can be considered and looked at for development/weaknesses/regression etc. A stray bullet just misses or hits someone. It is 'worse' both in the sense of the mindless damage it can do and for it's character depth. )
                    What's better? - Life after Dawn (There are multiple ways to interpret this question I think and as an increasing character fan of Dawn and having always been one of her intro (best character introduction ever for me), it's an 'after' response on that front for me. For personal seasons preference I prefer the later seasons and think 5 and 6 are the two strongest, so again it would be 'after' if I think of it in that way. If I consider if the characters lives were better before or after by considering an interpretation of 'better' as being about a matter of health then it was easier so 'better' before in that sense. But still, just not as progressed and interesting to my eye and lacking a fantastic character, so I'm sticking with after. )
                    Best Big Bad? - The Master (No Angel as an option then. Hmmm, there's something I like about a lot of these but I think The Master was always so much more than the mwahaha villain he seems to be and was portrayed so well I just love how classic++ he is.)
                    Best Scooby headquarters? - The Library (It just looks so cool.)
                    Best song from OMWF? Rest in Peace (The lyrics in OMWF are fantastic so it's probably no surprise that my favourite is that which explores the situation for my favourite character and it shows how mixed up he is so well and the intensity he feels driving him both ways, it's great.)

Why hasn't anyone else put their OMWF song choice on??

Comment

@Stoney - Oh...nobody told me I had to think about it!

Why hasn't anyone else put their OMWF song choice on??
                      Because when I went back the second time I mistakenly thought it finished with Dawn!

Best Big Bad? - The Master
                      Best Scooby headquarters? - The Magic Box. Just 'cos.
                      Best song from OMWF? Rest in Peace. 'Cos Spike.
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't think about it like that consciously at the time, but as I was putting up my responses I put why I made them. It doesn't mean they were anything more than split second clicks at the time of selection.
                        Last edited by Stoney; 22-05-19, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I also Chose rest in peace, because what could be better than Spike singing to Buffy?

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                            I also Chose rest in peace, because what could be better than Spike singing to Buffy?
                            Oh Duh! Spike singing to you?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              This just means you have questionable taste and are not to be trusted. Welcome to fandom.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                              Spike not singing, ever. Or watching Illyria stake Spike on an infinite loop.

Comment

Working...
                              X