No announcement yet.

After Show Reactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way she just moves upto the screen when Spike starts singing, just made my day

Seeing Red is going to break her heart
    Last edited by Priceless; 30-09-18, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I think, she posts Buffy videos on Friday.

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
        Clueless question - but is there a specific day of the week when she posts her reaction videos? I'm just eager for her next set of reactions
        She posts 2 Buffyverse videos on Friday, and 2 more on Saturday. They may be Buffy or Angel, since she's watching them in parallel.
        But she lives in Australia, so that may mean Thursday and Friday, depending on where you live. It's usually Thursday/Friday evening for me, for people in the Western hemisphere it's probably Thursday/Friday earlier in the day.

This is her full schedule: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvE...0JvfJcMQ/about
        You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
          After Shows Reaction is pretty much the "perfect viewer" in terms of how the writers probably hoped the majority of viewers would react. She both loves Bangel and she loves Spuffy and she's emotionally invested in both of them whenever they're on screen which is, after all, I imagine what the writers had intended. She also seems to have a healthy love/affection for pretty much every character. The only character she outright hated was Riley but other than that, she is pretty much a writer's dream.

She should also be the envy of a lot of fans, IMO. It must be far more rewarding to be able to watch the series and love whatever you're viewing in the moment (regardless of ship/character/season) which is sadly not all that common in fandom. People seem entrenched in their sides.
          A credit to your tribe, she is.

The Riley stuff was actually kinda tiresome, but what can you do?

So far, hands down, my favorite has been the realization of what was happening in "The Gift", what must happen.
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

Okay I watched her OMWF reaction, well watched/skimmed through it. I actually found both her pauses and the jumps in the episode itself pretty irritating straight away. But her visual reactions at key points was entertaining to see. She obviously doesn't know JM is in a band, I assume those commenting on her vids will have told her. I don't think I could fully sit through these though and, I don't know if her others vary of course, but there wasn't much critical thought going on. Or verbalised at least. Going only on how she seemed during that I'm not sure that she'll 'get' the darker, negative side of Buffy and Spike and not just really dislike that it isn't a positive, happy development. I would be interested to see how she responds to Smashed.

I'm also a little dubious that she didn't know about it and how unspoiled she was about the musical ep as she says right as it starts that she can't sing during this (I think) and that's just a really weird thing to say I thought when the credits have only just started. I just don't think that you'd jump to that conclusion and she then plays 'realising' it's a musical later, so why say that at the start. Anyway, yeah, I'll nosey at others, but I'd skim even more than I just did for this I think.

Comment

but there wasn't much critical thought going on.
              Imo thats par for the course with her I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                Imo thats par for the course with her I'm afraid.
                Not that it's required to dig into themes, plots, characters to enjoy the show of course. I know when I very first watched it I wasn't considering it to the detail I do now. But it was what I could see in the plots and character arcs that made me want to dig deeper and discuss it and which caused me to find online fandom. So there's nothing wrong with her not seeming to be critically appreciating it, it's just that this reduces my interest in her responses. It's still somewhat interesting, to see how someone is responding to key moments even on a more surface level viewing, but when things get darker she might be put off I think. Unless she surprises me and relates to what she sees, which of course could happen. I can hardly claim to know what her preferences and takes on things are like from skipping through one review.

Comment

I suspect like a lot of todays reactors she's chasing subs/money so she's not going to go into stuff below surface level for fear of alienating her audience.

She does cover an awful lot of shows, (I noticed she's been doing quite a lot of live streams of her editing her Supernatural videos for example that go on for hours) which personally I don't bother with. Same with her vids on Agents of Shield.

As I said I haven't watched her cover of other shows, but I think maybe the standard of writing of those means she gets on with them better. I suspect she's not into deep or dark stuff and so her covering Buffy and Angel is going to be very interesting as both seasons progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                    Okay I watched her OMWF reaction, well watched/skimmed through it. I actually found both her pauses and the jumps in the episode itself pretty irritating straight away. But her visual reactions at key points was entertaining to see. She obviously doesn't know JM is in a band, I assume those commenting on her vids will have told her. I don't think I could fully sit through these though and, I don't know if her others vary of course, but there wasn't much critical thought going on. Or verbalised at least. Going only on how she seemed during that I'm not sure that she'll 'get' the darker, negative side of Buffy and Spike and not just really dislike that it isn't a positive, happy development. I would be interested to see how she responds to Smashed.

I'm also a little dubious that she didn't know about it and how unspoiled she was about the musical ep as she says right as it starts that she can't sing during this (I think) and that's just a really weird thing to say I thought when the credits have only just started. I just don't think that you'd jump to that conclusion and she then plays 'realising' it's a musical later, so why say that at the start. Anyway, yeah, I'll nosey at others, but I'd skim even more than I just did for this I think.
                    It's a reaction video, not an essay or review. If you want reviews from her, watch the season overviews she does. Sonetimes she, like every reactor, talks about the episode for a few minutes at the end, but that wasn't the case this time, probably because the video was too long already, or because she waa too excited and emotional.

And I don't understand people doubting if the reactors are totally unspoiled. Do you actually think these people are such great actors? If she is pretending, then she needs to quickly embark on an acting career. Give her all the roles. Because if that's acting, it's Emmy caliber acting.
                    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Okay, I'm not sure why this seems to have irritated you so much, I'm just saying why I didn't find it great viewing. I'm totally happy to accept that this is probably in great part because it didn't offer me something I'd prefer but that it would have been somewhat unlikely in this format. In fact I've openly said at the beginning that this is exactly why I don't watch these things because I don't think they would. So no, I wasn't expecting an essay or review, just a thoughtful comment or two. A reaction that showed some thoughts were churning after having watched it. If she sometimes talks about the episode at the end for a few minutes that would have met what I thought I might see. I wasn't expecting a complex analysis by any stretch.

And I'm just making an observation that she made a very odd comment at the start about singing, it was random and seemed out of nowhere. I'm not suggesting that she necessarily knew anything more than that it was a musical episode. But I think she may have known that or what she said makes no sense to me. And there would be a benefit to her presenting herself as completely unspoiled, even over minor little facts, because it makes her reactions more interesting to people.

Comment

I was wondering if someone had been given her the black microfone that is shaped like a ball and she assumed she was expected to be singing because of the microfone.

flow

Comment

Could be that if it was a change of mic (which obviously I wouldn't know about never having seen another).

Comment

Comment

Watched a few of her Buffy & AoS vids. She's cute! Pretty good as react vids go. Been watching some Killing Eve and WayHaught react vids recently. Those are pretty interesting/amusing. Anyone seen any of those?

Comment

The tabula rasa vid was the first vid, where I thought she was overdoing it with the stopping and talking. I was hoping she would do Smashed immediately after, but - alas - nothing yet.

HowIMetDaSlayer:
                                Killing Eve and WayHaught react vids
                                I am sorry, I haven`t even watched those series. Are they good?

flow

ETA:Oh, I forgot to mention this. She knew the Michelle Branch song. She said it had been on Charmed???
                                Last edited by flow; 09-10-18, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X