Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricey, that’s fantastic! I am so looking forward to it.

Did you notice someone by the name of eurydice72 is participating? Do you think it’s THE Eurydice? The one who wrote Legions Of true hearts, promise of frost, beg the liquid red and so on? She (if it’s her) hasn’t written Spuffy for a long time. I‘d love to read something new by her.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
      Pricey, that’s fantastic! I am so looking forward to it.

Did you notice someone by the name of eurydice72 is participating? Do you think it’s THE Eurydice? The one who wrote Legions Of true hearts, promise of frost, beg the liquid red and so on? She (if it’s her) hasn’t written Spuffy for a long time. I‘d love to read something new by her.

flow
      I did notice the name! Not sure if it's the same person . . . just checked her profile on LJ and yes, she says she did used to write Spuffy but got too busy (husband and 2 kids etc.). You should join LJ and say hello to her, say we'd like some more Spuffy please

Comment

I love Eurydice! That is exciting news!!!

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Whoa, thought I had notifications turned on for this thread, but I thought wrong. Double Dutchess, thank you for saying what needed to be said! <3

To reiterate: as I told flow, the theme is only there to inspire. If you've already got your idea, then the theme is superfluous for you. You don't have to do anything at all with the theme if it doesn't fit into your work. Your entry just has to be Spuffy, yours, previously unposted, and not an all-human AU. I personally ignored all themes for a couple of years straight, and as you can see they didn't exactly kick me out of the comm for that.

Also, yes, that is exactly the Euridyce you're thinking of! ^^ "Beg the Liquid Red" debuted on Seasonal Spuffy, as I just noticed by checking her creator tag. I'm thrilled she's planning to participate! I think outright asking her to write more Spuffy would not be a good approach, because that can stress an author out, BUT she might like to make some new Spuffy friends, as she did just make a public LiveJournal post asking where people talk about Spuffy these days. I told her here, among other places.
          Last edited by thenewbuzwuzz; 17-03-19, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Although I've put my name down for a day, I've only got one piece to show. Do I need more piece's or is one okay?

Comment

One is absolutely okay!

Comment

Quick reminder: the Spring Equinox free-for-all is this Wednesday, and information on that was over here.

Comment

This is my first time doing Seasonal Spuffy in YEARS, so you have no idea how incredibly nervous I am about it. Excited, too, because I absolutely love the theme. That was part of why I decided to hell with my nerves and signed up. Now I'm just sorting through ideas, trying to find the angle that's most mine and won't run out of control. Because that is always my weakness, lol.

BTW, thank you for thenewbuzwuzz for pointing this forum out to me! I've never stopped loving Buffy, but I've been itching for a rewatch since playing in a Buffy RPG in February. That started last weekend, and we're already halfway through S3 because we just can't stop. I'm so glad to find others who love the show, too.

Comment

Hi Eurydice,

welcome to this forum. It`s so great to see you here! Yes it is amazing that you can still find people who are talking about the show more than twenty years after it first aired.

You will have to post five times in other people`s threads before you are allowed to open your own thread. As soon as you are able, you are very welcome to post any questions or themes for discussion. This forum is very friendly and fun to be. There are many Spuffy fans around here but of course the whole variety of fandom can be found. We have comic fans, there are users who create fanart (and have battles), we have a fanfiction section, there are games to be played and there is a rewatch thread with reviews for each episode that has been ongoing for years. It´s currently at season six Seeing Red. If you are interested in following that thread or another reviews for a particular season or episode I`d be glad to link you to it.

I hope you have fun around here and I am looking forward to seeing you here!

P.s.: I`ll be posting something too for Seasonal Spuffy. It is my first attempt at writing fanfiction, so I am nervous as hell as well.

flow

Comment

Yesterday on Seasonal Spuffy:

"After Life" icons and a matching forum-size banner by sintonia
                      https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/650948.html

A lovely, printable Spuffy bookmark by teragramm
                      https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/650130.html

Two artwork posts by Double Dutchess, inspired by flower symbolism and cil_domney's art style.
                      Yellow edition: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/649366.html
                      And pink edition: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/649567.html

Festive oneshot "Ostara Blessings" - the Seasonal Spuffy debut of fancyflautist, featuring grass facts, a hell-bunny, and an original Wiccan ritual
                      https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/650505.html

For something completely different, a dark AU "Anywhere But Here" by the_wiggins, featuring an alternate and earlier route to s2 Spuffy partnership
                      https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/650383.html

Cute, feel-good post-series fic snippet "Whac-A-Mole" by Passion4Spike
                      https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/649910.html

Comment

Hey y`all,

I have just created an account at livejournal for my entry for seasonal spuffy. Just two questions - where can I check the site time? And the username flow was not available anymore. Therefore I registered on lifejournal as flowspuffy. Do I have to give the author`s name with flowspuffy then or is it okay to use simply flow because that`s the name I use everywhere else in the fandom?

flow

Comment

Yay! I'm not sure what you mean by "the site time" but I don't think you need it anyway, because you just stick to your own time for posting. That is, your posting day starts and ends at midnight *German* time. See "When we post" in the Seasonal Spuffy Guidelines.

Best ask a Seasonal Spuffy mod about the name use. But my guess is that in the description "flow" is probably fine, but if you want to be "flow" also in the author tag it's probably good to request this specifically.
                          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Ah I see, I should have read the guidelines :-)

Thank you so much!

Just to make sure - can I simply copy and paste my text from my word file?

flow

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can do copy-paste from Word, but it's probably safer to copy from plain text to keep unwanted Word formatting code from getting copied along.

Oh and I would advise sticking to the *old* visual editor, I have heard bad things about the new one.

Most important tip: be sure to look at thenewbuzwuzz's awesome and exceedingly detailed "How to Post an Entry to Seasonal Spuffy - the Beginner's Guide" stuck at the top of the Seasonal Spuffy LJ!
                              Last edited by Double Dutchess; 03-04-19, 03:57 PM.
                              https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Yay flow, so glad you joined. I shall follow you (not sue if that's what they do on LJ, but I'm a twitterer really)

Comment

Working...
                                X