Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The banner poll is up! Enjoy the pretties.
    We have some lovely entries this round - many thanks to the talented contributors. The voting polls will be up on both LJ and DW and you can vote in either place. Please vote only once. If you don't have an LJ or DW, please vote here with an anonymous comment. When voting anonymously please let us…

Comment

• Oh, I love the one with Spike as dashing Prince Charming <3

flow

Comment

• They are all amazing. Oh, I can't decide!

Comment

• There are a lot I really like (love the theme! ) but to me there's one that really stands out.
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• My favourite is joint second but the leader is quite a bit further ahead.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
              Double Dutchess commented
              Editing a comment
              It won a landslide victory indeed! But thank you for voting for my banner (All is revealed now)

• Yeah, it looks like none of the others will be ending up anywhere close to the one in the lead. But that's my own favourite, so I don't mind it winning!
            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              There are aspects of it I like.

• Comment

• ...and... the round will be open as soon as all_choseny posts tomorrow

We will most probably only make a weekly linkpost here on BuffyForums this time, since the round is longer and the mods more distracted by life.
              The Fall 2020 round of seasonal_spuffy, Fairy Tales Retold, will run from tomorrow (Monday, November 2), through Sunday, November 29 , on LiveJournal and Dreamwidth . Links to all new entries will be available during the round on both of these sites and also on our tumblr blog and…

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post
                ...and... the round will be open as soon as all_choseny posts tomorrow
                We will most probably only make a weekly linkpost here on BuffyForums this time, since the round is longer and the mods more distracted by life.
                Sure, thanks for checking in and giving us updates. Members here that read/look at specific entries can always post a rec to the other members too of course.

Comment

• I just went and looked at the banner results. I was really surprised by how far ahead the winner was to be honest.

I really loved 6. Double Dutchess , I thought it really stood out amongst them all.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Stoney! I am not surprised about the winner, because I think that one was on a whole 'nother level from the other banners. But that makes me even more amazed and grateful that you actually preferred mine

• I'm not surprised 5 won, It's amazing. But I voted for 6, great work Double Dutchess

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh wow, thank you for voting for my banner! I didn't realise that at least half my votes came from fellow Buffyforums members, that's such a nice coincidence. And I agree 5 is amazing, no shame in losing from that one!

• All_choseney made three banners and two wallpapers for the first day of Seasonal Spuffy. One of the banners has Buffy as a fairy. It is really adorable:

https://seasonal-spuffy.dreamwidth.org/937273.html

Teragramm also made a banner:

https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/707982.html

flow

Comment

• A short and very beautiful fic by gillo about contemporary Spuffy living happily in the UK during the lockdown and watching the bonfire nights fireworks...

https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal....XGuKyROiLinHic

And a gifset by our own thenewbuzzwuzz:

https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/708164.html

flow
                  Last edited by flow; 06-11-20, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Thank you, flow! Additionally, we now have the start of a fun season 4 AU WIP "William the Bloody: Prince of Thieves" by DarkVoid116, in which Spike has teamed up with Robin Wood and a merry band of other grey hats
                    https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/708757.html

Comment

• There has been a fic fest over in Seasonal Spuffy in the last week!

stuffnonsense posted a second chapter to Nothing is Finished.
                      A sequel of sorts for Ripples on a Hellmouth. In Ripples on a Hellmouth, Buffy went back in time seven times to fix her past and stop the world from ending. Each trip back showed her a different ‘present’, until by the end she barely recognised it. But she still ended up with almost everything she’d ever hoped for in a happily ever after.

Then garnigal posted a short fic Goldilocks and the Bear.
                      Post everything (sweet togetherness)

This was followed by Eurydice's A Fairy Tale, They Say, over two posts.
                      Buffy receives anonymous gifts that lead to questions she doesn't have answers to.

sandy_s then offered up a single chaptered fic Buffy, Spike, and the Witch of the Acheron River.
                      A sort of fairy tale. Buffy receives word that someone she knows has come to the meadows across the river. Written for the 15th anniversary of Seasonal Spuffy and for all the lovely people who make fandom a wonderful place to be. (This was written in about three days after my son went to bed so any mistakes are all mine.)

Then yesterday zabjade posted Under the Skin.
                      Unsure of what to do about her crumbling relationship or how to keep her sister safe, Buffy uses a crystal made by Willow to trigger a slayer dream. A slayer dream that warns her to be wary of wolves who hide their fur under the skin.

Phew! Best get the kettle on and put your feet up...

And on top of all that teragramm posted a wallpaper and three fic banners which you can gaze upon after you've exhausted reading all the stories!

Comment

• Lots of goodies since the last update.
                      • Slaymesoftly posted a cracky fun NC-17 one-shot "DO YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRIES?", and gillo made a manip to go with it.
                      • sintonia posted some pretty art as well as a meta post about Fool for Love.
                      • titti and maryperk73703 posted two variations on Sleeping Beauty: a one-shot by titti "Sleeping Beauty Awakes" and the first chapter of a WIP by maryperk73703 "Life is (Not) a Fairy Tale".
                      • I posted a limerick (which inspired a couple of more limericks in the comments) and a story banner based on my banner contest submission.
                      • Twinkles (wolfshadoe) posted a story I haven't read yet, but the comments sound like it's as heartbreaking as it is beautiful. It's complete in three parts, "Dissonance", rated NC-17.

Comment

• Come to the dark side, we've got:Oh, and today and tomorrow are free-for-all days! Saturday is for posting entries that are based on prompts from the prompting post, and Sunday is for anything you've got (if what you've got is new Spuffy work).
                        Last edited by thenewbuzwuzz; 28-11-20, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Thank you so much for keeping us updated, thenewbuzwuzz . I am sorry I am so behind keeping up with the posts on Seasonal Spuffy. You guys are doing a fantastic job in keeping the Spuffy fandom alive and kicking over there. I really appreciate it and hope I can catch up with the recent entries asap.

flow

Comment

• thenewbuzwuzz
                            thenewbuzwuzz commented
                            Editing a comment
                            And we really appreciate your support, but it's okay -- nobody expects instant comments on all entries. I'm not caught up either...

• The last seasonal_spuffy entries that I hadn't linked here yet are:
                          2 fiction banners and a wallpaper for kink meme prompts, by teragramm
                          Shirtless woodcutter Spike + fairy Buffy wallpaper and banners and Fool for Love complicated gifs by Double Dutchess
                          A fridge poem and banner Spike Wins the Soul in Kitten Poker by me
                          Chapter 5 of Nothing Is Finished by stuffnonsense
                          An unexpected part 4 and part 5 of Dissonance by wolfshadoe
                          A one-shot Thanks to Spike by gillo

We also have a full index post, a general end-of-the-round mod post for feedback and such, as well as a poll for deciding what times of year Seasonal Spuffy should run in the future, because we're pretty sure we're switching to a fixed schedule.

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Seconded! And thanks for putting up the notices here. I've not been keeping up to date well this time as the entries have happened but will no doubt come back to peruse them soon.

• flow
                            flow commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you guys so much for so much Spuffy goodness!

• thenewbuzwuzz
                            thenewbuzwuzz commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I wish I could "like" comments. <3

• Hello, hi, we're having a free-for-all day today on Seasonal Spuffy. (Happy solstice!) All the entries ought to be findable here as they're posted: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/2020/12/21/

Comment

Working...
                          X