Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baphrosia posted Chapter 1-3 of a new story that is already fully written
    (chapter 2 is linked at the end of chapter 1, and likewise chapter 3 at the end of chapter 2):

Title: Transilience
    Setting: S2, pre-series
    Rating: PG (for now, will change to R later)
    Word Count: 6500 in all the posted chapters together
    Summary: Early S2. Ethan Rayne opens his costume shop a few weeks earlier than in canon. This time, his cursed costume sends Buffy, who has yet to deal with Parent-Teacher night (and a certain vampire), on a journey through time.
    A/N: I finished this story quite some time ago but have been putting off posting. I'm sorry to say it doesn't much fit this round's theme. Rather, I was giving myself a deadline so I had to start posting. It's quite a long story, ~150,000 words, and I'll continue posting to the usual places (AO3, ff.net, and Elysian Fields).
    Title: Transilience Author: Baphrosia Setting: S2, pre-series Rating: PG (for now, will change to R later) Word Count: 1800 Summary: Early S2. Ethan Rayne opens his costume shop a few weeks earlier than in canon. This time, his cursed costume sends Buffy, who has yet to deal with…

Comment

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      Great start to Baphrosia's fic, looking forward to reading the rest!

• 20 icons by sintonia!

(and the floor is yours, flow )
    .| Title: 20 icons .| Creator: sintonia Hello everyone! A little late, I know, but here I am. As always I have to catch up but how are you? A big hug for you and your family, it's difficult for many and this, well, they're icons and it's distracting me so if you're having a very bad time I hope…
    Last edited by thenewbuzwuzz; 17-05-20, 08:51 AM. Reason: bracket

Comment

• (and the floor is yours, flow
      )
      Done! And my Help review on the BtVS-rewatch thread too! I am the mistress of Buffyverse fandom posts today

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• We have a oneshot by the_wiggins. It's available both on LiveJournal (linked below) and on Dreamwidth.

Title: A Guy Can Dream
      Author:
      the_wiggins
      Era/season/setting: season 6
      Rating: M
      Author's note: I've been working on an original (well, Norse-mythology inspired) novel. So I haven't had much time for fanfic. This weird little story is what happens when I try to shift gears, I guess.
      Title: A Guy Can Dream Author: the_wiggins Era/season/setting: season 6 Rating: M Author's note: I've been working on an original (well, Norse-mythology inspired) novel. So I haven't had much time for fanfic. This weird little story is what happens when I try to shift gears, I guess.

Comment

• Priceless
        Priceless commented
        Editing a comment
        I can recommend this oneshot, it's well written and the imagery is really engaging.

• ...and the first three chapters of "The Mired Path" by Priceless Slaymesoftly assures us that the story can be read and enjoyed even if one is not familiar with the comics.

Chapter 1
      Chapter 2
      Chapter 3

Setting: Post Season 12 (Comic compliant)
      Rating: PG
      Warning: Spike/Other
      Word Count: 1900
      Summary: In Season 12 Buffy and Spike break up. Spike eventually leaves and this is their first meeting in three years. Plus, Angel needs rescuing.

Comment

• Priceless
        Priceless commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully get the next chapter up tomorrow!

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        I loved the 'I like doughnuts' response too.

• SpuffyGlitz
        SpuffyGlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG yay!! I'm off to read! <3

• Originally posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post
      ...and the first three chapters of "The Mired Path" by Priceless Slaymesoftly assures us that the story can be read and enjoyed even if one is not familiar with the comics.

Chapter 1
      Chapter 2
      Chapter 3

Setting: Post Season 12 (Comic compliant)
      Rating: PG
      Warning: Spike/Other
      Word Count: 1900
      Summary: In Season 12 Buffy and Spike break up. Spike eventually leaves and this is their first meeting in three years. Plus, Angel needs rescuing.
      Yippee! A new fic by Pricey. I’m very excited.

You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

Comment

• Priceless
        Priceless commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I think I'm getting better, though still work to be done. I really enjoyed writing this one, though it took some unexpected turns

• A story by myrabeth!

Title: The Paper Incursion
      Setting: Pre-series to Season 5, post-series
      Rating: PG-13
      Word Count: 8950
      Summary: Every birthday since she was called, she receives a letter from someone who seems to know what the year will bring. Vague hints. A word or two of advice. Helpful. Appreciated. Frustrating. And all from the greatest enemy she has ever known.
      Title: The Paper Incursion Author: myrabeth Setting: Pre-series to Season 5, post-series Rating: PG-13 Word Count: 8950 Special Thanks: zabjade Author's Note: I managed to snag my own birthday for this round's sign ups, and ended up producing a birthday-themed fic, a small gift to a fandom that has…

Comment

• Double Dutchess made two posts. \o/

Title: Enemies with Benefits (School Hard) banners
        Form: banner
        Rating: safe for work
        Alternative (Dreamwidth) link.

Title: Please, please, please (let me get what I want)
        Format: video
        WARNING: contains clips from Seeing Red. Also, references to "Spike/Other".
        Dreamwidth link.

Comment

• As I am a total techno-idiot, if I wanted to post the rest of my fic in my own section would I still need to put a cut in it as I did when posting to Seasonal Spuffy?

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean to post it in the fanfic section on this site? And if so, what is a 'cut'?

• If you want to post it on your LiveJournal account I don't think you will need a cut. Please post it here and on Elysian Fields too!

@Stoney: A cut is a feature on LiveJournal. It allows you to hide the bigger part of your post. It is useful if you look at a site with more than one entry. That way you see the titles or headers of all the entries without having to scroll down.

flow

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, yes, thank you. I vaguely recall that on LJ. It works like a spoiler tag, if I'm remembering correctly.

• There is a section to post fanfic on this site?? Not sure I knew this.

Thank you flow. I shall be posting on LJ and AO3. I'm too scared of the experts on EF, and I like getting lost in the crowds on the other sites. If I ever write anything really really good, I will post on EF promise

Comment

• thenewbuzwuzz
            thenewbuzwuzz commented
            Editing a comment
            Whenever I've posted anything on Elysian Fields, the commenters have as a rule been extremely nice and friendly. But since you say you like getting lost in crowds, then fair enough, AO3 is a great place for that.

• Priceless
            Priceless commented
            Editing a comment
            I am too intimidated by EF, the writers are too knowledgeable and I admire them too much. If they read my work and didn't comment, I'd be hurt, but if they read my work and said they'd liked it, I wouldn't believe them. I have to wait till I'm a better writer to post there and I accept that might never happen.

• It's here:

http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...014-fanfiction

and here:

http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...012-fanfiction

and here:

http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/...iction/archive

flow

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            There is a section to post fanfic on this site?? Not sure I knew this.
            As flow's links indicate, the posting of fanfic on the site isn't something that has been happening for a long time.

Within the site restructuring considerations that are happening, combining the old fics into an overall fanfic archive has been mentioned and then perhaps we could start a section for new fanfics as 2020 onwards. In the meantime I'd suggest just starting a thread in the general fanfiction area if you did want to post your stories here. I'm happy to look to set up a new 2020 fanfiction section and worry about combining the archived older fics at another point, but I'd want to run any suggestions by Llywela before we did anything structural to the fanfic section.

Comment

• I am not afraid to show my stupidity, so what does FRAO, FRT and FRC stand for?

Doubt I'll post my fics here, as who would read them? They're all Spuffy and those who'd want to read them will do so on AO3 or LJ. Plus it takes forever to upload to just two sites, I cannot be bothered to upload to a third that probably has totally different posting criteria.

BYO?
              Last edited by Priceless; 22-05-20, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              As I am a total techno-idiot, if I wanted to post the rest of my fic in my own section would I still need to put a cut in it as I did when posting to Seasonal Spuffy?
              Of course you can do whatever you like on your own LJ, but my suggestion would be to still use a cut, to save your LJ friends a LOT of scrolling through their Friends Feed, and also to protect them from being spoiled as they are forced to scroll through later chapters of your story before having read the earlier ones. I think these are the two main reasons for using cuts on LJ.

Also, why not post the later chapters on Seasonal Spuffy? There are free-for-all days tomorrow and Monday, and I'm sure most people (who might not think to check your own LJ) will be very happy to read the rest of the story.

ETA: Oops, I see you've already posted the rest of the chapters to your own LJ. In that case, scrap my suggestion about posting them to Seasonal Spuffy. You could still add a note at the end of Chapter 3 pointing out that the rest of the story can be read on your LJ. My suggestion to add cuts still stands, though!
              Last edited by Double Dutchess; 23-05-20, 12:51 PM.
              https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                Double Dutchess commented
                Editing a comment
                PS: above arguments hold not just for the Friends Feed but also directly for your LJ. If I wanted to read the rest of story there and start at chapter 4, it would involve a lot of scrolling through the later chapters (and possibly being spoiled along the way) to get there.

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you so much Double Dutchess for the advice, it is much appreciated and I'll try to remember it for next time
            Working...
            X