Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

First things first: September 22 will be the Fall Equinox Free-for-All!

Mark in the change of season by sharing your new Spuffy fanworks (fic, art, vids, etc.)! For more information, see https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626366.html

Second things second:

Share your ideas about the next (25th!) round at the poll here: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626574.html

You can suggest a theme, tell us what dates work best for you, and where it is easiest for you to post. Now's your chance to tell us how you want it!
    Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

Interested parties are invited to vote for a theme for the upcoming round! https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626730.html

There's still time to vote when/where/how you'd like the round to go! https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626574.html

Comment

The people have spoken! In addition to the Free-for-all posting day on Sept. 22, Round 25 will run from Nov. 16-Dec. 2! Signup are available now at: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/627381.html

Go get your posting date before they are all gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebcake View Post
        Go get your posting date before they are all gone!
        Will there be free for all days again in round 25 itself?

EDIT: No worries, I've read the LJ post and see that there are.
        Last edited by Stoney; 05-09-18, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Heads up, we're having a Seasonal Spuffy Free-for-All day today! All contributions welcome (within the pretty lenient rules)!

https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Happy autumn equinox, all! Over on Seasonal Spuffy, we've already got two free-for-all entries:

a S12 issue 4 comics art edit by Double Dutchess, "a visual comment on the last issue of the comics season 12, reflecting where Spuffy is at right now". It's worksafe, but contains SPOILERS for season 12! It's also cute and really funny.

a moodboard / aesthetic for “Tales From a New Body” [the wonderful Spuffy fic by OffYourBird], made by badwolfjedi! Worksafe, as well. Rarely has a rec post been so gorgeous to look at. ^^

I assume it would be spamming to link every post here as they happen? So I think I'll link all the rest of them tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Double Dutchess. The rules in question are over here: seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/profile

Comment

I wish I was better at organising my time that I could have contributed. Going to go and have a nosey at the entries.

Comment

Aw, Stoney, better luck with the fall round? This was just a quick little event, blink and it's gone -- but I see you did contribute comments! That's valuable, too.

So in addition to the two posts I linked yesterday, people posted some more ARTWORK. I'd say it all ranges from pretty good to excellent, skewed heavily towards the excellent. <3 All the images are worksafe.

badwolfjedi: Moodboard / Aesthetic inspired by Pumpkin Spike by Sunalso
                sandy_s: A banner and an icon
                teragramm: Autumn Equinox Banner
                nmcil12: Banner - Buffy Season 12
                nmcil12: Banner - The Fall Season

We also have this collaborative word playground.
                thenewbuzwuzz: Interactive poetry kit: The Spuffiest Words

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                  I wish I was better at organising my time that I could have contributed. Going to go and have a nosey at the entries.
                  I hope you'll manage to contribute something to the Fall round! There are multiple free-for-all days then, so it should be a bit easier to catch one. (Says the person who still has no idea if she'll manage to finish anything for her signed-up date, and who will most likely be forced to quickly improvise something the night before )

Comment

And here's a summary of our future plans, in case something slipped your mind in the excitement of the free-for-all. (Also, some of this hasn't been said in this thread before.)
                    • Starting next Sunday, there will be a series of tutorial posts about How to LiveJournal. Those posts will only happen on our tumblr blog and Facebook page. Would it be useful to link every post here, or only all of them at the end, or not needed at all? Please let me know if someone is interested but reading on tumblr/Facebook is a problem.
                    • The banner challenge for the fall round will open officially on October 16. Artists are free to start work whenever they like, though, as teragramm assures us that banner challenge rules rarely change between rounds. Questions about the banner challenge are best asked over here (LiveJournal account not necessary to ask).
                    • The Fall 2018 round is a little under 2 months away now -- it will run November 16 to December 2 on LiveJournal, as I think you know. All the posting days are filled (yay!), BUT one can still sign up to share a day, and anyone may post without signup on the free-for-all days: Nov 22, Nov 25, and Dec 1-2.
                    • The Winter Solstice free-for-all is on December 21. If you have any ideas about cool special things we could try for that event, now's the time to suggest them! However, as this fall equinox event showed, we still do just great when we keep things simple. <3

Comment

Starting next Sunday, there will be a series of tutorial posts about How to LiveJournal. Those posts will only happen on our tumblr blog and Facebook page. Would it be useful to link every post here, or only all of them at the end, or not needed at all? Please let me know if someone is interested but reading on tumblr/Facebook is a problem.
                      Is this going to be a step by step, idiots guide? If so, then it would be great if it were posted here because I don't have a clue and would love to learn

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Is this going to be a step by step, idiots guide? If so, then it would be great if it were posted here because I don't have a clue and would love to learn
                        Cool, I'm glad you're interested! I plan to make 6 posts, covering navigation features, commenting and other interaction with posts, communities (what active comms there are and how one works), and posting. *cringes at own ambition* It's definitely meant to be beginner-level, and I'm capable of getting crazy detailed, so yes, step by step, but I'll try to strike some sort of balance so the posts aren't too huge.

By posted here, do you mean links to it, or would it be significantly more useful if I made a forum thread?

Comment

Originally posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post
                          Cool, I'm glad you're interested! I plan to make 6 posts, covering navigation features, commenting and other interaction with posts, communities (what active comms there are and how one works), and posting. *cringes at own ambition* It's definitely meant to be beginner-level, and I'm capable of getting crazy detailed, so yes, step by step, but I'll try to strike some sort of balance so the posts aren't too huge.

By posted here, do you mean links to it, or would it be significantly more useful if I made a forum thread?
                          That sounds great. Thank you, I'd definitely be interested. I wouldn't expect you to post here, the links would be grat though

Comment

Originally posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post

Sounds like you're going to have to quit your job to make time for full-time modding

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                              Sounds like you're going to have to quit your job to make time for full-time modding
                              Stretching it to 1 post a week, and taking into account I don't work full time, I hope it won't come to that...

Comment

Working...
                              X