Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL:Buffy Reboot - Monica Owusu-Breen: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'll watch this reboot either way, but I'd be so happy to see ASH in it, and even happier if he were playing Rupert Giles.

    It's been an age since this show was even announced, so I agree that it may never see the light of day. Wish they would actually make some announcement on this.

    Comment


    • I suspect they are just hoping we'll forget about it. Announcing something is far, far, from getting anything sorted ie funding. Prospected shows are announced all the time and very few make it to the finishing line sadly. I'm in two minds about this. I'd be interested in seeing what they come up with, but I suspect based on how other adaptions of old TV shows have been done It will end up being a 'toothless' and poor imitation of the original.

      Comment


      • If this show does ever come to fruition, it would have to be completely different from the original because I don't think they can improve on it. They might make it more appealing to poc, but other than that, unless they hit the amazing seam of gold in the writers room they did on the original, they'll soon lose that audience.

        Comment


        • I recently watched Midnight Texas or more struggle to watch actually. It's only two seasons long, but it took me 6 months to complete to find out it's left on a cliffhanger.
          Monica Owusu-Breen was the executive producer of that show, and now that Disney has the rights to Buffy, I kind of hope that they reset the project with some other producer because I found myself bored for the majority of the show. It was just too cheesy and not interesting enough.

          Comment


          • StateOfSiege97
            StateOfSiege97 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you and Pricey—
            Couldn't get through more than an episode, and that was a struggle... Fell asleep twice...

          • redtent
            redtent commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I don't know why I insisted on watching beyond s1. I guess I hoped it would get better, but it only got worse.

          • TimeTravellingBunny
            TimeTravellingBunny commented
            Editing a comment
            I really liked season 1, but found season 2 to be a massive disappointment.

        • Yeah, apart from the fact that back then you could get away with touching on subjects that would have folks up in arms with today, there are now shows in a simular vein. Imo most of them crap writing wise I grant you but there are there.

          Comment


          • given that the reboot is now owned by Disney, i
            do not have high hopes that it will stray
            beyond the bounds of fairly well-established
            cultural norms—

            even when it pretends to be challenging them—

            that's what Disney does...


            Comment


            • I think this died on the vine before the acquisition even went through. There was nothing after the initial announcement and backlash. That's going on over a year and a half ago now.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                If this show does ever come to fruition, it would have to be completely different from the original because I don't think they can improve on it. They might make it more appealing to poc, but other than that, unless they hit the amazing seam of gold in the writers room they did on the original, they'll soon lose that audience.
                They don't care about improving it or adding to the story or any if that. They just want to sell it and make money that's it

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

                  They don't care about improving it or adding to the story or any if that. They just want to sell it and make money that's it
                  I do sort of agree. But at the same time, for a woman/team who just want to make money, they're taking a lot of time over it. They could be looking for other writing or producing work, or looking at another project to bring to the screen,one that would be easier. It's not like there are a million channels crying out for projects. So I'm sort of on the fence about this. Yes, they want to make money of course, who doesn't, but at the same time I get the idea they want to deliver a decent show they can be proud of. I'm probably being quite naive, but I'm not so cynical

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Priceless View Post

                    I do sort of agree. But at the same time, for a woman/team who just want to make money, they're taking a lot of time over it. They could be looking for other writing or producing work, or looking at another project to bring to the screen,one that would be easier. It's not like there are a million channels crying out for projects. So I'm sort of on the fence about this. Yes, they want to make money of course, who doesn't, but at the same time I get the idea they want to deliver a decent show they can be proud of. I'm probably being quite naive, but I'm not so cynical
                    Lol I'm cynical enough to think that they were always going to do a reboot but after the backlash at the idea, they were suddenly going no no it's a sequel. But its basically still going to be a soft reboot in all but name

                    Comment


                    • My prediction is a continuation not a reboot. Some new slayer who was named after Buffy and no other connection to our Buffy.


                      “I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

                      Comment


                      • SMG talks a bit at the beginning about a Buffy reboot/spinoff.

                        Sarah Michelle Gellar Says Freddie Prinze Jr. Shows Son ‘Buffy’ Scenes To Prove Girls Can Fight

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYxdUnQEAaA


                        Comment


                        • James Marsters and Amber Benson 'hopeful' for prospect of a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a new generation

                          https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/james-...ire-slayer-for

                          Comment


                          • I think that any reboot along the lines of this "rumoured" one by Monica Owusu-Breen, should not be called after Buffy, it should not have Buffy in the title.. it could still be a slayer show and a full reboot for the benefit of a modern/new audience, but it wouldn't be Buffy without Sarah, Nick, Alyson and Tony (for starters) IMHO..

                            I'd prefer a continuation of Buffy, with the original cast, set as parents to a next generation of slayer and Scoobies..

                            J.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X