No announcement yet.

Buffy and Angel fan videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

• That was a lot of fun to watch. I love how they used so many characters (Ethan Jonathan andrew snyder), it made it very original

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Priceless - Thanks for posting! I haven't watched it yet but it's nice to see something about an aspect of the mise-en-scene. Giles' costume in Lessons fascinates me because it naturalises a colonial past. More to the point - Spike's in a suit in the new comic!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
              Priceless - Thanks for posting! I haven't watched it yet but it's nice to see something about an aspect of the mise-en-scene. Giles' costume in Lessons fascinates me because it naturalises a colonial past. More to the point - Spike's in a suit in the new comic!
              She's very good, and promises a whole episode on Giles soon

Comment

• Again, there weren't multiple posts on the pt2 of this thread, so this is now the only Buffy and Angel fan videos thread again.

Comment

• These are my three latest creations.

Comment

• I like those, Willow from Buffy! Great job at making Buffy look like a whole different show in the first one. I never realized BtVS and AtS had so much spectacular car action The third one is nicely dramatic, perfect for Faith. But the second one is my favourite. This is exactly the kind of quirky vid content that I enjoy the most, and it's always good to see some (well, a lot of...) Joyce love. Go, Joyce!
                    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Willow from Buffy
                      Willow from Buffy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you! Coming from you that means a lot! You're the duchess of quirk.

• Double Dutchess
                      Double Dutchess commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ha ha, thank you! I'll wear that title with pride

• I like them all but the third is my favorite. Fantastic job!

flow
                    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• The complete history of the Fanged Four in six videos. It's chronological: This is the first one:

The second:

flow
                    Last edited by flow; 27-03-20, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• The third:

and 4th:

Part 5:

And finally part 6

flow
                      Last edited by flow; 18-04-20, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing those Flow. Believe it or not I just watched every single one of them

What a fantastic story! From Darla on her death bed up until Angel seeing Buffy and "wanting to become someone." And of course every incredible character and scene in-between. Seeing it all laid out like that helped cement some opinions of mine and also were a revelation of sorts;

- I adore the Fanged Four. What amazing characters they all were and each so well-defined and unique.
                        - My favourite time period is definitely the Angel/Darla/Dru/Spike era in the 1800s/early 1900s. We meet some other great characters along the way but these 4 have such a wonderful chemistry with one another.
                        - Darla really did call the shots and whilst eventually Angelus' evil even surpassed hers it was Darla who pushed him towards so much (killing his village, noticing Dru, bringing the gypsy girl to him etc)
                        - Darla's revulsion at Angel embracing in the Five By Five flashbacks is so much more understandable when you see it alongside other flashbacks of Angelus and Darla taunting other vampires for their genuine affections. No wonder it rattled her so much.
                        - I'm reminded again of how wonderful it was that they managed to get the same actor back to play the gypsy father in Darla as who played him briefly in Becoming
                        - I never noticed the careful continuity between Angel's costume in the Five By Five flashbacks and the flashbacks in Darla of him wandering aimlessly without a soul. They have him in the same shirt and jacket. That's brilliant.
                        - Unfortunately this made it more apparent how outlandish Spike and Angelus' portrayals were in TGIQ as opposed to the other flashbacks. Angelus in particular felt like a totally different character in those scenes.
                        - Angel's depression came through very strongly here post-soul. It was interesting watching him in the later flashbacks as he chopped and changed from living in squalor and filth to a more dignified living standard. After he feeds on the dead shopkeeper it's definitely a form of self-punishment (1970's to 1990's) but it seemed very true to me that he would go through periods where he utterly had given up at even taking care of himself.
                        - Watching the Spike/Dru scenes in Fool For Love after you've seen the Willy/Angelus/Dru scenes in Destiny really showcases how differently Dru suddenly perceived Spike after he'd "levelled up" and killed the Chinese Slayer.
                        - I almost genuinely felt sorry for Dru when she was sadly wondering where Angelus was at the gypsy camp and Darla's sad promise that he'll "be with them soon." It was like a family being broken apart
                        - It was much more striking to watch Angelus mould Penn into his mini-me when he encourages Penn to go after his father and family after having just watched Angelus do that himself when he was first turned (they both even killed their sister first)
                        - I wonder if James, Elizabeth, Penn, Spike and Dru ever crossed paths?
                        - It was interesting watching Angelus get up to his own mischief in both Amends flashbacks when it was more apparent watching this that Darla, Spike and Dru were with him at the time
                        - There's a striking difference between Angelus and Darla's portrayals in the Holtz era in comparison to how they come across in the 1800s. It feels like a weight has been lifted off their shoulders. They're no longer constantly looking over their shoulder as they do evil
                        - Best looks for each character: Angel in the 1950's at the Hyperion, Spike in the 1970's fighting Nikki, Darla in that amazing kimono, Dru and her red jacket in the Boxer Rebellion
                        - The moment Buffy appeared on screen I could instantly understand why Angel fell in love with her. I had genuinely wondered if seeing all these flashbacks in sequence would make those scenes jarring but they didn't at all. Now don't get me wrong, the other actors are amazing, but SMG absolutely lit up the screen when she appeared and that was never more obvious then watching these videos. Seeing so many scenes without her just made me appreciate what an absolute force of nature she was and so vastly different to everyone Angel had ever experienced. It also helped of course that those scenes was deliberately shot so brightly (the big blue skies etc) which was such a contrast to how bleak Angel's life had been in the most recent flashbacks leading up to that (and of course how dark they were before that).

This was great. What an epic story. The Buffyverse may be pretty poor when it comes to world-building but the vampire history was always the exception for me. I loved every minute of it

"The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I've seen these before but will enjoy rewatching them. I agree that the history of the vamps really does tie together exceptionally well across the shows. The layers added to the early seasons of BtVS by the time you've 'seen it all' at the end of the shows is great. As Mogs says, it really does give clarity and revelations to watch the sequence of events isolated like this. Thanks for posting flow.

Comment

• Loved seeing these scenes, despite all these "universal mindwipes"--haha that added such depth to understanding the difference in whole centuries of emulating human and just the bloom of a few years in the vibrancy of being human embodied in SMG/Buffy; especially, "the moment" that changed "everything."
                            I really thought that each story of this clan of vampires was handled with power and poignancy. I suppose the "weird" happy ending for the "children" of the Master in the Aurelius clan is that Buffy was central to their own coming to the "light" and truly 'becoming" human--even Darla who had used sex for survival, endured and murdered in a pregnancy that no vampire could know also gave her some insight into the demands and pain of conscience
                            Angel proved "the soul" was worth claiming and enduring IN time for the gifts of love and of death--the end of suffering--to feel pure love--are exactly the "promise" of losing "delusions" Buddhists teach that even the evil demons are merely deluded. I guess centuries of murder washed clean in the light is indeed a forever moment, even while still a journey and I am so glad they "made it."
                            Of course, "sacrifice" of one's life is the proof since the eternal death that one never 'dies' is itself a paradox, a curse to be broken with duality: a choice.

Thanks for these videos so much. Really, I admire the talents of people in making them and loving all of these characters with such care, even making "the show" as intense as the very first time I saw it.
                            HUGS!
                            sybil

Comment

Working...
                            X