X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    replied
    This topic has continued in a new thread. - here.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Pop Culture Role Call did Get It Done. They thought Buffy buried Chloe in the backyard, but I assumed Buffy took her body out into the desert to bury her, in the same place Wood buried Jonathan. So where was Chloe buried? Does Buffy say she buried Chloe in the back garden?

They were not happy with Buffy in this episode. The way they describe the scene with Anya saying 'I'm not her friend' sounds incredibly similar to Empty Places. It made me think that this is the flip of that scene in EP and I'd never put the two together before. Here Buffy is telling them all to shape up or ship out, that they won't use the power they have, that they might as well go because they are useless to her, and in EP it's Buffy who is told to go.

Really interesting episode. Looking forward to how they're going to react to Storyteller.

Leave a comment:

• BtVS fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Can't believe it's finished so soon. I hope Dr Kelly now moves over to Still Pretty.
    They do make some good issues how rushed the whole circle of Black Thorn is and Angel killing Drogon

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
    Chipperish have done the final Angel episodes of the series Power Play and Not Fade Away

https://chipperish.com/2020/01/14/55-why-they-fight/
    Can't believe it's finished so soon. I hope Dr Kelly now moves over to Still Pretty.

Leave a comment:

• BtVS fan
    replied
    Chipperish have done the final Angel episodes of the series Power Play and Not Fade Away

https://chipperish.com/2020/01/14/55-why-they-fight/

Leave a comment:

• BtVS fan
    replied
    Buffering have done S5 Shadow

https://open.spotify.com/episode/75m...Tx2AOd5WuAJg9w

Leave a comment:

• BtVS fan
    replied
    Still Dead have done That Girl in Question

https://chipperish.com/2020/01/07/54...o-your-wesley/

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Enjoyed Pop Culture Role Call's First Date episode. I think they're confused about Anya's feelings, and that Anya still loves Xander. I like how Stasia understands that it was solely Buffy's choice to remove Spike's chip, and everything that meant.

Leave a comment:

• TriBel
    replied
    bespangled:

Al,so, applying it to something from the past as if you could change the past is just stupid. Why not celebrate how things have changed?
    You can't change the past but you can change the future by changing our understanding of the past. I think this is one of the functions of Lessons...and S7 as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• Willow from Buffy
    replied
    Yes, The Killer in Me episode of Pop Culture Role Call was great. Collin is fantastic. He is so invested.

Leave a comment:

• BtVS fan
    replied
    Originally posted by bespangled View Post
    I am having trouble listening to them at all. Actual real trouble. I have about 6 episodes I haven't touched. I loved Lani on Dusted - hated her husband. I am so glad her personal life is great and she can make a living podcasting and whatever. But I want to hear an analysis of a Buffy episode.

Every episode she seems to feel a need to go off on a lecture about the actions of some usually male - character. "This isn't right. We as women have been trained to..blah de blah blah" (to quote Anya). I know this. If I didn't hearing it once would be sufficient. And Lani is passionate, a bit defensive, and sometimes rather long winded. Just the thought of that episodes lecture is enough to make me shudder and turn away.

Al,so, applying it to something from the past as if you could change the past is just stupid. Why not celebrate how things have changed?
    There isn't that many lectures on Still Dead that she does with Kelly Jones (is that her sister ? )

Leave a comment:

• bespangeled
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheese Slices View Post
    I absolutely love Lani from Dusted and now Still Pretty and her analysis of Buffy, and Noelle seems like a really sweet person, but I dislike how the queer theory/3rd wave feminism angle takes over more pragmatic or ""neutral"" analysis sometimes. It's an interesting perspective, but sometimes Noelle will get completely lost in her "academic wank" (I don't mean that in a pejorative way); not just because I'm more of a 2nd wave gal to begin with, but I feel that seeing everything under this angle tends to clash with the characters' personalities as shown in the show and rob them of their complexity somehow.
    Their review of 4x15 and 4x16 got into a tangent and never really came back to the initial point, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to it.
    I am having trouble listening to them at all. Actual real trouble. I have about 6 episodes I haven't touched. I loved Lani on Dusted - hated her husband. I am so glad her personal life is great and she can make a living podcasting and whatever. But I want to hear an analysis of a Buffy episode.

Every episode she seems to feel a need to go off on a lecture about the actions of some usually male - character. "This isn't right. We as women have been trained to..blah de blah blah" (to quote Anya). I know this. If I didn't hearing it once would be sufficient. And Lani is passionate, a bit defensive, and sometimes rather long winded. Just the thought of that episodes lecture is enough to make me shudder and turn away.

Leave a comment:

• Cheese Slices
    replied
    I absolutely love Lani from Dusted and now Still Pretty and her analysis of Buffy, and Noelle seems like a really sweet person, but I dislike how the queer theory/3rd wave feminism angle takes over more pragmatic or ""neutral"" analysis sometimes. It's an interesting perspective, but sometimes Noelle will get completely lost in her "academic wank" (I don't mean that in a pejorative way); not just because I'm more of a 2nd wave gal to begin with, but I feel that seeing everything under this angle tends to clash with the characters' personalities as shown in the show and rob them of their complexity somehow.
    Their review of 4x15 and 4x16 got into a tangent and never really came back to the initial point, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Haven't got to that episode yet, but you're review bespangled has really made me look forward to it. I know The Killer In Me isn't a popular episode, but I've always enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• bespangeled
    replied
    Pop Culture Role Call did an amazing job on The Killer In Me. Colin said he had to pause the show because he kept having to keep himself from crying. His examination of Willow's path - her depression, fears, and feelings over the last seasons, and how it built into her turning into Warren was really wonderful (even though he doesn't know it was fueled by a spell). It looks like Stasia is getting over her Spike will be a romance and I hate it fear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X