Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Favourite Podcasts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kool name for the podcast, tho.

    Comment


    • Tried to listen to Still Pretty's Fear Itself and gave up after five minutes. I don't know who their listeners are, but they are constantly apologising to them and I wonder if people are no long allowed a thought that does not match the majority view. Has anyone else listened to it?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Tried to listen to Still Pretty's Fear Itself and gave up after five minutes. I don't know who their listeners are, but they are constantly apologising to them and I wonder if people are no long allowed a thought that does not match the majority view. Has anyone else listened to it?
        I listened to it. I thought it was fine. Since I'm not much of a podcast person, I usually put it as background noise until I hear something interesting. I liked the part where they were discussing the Scoobies' costumes and what their choices say about them.
        Made by Trickyboxes
        Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Tried to listen to Still Pretty's Fear Itself and gave up after five minutes. I don't know who their listeners are, but they are constantly apologising to them and I wonder if people are no long allowed a thought that does not match the majority view. Has anyone else listened to it?
          I listen to them occasionally, not all episodes. I like it, but I agree, they keep apologizing for anything they say that might be sensitive for some people. It's annoying sometimes.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
            I listened to it. I thought it was fine. Since I'm not much of a podcast person, I usually put it as background noise until I hear something interesting. I liked the part where they were discussing the Scoobies' costumes and what their choices say about them.
            I didn't get that far Sosa. Maybe I should go back and listen. I like Lani and they often have very interesting things to say. They have to make money from the podcasts so they have to be agreeable to the majority of their listeners, but that often just annoys me

            - - - Updated - - -

            Originally posted by redtent View Post
            I listen to them occasionally, not all episodes. I like it, but I agree, they keep apologizing for anything they say that might be sensitive for some people. It's annoying sometimes.
            I thought the reading of Anya/Xander they gave at the start, obviously apologising for something they'd said in a previous episode, was really interesting, but it does not wipe out any other reading of Anya and Xander's initial sexual encounter. Their apology seemed to suggest they now believe that this one reading was the only one of value, but their constant apologies mean they are so easily swayed, how can one believe they mean anything they say

            Comment


            • I think Lani has better chemistry with Kelly Jones and there eviscerattion of Inside out and Shiny happy people is a delight to listen to

              https://chipperish.com/2019/09/10/42...mine-s4-17-18/

              Comment


              • I listen to them occasionally, not all episodes. I like it, but I agree, they keep apologizing for anything they say that might be sensitive for some people. It's annoying sometimes.
                I'm vegan* and I'm deeply offended by your avatar**. Fish are for life - not just for Christmas.


                *I'm not
                **I'm definitely not.

                Just stop the world...I want to get off.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
                  I think Lani has better chemistry with Kelly Jones and there eviscerattion of Inside out and Shiny happy people is a delight to listen to

                  https://chipperish.com/2019/09/10/42...mine-s4-17-18/
                  Agree about Lani and Kelly having better chemistry. Their 'Because Jasmine' episode is on my to-listen-to list. I don't agree with everything they say, but I've enjoyed Still Dead far more than Still Pretty

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    I thought the reading of Anya/Xander they gave at the start, obviously apologising for something they'd said in a previous episode, was really interesting, but it does not wipe out any other reading of Anya and Xander's initial sexual encounter. Their apology seemed to suggest they now believe that this one reading was the only one of value, but their constant apologies mean they are so easily swayed, how can one believe they mean anything they say
                    Their discussion of the Xander/Anya basement scene was the highlight of the previous episode and inspired me to open a thread about it. The part they're talking about here though was a discussion between them where Noelle felt uncomfortable with Anya's forward approach to having sex with Xander, especially Xander's reluctance, and she felt undecided whether she saw it as sexual assault or not (in this episode, she decides that it was) while Lani didn't see it that way, though she admitted that if roles were flipped and it was Xander who stripped naked in front of Anya, it would have been a different story.
                    Made by Trickyboxes
                    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                      I'm vegan* and I'm deeply offended by your avatar**. Fish are for life - not just for Christmas.


                      *I'm not
                      **I'm definitely not.

                      Just stop the world...I want to get off.
                      I deeply apologize, twice.

                      Comment


                      • Chipperish have done Beer Bad

                        https://chipperish.com/2019/09/12/90-beer-bad-s4-05/

                        Comment


                        • Pop Culture Roll Call have done Lessons:

                          https://popculturerolecall.libsyn.com/

                          (What's interesting is that I think they all watched the first two episodes before recording the episode. So Stasia has already seen BY during her commentary for this episode, while Colin has also seen it he's only seen the Willow scenes - so Stasia has to keep quiet until next week.)
                          .
                          buffylover made this stunning banner

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
                            Pop Culture Roll Call have done Lessons:

                            https://popculturerolecall.libsyn.com/

                            (What's interesting is that I think they all watched the first two episodes before recording the episode. So Stasia has already seen BY during her commentary for this episode, while Colin has also seen it he's only seen the Willow scenes - so Stasia has to keep quiet until next week.)
                            How can Colin get 4 minutes of video, and still talk for an hour? I'm still fast forwarding through most of his chat.

                            I don't know why Stasia doesn't realise her gift to Dawn was a mobile phone, when Dawn rings her and comments on the phone. I did like how she was scared by the 'ghosts'.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              How can Colin get 4 minutes of video, and still talk for an hour? I'm still fast forwarding through most of his chat.
                              Reacting to and discussing the others' scenes is an essential part of the format, isn't it. So Collin is simply doing what he id supposed to do, I don't see how you can hold that against him. My guess is that he just appears to talk more than he "should" because you don't like him and he grates on you. (It reminds me a bit of those who complain about Spike being too prominent in S7, when in reality he didn't have that many lines!) Personally I find Collin's contributions funny and interesting as well as insightful. I would enjoy the podcast a lot less if he wasn't part of it.

                              ETA: of course it's also possible that he talks relatively more than the others but I don't notice because I like him. I'm not prepared to collect objective evidence for either theory though!

                              @SpuffyGlitz: I'm looking forward to next week's Beneath You and Spike's soul reveal. I did notice that Stasia said he'd been trying to tear his heart out, because obviously she couldn't reveal yet that he was actually talking about his soul.
                              Last edited by Double Dutchess; 14-09-19, 05:30 PM.
                              https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                                Reacting to and discussing the others' scenes is an essential part of the format, isn't it. So Collin is simply doing what he id supposed to do, I don't see how you can hold that against him. My guess is that he just appears to talk more than he "should" because you don't like him and he grates on you. (It reminds me a bit of those who complain about Spike being too prominent in S7, when in reality he didn't have that many lines!) Personally I find Collin's contributions funny and interesting as well as insightful. I would enjoy the podcast a lot less if he wasn't part of it.

                                ETA: of course it's also possible that he talks relatively more than the others but I don't notice because I like him. I'm not prepared to collect objective evidence for either theory though!

                                @SpuffyGlitz: I'm looking forward to next week's Beneath You and Spike's soul reveal. I did notice that Stasia said he'd been trying to tear his heart out, because obviously she couldn't reveal yet that he was actually talking about his soul.
                                Different strokes obviously, but Colin is not my cup of tea. What did he say that's made you laugh? He makes me cringe. He will talk for ten minutes about Willow scene, miss the most important part and Stasia and Mike have to prompt him. I'd enjoy the podcast more if he wasn't part of it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X