This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I knew Kristin had great taste Buffering is a great podcast, I love 'detective Angel' so much it makes me laugh out loud everytime. The music is amazing too. They are both so funny and talented.

Lani Diane Rich is such a good communicator. I don't agree with everything she says, but I love listening to her, she's intelligent and enthusiastic. She said recently that once she finishes Still Pretty she's going to start from the begining again, which makes me very happy. I used to listen to Dusted and felt Alistair had a tendency to talk over Lani and I can't wait to just hear her opinions without them being filtered through him.
    What don't you agree with? I love pretty much everything she has to say about Spike/Buffy, but we don't always agree on which other episodes are good or bad.

I don't know if you've listened to Big Strong Yes, but it turns out things were a lot worse than that. He is not a good person.

Comment

I am glad, Lani Diane Rich is going to start all over again at season 1, once she is finished with season 7. I was just thinking the other day, how sad it is, that her vlog will be ending soon. A definite YAY ! from me for that.

I am not really a podcast fan. I listened to the one with Jane Espenson just because of her and I also listen also to the Sunnydale fanfic Club, if they have an author, that I like. But most of the times they are just too long for me to listen to.

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I admit that I have bitten off more than I can chew when it comes to podcasts. I want to listen to all of them and there's not enough time in the day. I have a big backlog in my podcasts app and thanks to this thread I'm adding more!

Comment

I am currently subscribed to 26 podcasts. God I didn't realise it was that many till just now! Not all of them Buffy ones I should add

Lani watches Buffy from a story/character perspective and although she loves S7 I'm often interpreting things very differently. Thanks to TriBel I've come to a much greater understanding of the philosophical basis of much of the season, that the season is about seeing v's understanding, the use/misuse of language and meanings within episodes that I had just never thought about before.

I don't listen to A Big Strong Yes, but it doesn't surprise me that Alistair was a bit of a dick, I always thought that when I listened to Dusted. He'd talk over Lani, laugh at his own jokes and dominate the conversation, though he could sometimes be quite interesting so I kept listening.

Comment

She reveals a lot about him on that podcast, in bits and pieces. He turned out to be a that's-not-even-his-real-name level liar.

Comment

Love Lani, and thought this was very good

- - - Updated - - -

The Sunnydale Fanfic Club on twitter:

#BANGEL fans check out “If You Come Softly” by JilyandBambi
              https://archiveofourown.org/works/11909904
              SUBMIT QUESTIONS BY FEB. 16TH

#SPUFFY fans check out “A Different Kind of Hell” by OffYourBird
              http://archiveofourown.org/works/11689914
              SUBMIT QUESTIONS BY FEB. 20TH
              #SUPERFAN submit questions for both stories!

They also have a tubmlr site, where you can post your questions. I've really enjoyed their podcasts, and the reading group has read A Different Kind Of Hell, so anyone who's read that or If You Come Softly, then I hope you'll all put forward some quesitons.

Comment

I take back whatever I said earlier. Lani - whatever her name is - is my favourite.
                sigpic

Comment

If you like Lani Diane Rich, she's starting an AtS podcast, which I am sure will be really interesting and I'll be giving it a listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    If you like Lani Diane Rich, she's starting an AtS podcast, which I am sure will be really interesting and I'll be giving it a listen.
                    Is she going to upset people? I only like her when she's upsetting people. I fear I'm becoming a bad person. I love this little emoji - I want it for a pet. It's the Battersea Dogs Home of emojis. I love it more than most people I know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                      Is she going to upset people? I only like her when she's upsetting people. I fear I'm becoming a bad person. I love this little emoji - I want it for a pet. It's the Battersea Dogs Home of emojis. I love it more than most people I know.
                      I believe Paul O'Grady is going to do a tv show about lost and unwanted emojis, perhaps you'll see an emoji on there that you could adopt

Oh I am sure Lani will upset someone

Comment

I'd like to recommend 'Chosen' a new-ish Buffy podcast. One of the reviewers has never seen it before so it makes it really interesting to listen to a newbies opinion. She thought Dru and Angel were brother and sister at one point and is finding it all a bit confusing and off-putting

Comment

The Sunnydale FanFic Club have put up their new Podcast Episode featuring OffYourBird and her fic "A Different Kind Of Hell":

http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/...dest_id/612464

flow

Comment

I know this isn't a podcast, and some may have seen this already, but it basically serves the same function and I don't think this fits in the video thread. Imo a superb video essay that gets to the heart of why both BTVS and ATS work so well.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                              The Sunnydale FanFic Club have put up their new Podcast Episode featuring OffYourBird and her fic "A Different Kind Of Hell":

http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/...dest_id/612464

flow
                              OffYourBird (Katie) sounds really nice, and spoke so enthusiastically about fanfics. They asked both my questions, feel like I've had a brush with fame now

Congratulations to the February fanfic challenge winner! I don't want to spoil it but it's a great story
                              Spoiler:
                              Dawnstasia by WillowFromBuffy
                              and I think the writer is really talented.

I intend to read Control by Ambut, if anyone else is up for it? It's Willow/Giles and that relationship intrigues me.

Comment

I know this isn't a podcast, and some may have seen this already, but it basically serves the same function and I don't think this fits in the video thread. Imo a superb video essay that gets to the heart of why both BTVS and ATS work so well.
                                I have followed Passion of the Nerd`s episode reviews for quite a while now, but I hadn`t watched this. I don`t even know, how I could have missed it. It really is superb. Thank you for sharing <3.

flow

ETA: Still Pretty has her review for Storyteller up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBbxlFnbIOM

And Passion of the Nerd his review for The I In Team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euBDgqziM4I

I was never a huge fan of storyteller, but Lani Diane Rich made that Episode more intersting to me.

Passion of the Nerd said "I need brain bleach" referring to Riley "sexy" face.
                                Last edited by flow; 27-02-18, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X