Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Let's hear it for the little guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's hear it for the little guy!

And no, I don't necessarily mean Jonathan. Though it could be him, because the question is...Who's your favourite side character (ie not one of the Scoobies, and discounting Buffy's boyfriends, because people talk far too much about them...maybe I should make a list of who you're not allowed....yup, here's the list...who do you like APART from Buffy Willow Xander Giles Spike Angel Anya Cordy Riley and Dawn. Oh and Tara. Hmm...I think that's my list of no nos!) and why?

Are you partial to Andrew, lord of the geeks? Or maybe Faith, the dark slayer on the rocky road to redemption? Or even Kendra, the slayer who caught a bad break and never got to (one assumes) kiss a boy? Or perhaps you prefer the more recherche and obscure...Whistler, perhaps? Or Rack? Or....I'm having too many ors, YOU pick one

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

We're having Buffy chat. I never do that any more.

You haven't got Oz on your list of not-allowed, therefore my answer becomes a little easier.

Comment

It's definitely Faith for me! Apart from Spike, she is my favourite character. I'm a sucker for bad girls getting redeemed and Faith fits that character. I love that she has this rough exterior but underneath is pretty screwed up. Although I have to say that I prefer Faith's character on Ats, she seemed to fit much better there than on BTVS and Angel definitely understood her better than anyone on BTVS ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by Llywela View Post
        We're having Buffy chat. I never do that any more.

You haven't got Oz on your list of not-allowed, therefore my answer becomes a little easier.
        Damn, you know I just forgot him, right? Sneaky! Ok, so, since he slipped through the net like the sly wolf he is....why is he your fave?

It's definitely Faith for me! Apart from Spike, she is my favourite character. I'm a sucker for bad girls getting redeemed and Faith fits that character. I love that she has this rough exterior but underneath is pretty screwed up. Although I have to say that I prefer Faith's character on Ats, she seemed to fit much better there than on BTVS and Angel definitely understood her better than anyone on BTVS ever could.
        That's a good point...some characters are interesting on one show, but amazing on another. Wesley is the same for me...I found him amusing on Buffy, but on Angel, he was oddly even funnier, when they stopped playing him purely for laughs. The ep where he has to impersonate Angel is actually a lot funnier, I think, than him purely being an officious prat on Buffy.

Andrew's still my favourite minor character, because almost everything that comes out of his mouth is hilarious, and I remember it more than a lot of minor characters. For instance, I was watching Gilmore Girls the other day, season 6, and Lorlelai makes Luke drink Zima, and in my head I was going "Can I have a cool refreshing Zima?", with Buffy's response of "No Zima!" I didn't realise Zima was booze when I heard Andrew say it and naughty booze hound Andrew is even better

Other than Andrew, I'm fond of Harmony. Again, she brings the funny, and there's something about her that's inexorable...she's got the same quality as Anya (or Paris on GG)...you can hurt her feelings, but she'll always bounce back somehow, water off a duck's back.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Now that I think of it, I admit to being strangely fond of Harmony. I don't quite understand it (and a lot of it that I do understand has to do with her appearances on Angel), but she seems oddly cool. She tries her hardest, and no one ever gives her a break.
          DeadWar: Burden of Proof
          Out Now.
          Feedback is always welcome here.

Comment

LOL @ Wolfie starting Buffy discussions!
            (And me actually replying.. that's a while!)

My fav side character has to be... either Oz or Faith. I love them both!

They were both strong characters that had character development, even though they didn't have a big part in the show. We learned quite a lot of both of them. Faith and her struggle through her youth, her dissapointments and how she was looking for a place to belong. It was 'funny' how the affair with Gwendolyn Post got to her. That she trusted her and then she turned out to be evil, how that effected her to push her a bit more to the dark side, I thought that was remarkable.
            She was obviously looking for a mother or father figure. Something also shown by her relationship with The Mayor.

Oz was such a sweet, caring character. But also with a very dark side (the wolf...). It was good to see how they brought more levels to him with the wolf, with the relationship with Willow, the caring, the jealousy, how he forgave her. And everything.

Love them!

Comment

Jonathan just bcuz i felt his pain when Andrew Killed him i even cried bcuz i never thought that would be the end for him,Andrew at first he was weird to me but in season 7 after Buffy & the gang captured him & i start to like him & his geeky ways in helping the Buffy.
              You Are The Only One
              Who Ever Touched My Heart
              It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

im gonna go for:

ethan rayne - my favourite little bad, sly,self serving and cowardly servant of chaos. Its always interesting when ethans in town and it seems he could be moving a little more centre stage as we speak.
                Last edited by tangent; 01-06-07, 04:02 PM.
                JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

I really thought that Sunday was very entertaining, and should have been used in more than one episode. Katherine Towne was hilarious in that role.

Since she's allowed, I'll say Jenny, also. That's not all that sophisticated, I just think Robia LaMorte is probably the most beautiful woman in the cast at any point.
                  sigpic
                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Too many to list! Off the top of my head, I would say Faith and Wesley... and Andrew, Harmony, Jonathan, Jenny... like I said, too many.

Like KingofCretins, I also would have loved to see more of Sunday. She probably would have made a far more interesting Big Bad then Adam. And I also agree with what he has to say about Robia - she is stunning! All superficial reasons aside, I would have to say that her death really shocked me more than any other death on Buffy, mostly because as the series progressed, I had gotten used to the fact that no one was safe and could drop dead at any time. Jenny was the first shocker, for me at least. I really loved the whole gypsy connection.
                    Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

My mind goes to Andrew first, but then I think of some of the others listed here: I wouldn't say Faith, in my heart she's one of the main crew, but for sure people like Wes, Harmony, Anne springs to mind as a bit player who had a sympathetic nature.

Comment

I'd say we needed more Trio scenes. I loved those three, what with Warren's psychological problems (or just ruthlessness) combined with Andrew's geekiness and Jonathan's uncertainty about what he wants to do. Plus, Bond discussion > all.

Harmony was also great in s4-5 as the wannabe big bad.
                        Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
                        Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

Faith, I love her character so much and wish we had more of her. However, in saying that I can't help but wonder if I love her character so much because I don't have enough of her. I think she could be like Spike, great in small doses but after a while too much screen time kind of just ruins the character.
                          - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

Wow... So hard to choose! I had decided on Andrew, and then someone said Faith, and then Harmony... OZ! I liked them all. I love characters that go against the "main stream". Someone who is not just the vanilla good guy (not that there's anything wrong with that). They are usually mult-layered and complex, and the chance for any character's redemption is always an attractor for me.
                            -TP<3
                            "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                            - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I'm gonna have to make a list.

- Andrew
                              I just LOVE him, I found him so funny and he just made the scene light up when it was all dark/killing around the scoobies. I loved him. Also with his crush on Spike, it made it even more funnier.

- Oz
                              - Wesley
                              - Jonathan
                              - Harmony, she annoyed me a fair bit but in some scenes, she was great.
                              - Buffy/Spike - Rory/Jess - Blair/Chuck - Bones/Booth - Izzy/George - Veronica/Logan - Kate/Jack -

Comment

Working...
                              X