Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Buffy didn’t kill Spike in Season 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was explained that Buffy has issues with killing him in seasons 4 - early 5 because when he has the chip he's all weak and helpless and cant fight back.
    It didnt seem to matter how much he actually could screw with everyones heads. Also him saving the gang in Primeval seemed to be a reason why they decided not to kill him after his antics in season 4

Thats the only really solid one I have.
    Bonehead, carrot top, shirty & dope
    the nonsensical vocabulary of Buffy and Spike

Comment

I don't see how people can get too uppity anyway about Spike's plot armour around Buffy when School Hard saw Spike out fight Buffy and have her pinned and then run off because Joyce bopped him with an ax. Sure we don't know how things would have played out if she hadn't but that is the plot armour talking too. He had her, she was a lot younger and inexperienced and he got the better of her in that fight and it would have been more realistic for him to break Joyce's neck and continue fighting rather than run off. It happens all over the place for different characters, that's part of accepting the fictional story, that it flows where it wants to flow and oxbows off the parts it wishes to ignore. As long as the 'ignored' part doesn't irretrievably compromise the overall plot/characters etc it keeps hanging together. The story tells us they were well matched fighters at first, then made a truce and then, when he was chipped she didn't kill him because they wanted info and because he was 'harmless', later he helped, then became a true ally/lover/friend. Rightly or wrongly, that is why Buffy didn't kill Spike.

Comment

Working...
      X