Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Which BtVS character matches your personality the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which BtVS character matches your personality the most?

As a newbie on this site I realise this question has probably been asked a hundred times already As a teenager I was probably a conglomeration (That's definitely a Giles word) of Giles, Willow and Xander. A bit of a bookworm (I still love books) painfully shy with the opposite sex and a bit geeky, but tempered with occasionally being the class fool and using humour to hide behind. Which character, or possibly mix of characters describes you best, and why?

Urk, i don't know. I am a bit Buffyesque really, in being strong willed, a decision maker and fiercely protective of those I care about, whereas I am more Anya about those not on my radar and can often be more honestly spoken than most tend to be too. I can be a tiny bit elitist in a Cordy way and I have Spike's tendency to perhaps be overly assured in my own opinion and have his sense of humour, often with a good deal of snark as well. So predominantly Buffy/Spike with a splurge of Anya and a dash of Cordelia, now there's an interesting and heady mix!!!
    Last edited by Stoney; 29-07-12, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
      Urk, i don't know. I am a bit Buffyesque really, in being strong willed, a decision maker and fiercely protective of those I care about, whereas I am more Anya about those not on my radar and can often be more honestly spoken than most tend to be too. I can be a tiny bit elitist in a Cordy way and I have Spike's tendency to perhaps be overly assured in my own opinion and have his sense of humour, often with a good deal of snark as well. So predominantly Buffy/Spike with a splurge of Anya and a dash of Cordelia, now there's an interesting and heady mix!!!
      I sound quite tame in comparison Of course there have been a few changes as I've grown but the Giles persona probably remains the most, with maybe the slightest touch of D'Hoffryn

Comment

Not sure? Some of Buffy, parts of Spike, a dash of Willow, a cup of Xander, and a teaspoon of Angel? I see parts of my personality in each of those characters, I couldn't say which one I more closely match. I think that is part of the awesomeness of the Buffyverse, everyone of them is us and we are all of them.

Comment

I vacillate wildly between Giles and early ("School Hard") Spike.
          "Strong is fighting! It's hard, and it's painful, and it's every day. It's what we have to do."

(BtVS, ep 3x10, "Amends", 40:56)

Comment

Buffy.

she is the perfect blend of strength and also clumsiness which i have lol
            Bonehead, carrot top, shirty & dope
            the nonsensical vocabulary of Buffy and Spike

Comment

Originally posted by Tennyoelf View Post
              Not sure? Some of Buffy, parts of Spike, a dash of Willow, a cup of Xander, and a teaspoon of Angel? I see parts of my personality in each of those characters, I couldn't say which one I more closely match. I think that is part of the awesomeness of the Buffyverse, everyone of them is us and we are all of them.

I'd never thought of it quite like that, 'everyone of them is us and we are all of them' That is a good answer

Comment

The characters are made to be relatable, sure, but I don't think that means every one for each of us. I'm pretty darn sure I'm nothing like a lot of them, not even slightly, Giles, Willow, Tara, Harmony (thank the Gods) and many, many more.

Comment

The characters are made to be relatable, sure, but I don't think that means every one for each of us. I'm pretty darn sure I'm nothing like a lot of them, not even slightly, Giles, Willow, Tara, Harmony (thank the Gods) and many, many more.
                  That's true in the main I guess, but it is quite interesting how many people can find similarities in themselves that relate to more than one character. Heaven forbid that anyone could recognise traits from every single storyline character within themselves..... That would be way creepy, and a little disturbing from a psychiatric viewpoint

Comment

A mix between Xander and Willow - sadly, I mostly relate to their flaws. I wish I can be as brave and loyal as Xander and as booksmart as Willow.
                    Made by Trickyboxes
                    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
                      A mix between Xander and Willow - sadly, I mostly relate to their flaws. I wish I can be as brave and loyal as Xander and as booksmart as Willow.
                      I read a fanfic recently, can't remember which, that described Xander as a coward. Nuh-uh. Xander is not my favourite character (I think most on here know where my heart lies ) but I like that he was always unique in his reactions/actions and stayed interesting for me because of that (often more than the more outwardly elaborate characters did) but coward was never one of his flaws. I think he was often mislead in his intentions but brave definitely fits him better.

Comment

Buffy, very much, especially in later seasons. Minus the vacuous cheerleader past part and obsessing with homecoming. Or
                        Spoiler:
                        the obsession with suburban bliss
                        she seems to have in season 9. I don't get either of those. Could also be why I related to her most in the later seasons of the show when she was at her most mature. I relate to her strengths and her flaws. That's why I usually find it easy to see where she's coming from, even when the text isn't explicit about it.

I guess that being more of a nerd/bookish type in school and having been unpopular and bullied at an earlier age should make me more like Willow. But I'm otherwise really not like Willow. I'd say that my status and experience of unpopularity at school was probably a mix of Willow (bookish/nerd) and Slayer!Buffy (freak/'crazy'/intimidating) but much more on the latter side.

I like and relate to Spike's attitude, though. I 'get' him a lot, but don't know how much I'm like him.
                        Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 31-07-12, 04:47 AM.
                        You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

I read a fanfic recently, can't remember which, that described Xander as a coward. Nuh-uh. Xander is not my favourite character (I think most on here know where my heart lies ) but I like that he was always unique in his reactions/actions and stayed interesting for me because of that (often more than the more outwardly elaborate characters did) but coward was never one of his flaws. I think he was often mislead in his intentions but brave definitely fits him better.
                          Take it from me, those who passionately (or not passionately) despise Xander routinely deny any quality of his that puts him in even the slightest positive light, and more often then not, if they write fanfic about him, it's to portray him as negatively as possible. I've seen haters portray him as a racist, sexist, and misogynist one-man Ku Klux Klan; a deeply stupid idiot so incompetent and inept that even Andrew was more capable and regularly looked down on him in contempt; and an arrogant, boorish clod who didn't even bother to read Willow's mission-briefing e-mail before going on an assignment with Faith in a crossover with Burn Notice that was more about getting every character to remark how similar Xander and Bruce Campbell's character Sam Axe look to each other.

(During the second year of Season Eight, there was a lengthy essay on LJ by a twenty-something Bangel about how the OP realized after her first year of college that Xander was the Iago of the Buffyverse; that Xander was an evil, controlling, sexist, and racist POS by default because he was a straight white male and straight white males were the embodiment of institutionalized sexism always [even throwing Giles under the bus at one point] while Angel, Oz, and Spike were "other" because they were supernatural; and that the only reason Xander-as-Iago wasn't led off to his deserved execution like Iago was in Othello was because Joss extended his own priviledge as a straight white male to protect Xander. For a character who's often accused of seeing only what he wants to see, Xander's haters sure do seem guilty of the same charge...)

Comment

Originally posted by Skippcomet View Post
                            Take it from me, those who passionately (or not passionately) despise Xander routinely deny any quality of his that puts him in even the slightest positive light, and more often then not, if they write fanfic about him, it's to portray him as negatively as possible. I've seen haters portray him as a racist, sexist, and misogynist one-man Ku Klux Klan; a deeply stupid idiot so incompetent and inept that even Andrew was more capable and regularly looked down on him in contempt; and an arrogant, boorish clod who didn't even bother to read Willow's mission-briefing e-mail before going on an assignment with Faith in a crossover with Burn Notice that was more about getting every character to remark how similar Xander and Bruce Campbell's character Sam Axe look to each other.

(During the second year of Season Eight, there was a lengthy essay on LJ by a twenty-something Bangel about how the OP realized after her first year of college that Xander was the Iago of the Buffyverse; that Xander was an evil, controlling, sexist, and racist POS by default because he was a straight white male and straight white males were the embodiment of institutionalized sexism always [even throwing Giles under the bus at one point] while Angel, Oz, and Spike were "other" because they were supernatural; and that the only reason Xander-as-Iago wasn't led off to his deserved execution like Iago was in Othello was because Joss extended his own priviledge as a straight white male to protect Xander. For a character who's often accused of seeing only what he wants to see, Xander's haters sure do seem guilty of the same charge...)
                            In total agreement. Couldn't have put it better myself

Comment

I think Xander has issues in the same way that they all do. None of them are supposed to be perfect but some accusations on characters are just absurd and I think I have heard some such against each character at different points (particularly in fanfic portrayals).

Comment

Working...
                              X