Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which BtVS character matches your personality the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Wasn't he, at least when he was soulless?
    Oh yes, soulless I would agree but he isn't that anymore. That would be like including vapid socialite cheerleader in Buffy's personality description. Their past is a part of them and shows an element of personality/temperament intrinsic to them to some degree but still aren't significant and current in a way that I would include them in a couple of sentences summarising the character overall.

Buffy
    70%
    Cordelia
    63%
    Spike
    60%
    See I find this interesting because out of all the regular contributors to the boards I generally expect to be in agreement with your posts/interpretations. I'd love to see if someone I tend to disagree with came out with results which matched my lower scoring characters. It isn't exactly Myers Briggs but it is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
      Oh yes, soulless I would agree but he isn't that anymore. That would be like including vapid socialite cheerleader in Buffy's personality description. Their past is a part of them and shows an element of personality/temperament intrinsic to them to some degree but still aren't significant and current in a way that I would include them in a couple of sentences summarising the character overall.
      Not really, since Buffy was a vapid cheerleader before the show even started, while Spike was soulless for 70% of his storyline on both shows. Willow wasn't a shy insecure nerd for more than 40% of the show, but it's still a big part of her character. Damaged badass guy who shoots people on the spot isn't the only characterization that would be acceptable for Wesley, and few people would think that Connor should only be mentioned as the well-adjusted perfect boy of season 5. If Drusilla were to become sane permanently in her mini, that wouldn't mean that it's wrong to put "insane" in her character description.
      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
        Not really, since Buffy was a vapid cheerleader before the show even started, while Spike was soulless for 70% of his storyline on both shows. Willow wasn't a shy insecure nerd for more than 40% of the show, but it's still a big part of her character. Damaged badass guy who shoots people on the spot isn't the only characterization that would be acceptable for Wesley, and few people would think that Connor should only be mentioned as the well-adjusted perfect boy of season 5. If Drusilla were to become sane permanently in her mini, that wouldn't mean that it's wrong to put "insane" in her character description.
        Exactly, Buffy's is in her past and not a defining character point still, but Willow's is. And yes, for Drusilla, to put like that it would be wrong. You would need to put a qualification in it 'previously insane' or 'only recently sane' or 'insane since sired and for x years thereafter'. It is relevant history but history nonetheless and if you think it is still relevant enough that it would be a key characteristic to recall it needs its placing in the character's chronology with a qualification. I am not denying that it plays a part in his character's past but it isn't a good description of who he is now to include it like this. Really, if you were going to describe Spike in only a couple of sentences would you have included it like that, as a current statement, and would you have just put "Passionate. Fun Loving. Destructive. Hurtful. Addictive." as his key words? This doesn't describe him, to meld any aspects and speak about them all in current tense, just confuses the character and mixes it all up. They might as well have put Victorian in his key words too as that was the entire social base that his personality was grounded in.

Comment

I came up as Doyle but the match was really low, at about 58%. The next was Giles, so I think I can safely say my personality doesn't really match any of characters that closely. Identification can sometimes be more complicated than that I suppose.

Comment

You Scored as Spike

Spike. Passionate. Fun Loving. Destructive. Hurtful. Addictive. Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse... and then keep living. Some people go though thier whole lifes without that fire. Never knowning what lights them up. Not you though. You feel your heart race, blood boil, skin like it's on fire, and you feel alive. Often this leads to trouble for you and those around you, but it happens. You are willing to pay the consequences for your actions. But, sometimes you can't fix what you have broken.

Spike
            83%
            Xander
            80%
            Cordelia
            70%
            Buffy
            68%
            Willow
            68%
            Angel
            63%
            Wesley
            63%
            Oz
            60%
            Doyle
            60%
            Anya
            60%
            Giles
            55%
            Harmony
            50%
            Faith
            48%
            Lorne
            38%

That was a bit of a surprise

Comment

Kana I don't really know what Doyle is like, are there any real similarities to Giles which might be why they were your top ones?

Crikey Giles you're high on loads of them. You have an eclectic personality!!

Comment

Kana I don't really know what Doyle is like, are there any real similarities to Giles which might be why they were your top ones?

Crikey Giles you're high on loads of them. You have an eclectic personality!!

If you read eclectic as 'lunatic' you may have a point I was quite surprised myself at how many of the questions applied to me to one extent or the other, but I'm still surprised that Spike came out on top.... Must be the darker side of my personality shining through

Comment

Erm, I wouldn't have said so. Giles is too Utilitarian for me and I'm more like Buffy with the whole 'saving friends and family over the world' thing. I'm not really like any of them. I was shocked that I scored higher for Spike than I did for Angel.

Comment

Exactly, Buffy's is in her past and not a defining character point still, but Willow's is. And yes, for Drusilla, to put like that it would be wrong. You would need to put a qualification in it 'previously insane' or 'only recently sane' or 'insane since sired and for x years thereafter'. It is relevant history but history nonetheless and if you think it is still relevant enough that it would be a key characteristic to recall it needs its placing in the character's chronology with a qualification. I am not denying that it plays a part in his character's past but it isn't a good description of who he is now to include it like this. Really, if you were going to describe Spike in only a couple of sentences would you have included it like that, as a current statement, and would you have just put "Passionate. Fun Loving. Destructive. Hurtful. Addictive." as his key words? This doesn't describe him, to meld any aspects and speak about them all in current tense, just confuses the character and mixes it all up. They might as well have put Victorian in his key words too as that was the entire social base that his personality was grounded in.
                    This is a personality quiz though, rather than a character history. It makes sense that they would describe the character traits that were most prominent for the majority of time the character was on the show!

Although it's not always simple with characters who changed a lot halfway through their lifetime on the shows - the description of Cordelia matches AtS Cordelia (and season 2-3 Cordelia in particular) more than BtVS Cordelia.

Originally posted by kana View Post
                    Erm, I wouldn't have said so. Giles is too Utilitarian for me and I'm more like Buffy with the whole 'saving friends and family over the world' thing. I'm not really like any of them. I was shocked that I scored higher for Spike than I did for Angel.
                    I wasn't surprised at all that I scored high on Buffy (which has so far happened in every Buffy personality quiz I've done) and that Spike was close, but I was shocked that I scored so high on Cordelia, and that Anya is also relatively high since I have very little in common with her. I have to say though that I did it several times because I wasn't sure which score to give some of the questions - and the results can vary, I even got Cordelia as the result once.
                    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Knew it lol

You Scored as Buffy
                      You are Buffy. Strong, Determined, Judgemental, Street-Smart, Not Book-Smart. Born to a normal life, destined for more. You took the responsability, and have done it better than anyone. You have a code what is right & wrong, and are not afraid to judge people by that code. Because that is your destiny, and you've sacrificed so much for it.

Buffy
                      80%
                      Spike
                      60%
                      Doyle
                      60%
                      Angel
                      60%
                      Giles
                      58%
                      Oz
                      58%
                      Anya
                      55%
                      Lorne
                      55%
                      Faith
                      53%
                      Xander
                      53%
                      Willow
                      53%
                      Harmony
                      53%
                      Cordelia
                      45%
                      Wesley
                      43%
                      Bonehead, carrot top, shirty & dope
                      the nonsensical vocabulary of Buffy and Spike

Comment

You Scored as Buffy

You are Buffy. Strong, Determined, Judgemental, Street-Smart, Not Book-Smart. Born to a normal life, destined for more. You took the responsability, and have done it better than anyone. You have a code what is right & wrong, and are not afraid to judge people by that code. Because that is your destiny, and you've sacrificed so much for it.

Buffy 73%
                        Faith 70%
                        Cordelia 63%
                        Willow 60%
                        Harmony 53%
                        Oz 50%
                        Xander 50%
                        Lorne 48%
                        Doyle 45%
                        Spike 45%
                        Angel 45%
                        Wesley 40%
                        Giles 33%
                        Anya 33%

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Pend...you-most-like/

For those the quiz didn't work in -- it didn't work in my FireFox or Safari --, try it in Opera. I have Ghostery, TACO, etc., so such things may not allow the quiz to work.

I found my results interesting. When taking the quiz before -- years ago -- I usually get Giles. I currently think I'm more like Wesley, but those two are those I'm about least like, at least according to this quiz.

I found it even more interesting that it says I'm about equally like Buffy and Faith.

Also, why isn't Gunn and Fred options to be? Lorne and Doyle are options.

Comment

I scored as Giles.

Giles. Wise. Comforting. Simple. Nervous. Slow Thinker. You take comfort in the title "Old Fashioned Gentleman". Simple luxuries make you happy. You like the life of a teacher and guide and enjoy watching people take the knowedge you give them and make good with it. Although never a father yourself, you show all the qualities of a father to those you care for. And for that reason, you will never be alone.

As for my other percentages:

Giles
                          75%
                          Harmony
                          70%
                          Spike
                          68%
                          Faith
                          65%
                          Cordelia
                          65%
                          Willow
                          60%
                          Buffy
                          60%
                          Oz
                          60%
                          Wesley
                          55%
                          Doyle
                          53%
                          Angel
                          50%
                          Xander
                          45%
                          Anya
                          43%
                          Lorne

Comment

Originally posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
                            Giles
                            75%
                            Harmony
                            70%
                            Spike
                            68%
                            Faith
                            65%
                            Cordelia
                            65%
                            How is it vaguely possible to match closely to Giles, Spike, Faith, Cordelia and... Harmony!!! That is like saying "hey my personality test has shown that I am very thoughtful and clever and also predominantly vacuous and stupid". These quizzes make me laugh.

Comment

You Scored as Oz
                              Oz. Calm. Artistic. Smart. Decisive. Repressive. You have little need to be the center of attention. When you have nothing to say, you are quiet. Whe you say something people listen. Some judge you as cold and unfeeling. This is untrue and anyone who saw you play your bass guitar would see that side of you. You do have a tendance to repress, and that is when your emotions get the better of you. And you really don't like that.

Oz
                              78%
                              Xander
                              75%
                              Faith
                              73%
                              Lorne
                              73%
                              Giles
                              65%
                              Angel
                              65%