Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

The Real Reason Giles No-Showed the Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Reason Giles No-Showed the Wedding

I would have begged off too with that seating chart. They could have at least put him by Buffy or at Will and Tara's table.

Also test post.
    Attached Files

Is he on the same table as Xander's dad? If so, I'm not surprised he fled to a different continent. This is also a test post...a test of whether or not my eyesight's good enough to read the writing.
    sigpic

Comment

Isn't Buffy next to Xander's dad? Or does it say "Buddy"?

................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Buffy is next to his mom. Giles is between Uncle Rory and Xander's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by HardlyThere View Post
          Buffy is next to his mom. Giles is between Uncle Rory and Xander's dad.
          How odd! I didn't realise the extent to which Xanya disliked Giles.
          sigpic

Comment

They do. Xander wants Buffy moved because he doesn't hate. No mention of poor Giles. All those snide comments clearly took their toll on the boy.

Comment

What was the test about?

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                What was the test about?
                About posting I assume.

Xander's resentment that Giles isn't there to help might be showing through. Or perhaps he is just hoping that Giles would be a positive influence on them and/or is a better choice as he isn't at risk from the sexist and suggestive comments.

Comment

I wonder how near to the wedding Giles sent his RSVP back? Shouldn't he have been next to his plus 1, which I assume would have been Olivia.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    I wonder how near to the wedding Giles sent his RSVP back? Shouldn't he have been next to his plus 1, which I assume would have been Olivia.
                    Bugger Olivia! It's far more fun to fanwank they intended to fix him up with Xander's cousin!
                    sigpic

Comment

My understanding is that he sent flowers. I assume now that he was away from Sunnydale and demons he and Olivia were too busy to come. Now if it were Buffy getting married to Spike he would have been there - with a loaded crossbow.
                      Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

I've read so much fanfic I don't know if Giles really did send flowers or if that's just something I've read a lot in fanfic

Comment

Flowers is a cut line from the shooting script, I think. Joss's explanation, said in jest, is Giles never liked Xander anyway. But I think we all know it was because Tony couldn't make it. It's just funny they'd stick Giles there of all places, especially with Xander plainly saying it's nowhere he'd want someone he cared about to be.

Comment

Okay - Giles is, at least, on the top table - with Xander's parents. So...could it be wishful thinking on Xander's part that Giles was his dad? That it's actually the inverse of "no-one he cared about". Isn't there a father/son allusion in Restless? It ties in quite nicely to Spike's "you're glowing" - which can be read as a reference to his mum.
                            sigpic

Comment

• GoSpuffy
                              GoSpuffy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This plus he's putting Giles at the "adult" table. It plays into the long running joke that Giles best friends are kids.
                          Working...
                          X