No announcement yet.

Noxon & Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you imagine a Xander who says this, leaving Anya at the altar? I think what we got actually works with the character and the story. Xander's view of Anya was about how she made him feel, because he centred himself in their relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Can you imagine a Xander who says this, leaving Anya at the altar? I think what we got actually works with the character and the story. Xander's view of Anya was about how she made him feel, because he centred himself in their relationship.
      Yes, I can imagine it. Hell's Bells made it obvious how much he's affected by his family experiences and afraid that he would end up as his father and ruin their relationship and even hurt her.
      Which he then did by leaving her, as a self-fulfilling prophecy.
      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

I do like the Noxon version more because it is about Anya and he mentions things Anya does like working the cash register.

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Xander leaves Anya because he's afraid of hurting her, not because he doesn't love her. He left her because of his insecurities about himself, because he was hating himself.
        Made by Trickyboxes
        Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I think what we got from Xander was more juvenile, which fitted with his character at the time. Noxon's words are beautiful, but it's not S5 Xander. I thought what we got was much more believable, especially with what comes later, and is exactly why he doesn't mention Anya, or only in relation to himself.

Xander leaves Anya because he's afraid of hurting her, not because he doesn't love her. He left her because of his insecurities about himself, because he was hating himself.
          Partly yes, but I also think that's a very simple explanation. Xander's had doubts from the start of the season, which is why he won't announce the engagement. I think this demon just gave him an easy out, and why he was so easy to persuade. Xander's motivations for his whole relationship with Anya seem pretty complicated. I think he loved her in a way.

Comment

Last edited by BtVS fan; 16-01-20, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I also like the noxon version better

Comment

I've messaged Rosely so hopefully tech help will come soon. Until then, sit ti

I've messaged Rosely so hopefully tech help will come soon. Until then, sit tight I'm afraid.

Comment

Last edited by HardlyThere; 17-01-20, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X