No announcement yet.

Most Romantic Gesture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a free comic book day comic called In Space No One Can Hear You Slay. It's an alien ripoff thing. Apparently Xenomorphs are just Spike's bugs are zompires.
    Thanks, I forgot about this. It's in the Library Edition flow, if you have that? It has the alien monster in, and yes Spike does show Buffy a star and we see her thoughts 'Spike was right. It is spectacular'. It's very sweet

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
      Sorry - I don't see how the flaming hands are a romantic gesture because neither knew it was going to happen. Surely a "gesture" has intent behind it?
      The reference was really back to me suggesting taking his hand was a romantic gesture. The flaming hands is romantic symbolically but the gesture was in staying briefly and taking his hand.

Comment

Priceless:
        Thanks, I forgot about this. It's in the Library Edition flow, if you have that? It has the alien monster in, and yes Spike does show Buffy a star and we see her thoughts 'Spike was right. It is spectacular'. It's very sweet
        I've found it! It's in my TPB. But I have to say I can't count it as romantic. it's not a shared moment. It's not Spike pointing out something beautiful to Buffy. She is all alone and thinks "Ah, yes. Spectacular view, just like Spike said." Whatever he said happened off-panel and it is possible he just said offhandedly "On a spaceship, there are bugs, a solarium, and a spectacular view." That's not romantic.

Returning the coat might possibly be romantic but for all, we know it could have been dropped off at the basement by Dawn, Xander or Willow. He could even have gotten it back himself since he walks in and out of Revello Drive frequently. But if Buffy would have come to Spike in season 7 with his coat and would have told him "I kept your coat for you, made sure it was well looked after and I want to return it to you now" that would be a very romantic gesture. The problem is, we don't know if it happened that way.

I agree with Tribel that the flames are not romantic because they happened to them. It was an outside thing. But I have to make up my mind if her taking his hand in the first place counts as romantic. Hmmm. I am not sure. I am gonna think about it.

flow
        Last edited by flow; 30-12-19, 09:02 PM.
        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Considering it was in the basement, I assume Buffy took him his stuff pre-Xander's closet and I'd imagine she just chucked it at him. Alternatively, she took to back to his crypt during the summer and he got it from there along with whatever else was in that box.

I'd say the most romantic B/S bit is face-touching scene in Chosen.

Comment

Oh the face touching scene in Chosen is lovely(and JM looks so good).

I agree flow, Buffy seeing the star isn't romantic, but Spike wanting to show her the star is. I wish they'd seen it together, now that would have been very romantic.

Comment

I know now why I don't find the scene where they hold hands in Chosen romantic. I don't really like how they executed the final scene in Chosen in general. We had a thread about this a while ago. The whole scene seems to be constructed and artificial and everything looks kinda beige.

I agree about the face-touching scene though. You are talking about the moment just after Spike stops Buffy from walking up the stairs and she says "let's never find out" or something like that, don't you? This gesture is actually very caring and affecionate.

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Working...
              X