Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rewrite of the episode Chosen (it`s a parody)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rewrite of the episode Chosen (it`s a parody)

Hi,

I came across this on fb and thought it was funny. A complete rewrite of the script for season 7`s episode Chosen. It explains some of stuff, that wasn`t explained on the show, mocks J.W. a couple of times, is quite funny and was done only for entertainement. Fair warning - this script has Spuffy in it:

http://www.monash.com/chosen.html?fb...1_s0_EG9xHqS4c

Enjoy!

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Wow, flow. Thank you! This has resurfaced - IIRC it was on an old redemptionist website many years ago. It's good to see it again. Also, I think I'm thinking of the same person - the individual behind this wrote a brilliant essay on Dead Things. And a Buffy parody in the style of Midsummer Night's Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

And lo and behold, all Linda Barlow's Buffy stuff is still there. I've missed seeing this and plan to fit in some quality catch-up time at some point this year!

Thanks again, flow!
    You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

Comment

I wish she left "Always doing the stupid thing" when Xander said, "That's my girl." I love that line. It was a dig at Andrew, but Xander's actions with his hand on Andrew's shoulder show that he is joking. It's how Xander deals. Joking to hide the pain.
      Made by Trickyboxes
      Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I can see your point and you are generally speaking definitely right about Xander hiding behind his jokes.

But I feel that „always doing the stupid thing „ lessens Anya‘s sacrifice. Especially considering that it is the last time he ever speaks about her, „that’s my girl“ was a line that showed his love and respect for her and they could therefore have let him stop there.

flow
        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Do blades purify? God was pretty hot on Fire ( pun not intended) and water. They work for me. Blades castrate - they don't really cleanse (in fact, I'd say the opposite). Fiery sword might work.

This helped me draw a parallel between Anya/D'Hoffryn and Willow/Giles, maybe Buffy/Giles - much appreciated.

ANYA Wait! Come back here, you penis! I wanna know why you've been sending demons after me. Were you really trying to kill me, or was that just a lame demonus ex machina to get me back under Buffy's roof again? Huh? D'Hoffryn? Dammit!

I'm with Sosa Lola - I like Xander's original remark. Not only is hiding behind jokes characteristic of Xander, it's also self-depreciating. You could argue that one of the stupid things she did was "be Xander's girl" (I don't think it was stupid). I kinda like it. There's nothing wrong with S7 Xander!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
            I can see your point and you are generally speaking definitely right about Xander hiding behind his jokes.

But I feel that „always doing the stupid thing „ lessens Anya‘s sacrifice. Especially considering that it is the last time he ever speaks about her, „that’s my girl“ was a line that showed his love and respect for her and they could therefore have let him stop there.

flow
            I don't see how it lessens her sacrifice. It was said in such a heartfelt way, saving Andrew was such a “stupid” thing to do. He clearly didn't mean it, and the shoulder squeeze was meant to reassure Andrew that Xander didn't hold a grudge against him.

Between the lines Xander was praising Anya’s bravery. She was foolishly brave, just like Xander.

That scene is filled with unspoken emotions and intents, it’s the perfect example of “Show, Don't Tell.” What with Andrew lying about Anya saving his life, using his storytelling skills to make Xander feel better and not for his own amusement.
            Made by Trickyboxes
            Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
            X