BtVS Rewatch!! - organisation/review sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I suggest each one of us should start writing their review now and save it until its time for posting. This way, we can all post our episode review on the same date given by poor Stoney who has to edit the dates every so often.
    It would be great if people complete their reviews in advance or have them prepared for any final tweaks/editing when due so that we keep to the dates. I think we've had the most participation when there is a regular pace.

Once all the reviews have been taken I'll produce the thread so that it is ready and waiting for us and we can all see the weekend our reviews fall due.

Comment

• I'll take Empty Places
      Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by bespangled View Post
        I'll take Empty Places
        Fab!

Hey, we've only got three left guys!!

Updated list with original post popped on for reference...
        On balance I still think the fortnightly schedule gives good time for writing/reading/discussing the reviews. It's probably worth underlining though that S6 was not the norm and if you're taking a review please do consider preparing in advance so that it can be posted within the weekend it is due. Hopefully we'll return to keeping a regular rhythm and pace again for the end of S6 and through into next season. S7 should start at the beginning of March.

As usual we'll start off by choosing one episode each. Please reply to the previous post and put your name beside the review you would like to take or pop a post up saying which you would like and I'll update the list as we go along. We'll work on a *first come, first served* basis again and see how many get taken. If things start to slow down then we'll open for a second choice and so on until we've got all eps covered. Please shout out if you spot any mistakes.

*Pop your name by one unclaimed ep* with allocation on a first come, first served basis.

7.01 Lessons - TriBel
        7.02 Beneath You - SpuffyGlitz
        7.03 Same Time, Same Place - Klaus Kartoffel
        7.04 Help -
        7.05 Selfless - Willow from Buffy
        7.06 Him - Andrew S.
        7.07 Conversations with Dead People - DanSlayer
        7.08 Sleeper - Tiny Tabby
        7.09 Never Leave Me - Sosa
        7.10 Bring on the Night - ghoststar
        7.11 Showtime -
        7.12 Potential - KofC
        7.13 The Killer in Me - Stoney
        7.14 First Date - debbicles
        7.15 Get it Done - vampmogs
        7.16 Storyteller - PuckRobin
        7.17 Lies My Parents Told Me - MikeB
        7.18 Dirty Girls - Rihannon
        7.19 Empty Places - bespangled
        7.20 Touched - StateOfSiege
        7.21 End of Days -
        7.22 Chosen - American Aurora

Comment

• As far as I can tell mine will be due in 2020 - am I close? Also - I love Empty Places, and it pisses me off beyond belief. This could get ugly.
          Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• Well it sounds as if it will be interesting.

At a quick glance it would be mid November. As soon as the eps are all taken I'll set up the thread and put up the dates. It'll give an opportunity for anyone who can spot any problems to shout out. I think the final episode will fall due just after Christmas so will probably be placed for the start of the new year instead. But otherwise, I think it'll all fit into this year if we keep to the fortnightly plan.

- - - Updated - - -

With only three episodes left there's the possibility we might actually fill the sign up with one each!! So let's leave it open a couple more days and see if we get any more new reviewers. If no more trickle in I'll put up these three on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by bespangled View Post
              As far as I can tell mine will be due in 2020 - am I close? Also - I love Empty Places, and it pisses me off beyond belief. This could get ugly.
              Empty Places does seem to get slated an awful lot. I think it has a lot of merit to it, even if it isn't one of the better episodes. When you say it could get ugly, is that because of your strong emotions about it??? And whoever takes End of Days, I envy them. I really like that one and there's plenty in it to annoy me, too!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
              It would be great if people complete their reviews in advance or have them prepared for any final tweaks/editing when due so that we keep to the dates. I think we've had the most participation when there is a regular pace.

Once all the reviews have been taken I'll produce the thread so that it is ready and waiting for us and we can all see the weekend our reviews fall due.
              The only way I ever manage to post anything of reasonable length is by writing it in Word first. I know, hard to believe I actually put that much thought into it!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
              I suggest each one of us should start writing their review now and save it until its time for posting. This way, we can all post our episode review on the same date given by poor Stoney who has to edit the dates every so often.
              What Sosa said.
              You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

Comment

• Sigh ... sign me up for Help.

flow
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Ok what is left? I vote for End of Days, if that is gone, then Showtime (which would mean i dont so much *pick* as *pick-up* my assignment, SIR!) Private Blue reports for duty... Finally!!

Comment

• Yay, only one left!

flow
                    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Wow! It's unprecedented. I can't believe we've got so many individual reviewers.

To be honest I kind of feel like Showtime should be left available rather than offered out as a second. We can have it as reviewer TBC and if noone new joins the group as we approach it coming due then I'll either cover it or ask if anyone else is free to. What do you all think?

Updated list with original post popped on for reference...
                      On balance I still think the fortnightly schedule gives good time for writing/reading/discussing the reviews. It's probably worth underlining though that S6 was not the norm and if you're taking a review please do consider preparing in advance so that it can be posted within the weekend it is due. Hopefully we'll return to keeping a regular rhythm and pace again for the end of S6 and through into next season. S7 should start at the beginning of March.

As usual we'll start off by choosing one episode each. Please reply to the previous post and put your name beside the review you would like to take or pop a post up saying which you would like and I'll update the list as we go along. We'll work on a *first come, first served* basis again and see how many get taken. If things start to slow down then we'll open for a second choice and so on until we've got all eps covered. Please shout out if you spot any mistakes.

*Pop your name by one unclaimed ep* with allocation on a first come, first served basis.

7.01 Lessons - TriBel
                      7.04 Help - flow
                      7.06 Him - Andrew S.
                      7.11 Showtime -
                      7.12 Potential - KofC
                      7.21 End of Days - DeepBlueJoy

Comment

• Stoney:

To be honest I kind of feel like Showtime should be left available rather than offered out as a second. We can have it as reviewer TBC and if noone new joins the group as we approach it coming due then I'll either cover it or ask if anyone else is free to. What do you all think?
                        I think that's a great idea. I know some posters were eager to do an episode but they haven't been on the Forum for a while because of the holidays. So leaving that slot open gives one of them a chance to snap it up when they return.

So fantastic to have so many different reviewers - the more, the better. I love to read all the different perspectives on the show - it really enlarges my understanding.

I also love, Stoney, how you encourage everyone to review in their own way which creates tremendous variety that never gets boring - whether short or long, chronological review or one big theme, bullet points or character breakdowns, academic analyses or personal confessions - it's all good!
                        Last edited by American Aurora; 09-01-19, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
                          Sigh ... sign me up for Help.

flow
                          Flow you're a hero!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DeepBlueJoy View Post
                          Ok what is left? I vote for End of Days, if that is gone, then Showtime (which would mean i dont so much *pick* as *pick-up* my assignment, SIR!) Private Blue reports for duty... Finally!!

Hey, lucky you, great episode.
                          You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                            Wow! It's unprecedented. I can't believe we've got so many individual reviewers.

I agree, there could be someone that missed the thread and still will want to to participate later.

Comment

• Empty Places does seem to get slated an awful lot. I think it has a lot of merit to it, even if it isn't one of the better episodes. When you say it could get ugly, is that because of your strong emotions about it???
                              The older I get the more I feel Buffy was put in a no win position with minimal support. Strong emotions - but I sincerely love the episode. The challenge will be in doing a review and not a rant. I'm looking forward to viewing it critically.

Comment

• Okay I'm calling it.

What a fantastic response! As you'll see Showtime has been left as reviewer TBC and if anyone new comes to the thread and would like to take it then they can reply here, PM me, or pop a post on the S7 thread when it has been set up (assuming we haven't gotten to and past the ep already of course!). Once I've set up the S7 thread and put all the guide dates in for when the reviews will be due, which I'll do soon, I'll pop a link to it on here.

Big thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in joining in. Any questions please feel free to message me. I'm looking forward to reading what you all write! In the meantime, don't forget that S6 is our current rewatch discussion thread where we're building up to our final eps (link added below).

7.01 Lessons - TriBel
                                7.04 Help - flow
                                7.06 Him - Andrew S.
                                7.11 Showtime - Reviewer TBC
                                7.12 Potential - KofC
                                7.21 End of Days - DeepBlueJoy

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link to the current page in the S6 rewatch thread. If you want to drop back to any specific reviews then they are all linked under the spoiler on the first page of the thread. There has been a lot of overlapping in the last handful of eps so the thread itself is a little more jumbled up than it will tend to be and that we hope S7 will be! But please do come along and join in the conversations.
                                Last edited by Stoney; 12-01-19, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X