Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 8 Comic Con Info

Hey

We've got some new info for season eight so I'll post it here and update it if I miss anything.

* Joss is 100% writing the final arc for the season.
    * The final issue of Jane's arc will leave fans "shocked and angry" - TWILIGHT REVEAL
    * Joss Whedon will write Issue #31 (the fallout from Retreat) and Brad Meltzer will write Issue #32
    * Joss Whedon will be writing the Willow one-shot due out in December
    * Season 9's story has already been laid out and planned.

Unless they're over-exaggerating the Twilight reveal has to be a major character (Giles, Xander, Angel, Spike) and I'm very happy Joss will be writing the issue that deals with the fallout. I'm also very happy Joss is writing the Willow one-shot in December.

Vamps
    Last edited by vampmogs; 26-07-09, 03:28 AM.
    "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Angel, Spike
    But Angel and Spike aren't characters in season 8. I really don't think there's any danger it will be them considering they have their own spin off published by another company.

I know people disagree, but I find the idea of them being a serious contender as frankly rather silly.

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
      But Angel and Spike aren't characters in season 8. I really don't think there's any danger it will be them considering they have their own spin off published by another company.

I know people disagree, but I find the idea of them being a serious contender as frankly rather silly.

Y'know Sue, I actually agree with you there I'm actually pretty sure that Twilight will be dead by the end of the season, so I'm thinking that if it is one of the major characters then its not actually them but some other version of them, like au or future.
      “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Y'know Sue, I actually agree with you there I'm actually pretty sure that Twilight will be dead by the end of the season, so I'm thinking that if it is one of the major characters then its not actually them but some other version of them, like au or future.
        Future Xander?

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
          Future Xander?

If its Xander then maybe. I know it sounds corny but it just seems to be the way things are going. Either that or Twilight, whoever it is, won't actually be killed in the end and will in fact find redemption but I haven't seen any attempt thus far to portray Twilight as a sympathetic figure so I doubt it.
          “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Or Twilight will be vindicated as having a very good reason to do what he's been doing.
            Honestly, I think what's going to happen at the end of Jane's arc is that Oz has been revealed to be a Twilight ally, and Joss's issue is the one to reveal who is behind the mask.

Comment

Future Xander is actually a pretty good idea IMO. I wouldn’t have issues with that at all. This whole season 8 has been about bridging the gap between Buffy and Fray and it worked nicely to show Future Willow in Time of Your Life. It’s very Terminator-esque to have people sent back from the future to influence/prevent that future from happening.

Since we now have precedent for this sort of thing, I would actually rather like it. It’s also a nice way of saying this is what you’re on the road to becoming but you can change that if you want to. It parallels with Buffy’s own arc rather well.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                Future Xander is actually a pretty good idea IMO. I wouldn’t have issues with that at all. This whole season 8 has been about bridging the gap between Buffy and Fray and it worked nicely to show Future Willow in Time of Your Life. It’s very Terminator-esque to have people sent back from the future to influence/prevent that future from happening.

Since we now have precedent for this sort of thing, I would actually rather like it. It’s also a nice way of saying this is what you’re on the road to becoming but you can change that if you want to. It parallels with Buffy’s own arc rather well.

Of course there is something that doesn't track with the idea. If Twilight is future Xander then he didn't go to any effort to insure present Xander wasn't killed when the castle was attacked. Xander may not have been in the castle at the time, but he could very easily have been killed by the demons that invaded. And If I know my temporal mechanics, if present Xander dies then future Xander ceases to be.

Comment

True.

Unless we enter all the time-line, warpy stuff that stops me from watching Dr Who I can't wrap my head around it.

"What happens in your time makes your time come to pass."

Don't some works of fiction work off the idea that there's many different timelines and time travellers can jump across them? So Twilight would remember that Xander survives the attack on the castle, even if he was the one who ordered it? It sounds confusing but it does kinda work, a lot like in Time of Your Life.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                    True.

Unless we enter all the time-line, warpy stuff that stops me from watching Dr Who I can't wrap my head around it.

"What happens in your time makes your time come to pass."

Don't some works of fiction work off the idea that there's many different timelines and time travellers can jump across them? So Twilight would remember that Xander survives the attack on the castle, even if he was the one who ordered it? It sounds confusing but it does kinda work, a lot like in Time of Your Life.

But if thats true then what motivation does Twilight have in the first place? If his actions in the current timeline don't affect his timeline, assuming he is in fact from the future, then why is he doing anything in the first place?

And I'm not sure Twilight could possess knowledge of what happens to people in this timeline as a result of his actions, because his very presence has altered the timeline.

Now all we're missing is the alien robot from the ninth-dimension!
                    Last edited by PointMan; 26-07-09, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PointMan View Post
                      But if thats ture then what motivation does Twilight have in the first place? If his actions in the current timeline don't affect his timeline, assuming he is in fact from the future, then why is he doing anything in the first place?
                      But that's also what happened in Time of Your Life. "What happens in your time will make your time come to pass." I interpreted that as Future Willow saying, if Buffy never got sent to the future, Fray's world would never exist. And the only reason Buffy got sent to the future was because she went to New York, which all happened because Twilight ect. So Twilight would have to come to Buffy's time (and apparently Buffy to Fray's time) to make Fray's future possible. If Twilight is from that future then he'd want to ensure it happens. It sounds confusing and mind-bendy but I do think it works.

And I'm not sure Twilight could possess knowledge of what happens to people in this timeline as a result of his actions, because his very presence has altered the timeline.
                      Or it has set it in motion

Now all we're missing is the alien robot from the ninth-dimension!

EDIT: Info I missed on the Willow one-shot.

Scott Allie said this;

"The main story tells what happens before season 8, you know...what's going on with Willow and when you see the cover by Jo, it's a gorgeous cover with Willow and the Snake Woman all wrapped up on each other. So it's gonna fill in a bunch of their story.

There's potentially room for more Buffy one shots i.e., Tales of the Vampire and Willow. We needed a break and figured no one would complain with Willow..."

Also Joss is CO-WRITING it but no word yet on who the other writer will be. Last month Allie did hint that a former cast member would be giving writing a go so maybe it is them. Also Moline (Fray, Btvs s8 Time of Your Life) will be drawing the issue.
                      Last edited by vampmogs; 26-07-09, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X