No announcement yet.

Buffy Issue #29 Cover and Solicitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So know that everyone is unsuperpowered it's Xander's turn to be the manly man?

I like twilight cover better but the Nick Fury hommage looks funny, so lets see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixennacht View Post
      So know that everyone is unsuperpowered it's Xander's turn to be the manly man?

I like twilight cover better but the Nick Fury hommage looks funny, so lets see how it plays out.

I actually doubt Xander will take much part in the fight itself, unless they happen to have a bunch of guns lying around. The cover would seem to indicate that Xander has some kind of key role to play in the issue but its anyones guess what that role actually is.
      “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It's an homage cover, and he's been textually referenced to Nick Fury. It has nothing to do with the story inherently. Neither have the other homage covers.

Other than, that is, in the detail of what characters are featured. Giles and Faith for 8.09, the entire group for 8.15, now Xander. And the other cover is Twilight.

There are anvils, and there are anvils, and there is Joss Whedon.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
          It's an homage cover, and he's been textually referenced to Nick Fury. It has nothing to do with the story inherently. Neither have the other homage covers.

Other than, that is, in the detail of what characters are featured. Giles and Faith for 8.09, the entire group for 8.15, now Xander. And the other cover is Twilight.

There are anvils, and there are anvils, and there is Joss Whedon.

Yes except I wonder why the comparisons with Nick Fury? As far as I can tell, besides the eye patch they don't really have anything in common.

Of course, the only thing I'd be willing to bet is going to be shared with the Fury issue is the betrayal. I guess there's also the possibility of Xander being captured but that hasn't really been hinted at yet.
          Last edited by PointMan; 19-07-09, 08:43 AM.
          “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PointMan View Post
            Yes except I wonder why the comparisons with Nick Fury? As far as I can tell, besides the eye patch they don't really have anything in common.
            Because Xander is a big fan of Nick Fury. Remember this exchange between him and Renee in "The Long Way Home", pt 1:

Renee: Yes, Mr Harris.

Xander" 'Xander.' I told you, Renee, it's 'Xander.' Or 'Sergeant Fury.'

Renee: Wasn't Nick Fury a Colonel when he ran S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Xander: I like him better in the Howling Commando days. But your nerd points are accumulating impressively.

Renee: I try, Sergeant.
            "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan Hawthorn View Post
              Because Xander is a big fan of Nick Fury. Remember this exchange between him and Renee in "The Long Way Home", pt 1:

Renee: Yes, Mr Harris.

Xander" 'Xander.' I told you, Renee, it's 'Xander.' Or 'Sergeant Fury.'

Renee: Wasn't Nick Fury a Colonel when he ran S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Xander: I like him better in the Howling Commando days. But your nerd points are accumulating impressively.

Renee: I try, Sergeant.

Yeah I remember that. Still it seems a bit thin to me.

Comment

Working...
              X