No announcement yet.

Buffy 8.26 "Retreat, Part I" Spoiler Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care about the cockroach's point of view when the guy comes and sprays, do you?
    Well some people might. Hell a Budist would.

If the exterminator started to pluck out their legs one by one, I would start to wonder though, what kind of person I let into my home here...
    Very good point Nixennacht!
    Last edited by sueworld; 26-07-09, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
      I don't care about the cockroach's point of view when the guy comes and sprays, do you?
      If the exterminator started to pluck out their legs one by one, I would start to wonder though, what kind of person I let into my home here...

Comment

• Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
        Two words have been used to describe Buffy’s arc this season. “Compromise” and “Corruption.” I’ve never denied that, in fact I’ve stated it repeatedly. I have no illusions that part of Buffy’s arc this season is to show that she’s slipping. That extends to members of her family as well. Xander’s too close to Buffy to judge her objectively (calling the bank robbery sexy and casually stating they mind-wiped the guards Simone attacked) and Willow’s clearly involved in something dark and dangerous with Saga Vasuki. I agree this is all very deliberate and is meant to be disconcerting.

However, it’s one thing for me to acknowledge their flaws but it’s another thing for me to think they’re rapidly becoming like the demons they slay.
        Hell, I remember once upon a time when Xander *did* question or argue with Buffy....and it seemed nearly all of fandom hated or resented the hell out of him for it. Now we're being shown a Xander who apparently never questions her judgment, and it's either never remarked upon at all by most fans or it's just another sign that he's "too close." Damned if you do, damned if you don't. (This isn't to say I don't agree we're supposed to be question Buffy's decisions and those of the other characters, Xander and Willow included, but it does strike me as being more about the fans whose POV is that Buffy and Co. are supposed to be always morally right and are uncomfortable with the notion that maybe they're not.)

Comment

• Just something that crossed my mind on the torture debate and the "but it works in the Buffyverse" notion:

I'm not sure it does. After all Twilight will obviously be able to find them even in the magic free monastary. So either someone messes up and spills the location by using magic, or the vamp didn't have a clue/ lied to Willow under torture. It's not really reliable information, she got here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nixennacht View Post
            Just something that crossed my mind on the torture debate and the "but it works in the Buffyverse" notion:

I'm not sure it does. After all Twilight will obviously be able to find them even in the magic free monastary. So either someone messes up and spills the location by using magic, or the vamp didn't have a clue/ lied to Willow under torture. It's not really reliable information, she got here.
            Or maybe Twilight somehow captures one of the good guys and tortures the information out of them.

There's no point labeling Willow's torture as ineffective until we're conclusively shown it was ineffective.
            The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. -- H. P. Lovecraft

Comment

Working...
            X