Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espenson Talks 'Retreat' + two preview pics SPOILERS

Hey

Espenson has just done an interview about the upcoming 'Retreat' dropping a few hints about what it will be about. There's also two (very nice) preview pictures from inside the comics.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=21272

Jeanty has Oz down brilliantly and Warren looks genuinely scary.

Vamps
    Last edited by vampmogs; 21-05-09, 02:17 AM.
    "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Wow, that's an amazing Oz, way ta go Jeanty!! Couldn't read what they're saying, anyone can help?
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I think that Oz says 'huh' and Warren says his own name.

Maybe I have no eye for it, but I still think that Oz looks way too much like Andrew to not confuse me. But everybody says that it's perfectly Oz, so I guess that Jeanty did his job well.
      Last edited by Nina; 21-05-09, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I think someone says Warren's name from out of the view, not Warren himself speaking. Going to guess it's Buffy, Andrew, Willow, or Xander. Oz never met the guy

Good interview. This arc will have to be rich with clues about Twilight, too, since Allie or Jeanty implied that
        Spoiler:
        the following arc is where his identity is revealed.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

I've seen the covers before, but just want to comment on how brilliant they both are - Jeanty's clarifies that Faith and Giles will be in the next comic, which I wasn't expecting, but am looking forward to seeing them back in the group. Chen's cover is beautiful.

This arc will have to be rich with clues about Twilight.
          I'm guessing that too, what with Chen's cover having Twilight on the cover - this arc basically continues the gang being ran underground because of Harmony and Twilight. Chen's cover intrigues me, actually, there's Buffy, Andrew, Willow, Oz and Warren with Twilight - why Andrew instead of Xander?

As for the two new panels - Oz is well done, unlike previous artist's and Warren does look pretty terrifying. Does Andrew know Warren is still alive? Or has Buffy kept that information from him? It would make a kind of sense, if he is unaware I'd say the person saying Warren is either Andrew after just finding out about him or Buffy telling Andrew.

This arc sounds really interesting though, I can't wait for it to get started - maybe at the rate the comics are going we'll know who Twilight is before the New Year.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
            I think that Oz says 'huh' and Warren says his own name.

Maybe I have no eye for it, but I still think that Oz looks way too much like Andrew to not confuse me. But everybody says that it's perfectly Oz, so I guess that Jeanty did his job well.
            No personally I think you're right. It looks nothing like Oz imo. But then I've never been a fan of any of his likenesses I'm afraid.

That cover art from Chen is just gorgeous of course, and I'm looking forward to see what Espenson comes up with on the old writing front.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
              Wow, that's an amazing Oz, way ta go Jeanty!! Couldn't read what they're saying, anyone can help?
              Amazing Oz? It's because I knew he would be Oz, cauze I wouldn't have recognized him. Chen's Oz, now that the real Oz! Perfect!

I can understand that Jane loved to put in a skinless character. Except that she's forgetting that it's Warren. Not really a character the fans are waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by Koos View Post
                Amazing Oz? It's because I knew he would be Oz, cauze I wouldn't have recognized him. Chen's Oz, now that the real Oz! Perfect!

I can understand that Jane loved to put in a skinless character. Except that she's forgetting that it's Warren. Not really a character the fans are waiting for.
                I don't know, I think many fans have adjusted to Warren being in this season. Are you still unsatisfied by his presence?

Warren's arc seems to be significant, and I think there is still a lot to be done with him. I, for one, am excited to see where he is headed in this arc.
                sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgia View Post
                  I don't know, I think many fans have adjusted to Warren being in this season. Are you still unsatisfied by his presence?
                  Personally, I never really bothered his precense. I was more annoyed by the fact that Joss forgot that Warren had died. It's like a sign how serious he's taking his own show. Particulary

Originally posted by Nostalgia View Post
                  Warren's arc seems to be significant, and I think there is still a lot to be done with him. I, for one, am excited to see where he is headed in this arc.
                  I am okay with his presence, but I'm not interested to see where he his arc is headed.

Comment

I don't think he looks like Andrew. First, the noses and hair colors are different. The second I saw him I thought Oz. *Shrug*
                    Made by Trickyboxes
                    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Same here, I thought it was a brilliant portrayal of him. I can see why people thought he looked too much like Andrew on Jeanty's variant cover (though I seriously have doubts people actually didn't know it was Oz when they knew he was appearing in this arc and his clothes are Oz's from 'New Moon Rising') but I thought this looked totally like Oz.

I agree it was frustrating there was such a big goof with Warren's return and I'd like for Joss to have it in the text rather than explaining it in the interviews. However, I actually like Warren's presence in s8 and am interested to see where Joss plans on taking him. I think he looks genuinely creepy and it's just made me hate him even more than I already did.
                      "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Comment

Working...
                      X