Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Spoilers!!!! Krueger Talks About #24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoilers!!!! Krueger Talks About #24

Comic Book Resources > CBR News: Jim Krueger Slays Vampires Buffy-Style

“This is all about Faith and Giles and is a direct sequel to the Brian K. Vaughn run from earlier in the series,” teased Krueger. “Brian and Joss did a great job of putting those two together. And by suggesting that in the future, they would be helping slayers find their way. Of course, that way is sort of off-track now that it’s considered cool to be a vampire.”

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight" volumes 1-2
    Krueger agreed Giles and Faith are unusual bedmates, but loves their synergy on the printed page. “They’re certainly coming from two different worlds. Faith is from a dysfunctional broken family with loads of betrayal under her belt. And bad sex, now that we’re speaking of things under the belt while Giles comes from a prim and proper world of academia and rules.

“But this war they’ve been drafted into has changed them. Giles’ hands are dirty. He’s killed people in the war. Faith has had to become better than she ever was. To a certain degree, these two individuals have come a little closer to the center to find, in the midst of their fight against vampires and demons, a friendship and strange sense of family.

“Both Giles and Faith have sort of had to deal with the fact that they don’t fit their prospective molds,” continued Krueger. “Faith is not quite the model slayer. And Giles is not the model Watcher. And so, they fit together. They didn’t fit together at the beginning of the series, but the growth of these two individuals has created this perfect partnership, I think.”

Asked to tease what readers will see in his anticipated one-shot, Krueger revealed, “Now that it’s cool to be a vampire, it’s very uncool to be a slayer. And as a result, many slayers have sort of given up on being chosen. This is the story that deals with a place referred to as Slayer Sanctuary, where a number of slayers have gone to hide.

“From there, Faith and Giles go to investigate, and some really bad things happen.”
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Wait a second... is he saying that Faith and Giles are lovers? That... really just doesn't work.

On a less sickening note, I like the idea of a Slayer Sanctuary. Undoubtedly it's too inviting a target for Twilight, for vampires, for an angry mob.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Faith/Giles together somehow that feels wrong because of her daddy/parent issues and him losing his 'daughter'. I didn't saw that coming, not really.

Poor girls, hiding because they are slayers. It's an interesting idea.

Comment

Personally I think he was playing with fans and was simply referring to the idea that it is strange for both Faith and Giles to get along the way that they do by this point. After all for the rest of the discussion he talks about how both individuals have developed in order to reach 'a strange friendship and sense of family'

If however, he was being literal in what he was saying I have to agree with everyone else who has pointed out so far that because of their history and lets be honest the huge age difference it would be a bit odd to see
        Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

Are we supposed to take "bed mates" literally?

He says they have a sense of family further down in the comments.

Although didn't people speculate after 'NFFY' that's the direction they thought it was heading?

EDIT: Oops Vampmaster beat me to it

Hey well we were all saying that Giles needed a new love interest...
          - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

Where does he say that they become a couple? I've read it again and he seems to be saying that they're together as a team. Also, "in the midst of their fight against vampires and demons, a friendship and strange sense of family."
            Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

I think it was the "unusual bed mates" comment. But I dunno, I think he's just trying to say "couple" or "team." It doesn't really jibe with what he says further down, but it is an interesting term to use.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                I think it was the "unusual bed mates" comment. But I dunno, I think he's just trying to say "couple" or "team." It doesn't really jibe with what he says further down, but it is an interesting term to use.
                I don't know why I've read it as roommates Hmmmm interesting, guess we'll wait and see.
                Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

I was reacted to "bad sex", not the bedmates comment. "Faith is from a dysfunctional broken family with loads of betrayal under her belt. And bad sex, now that we’re speaking of things under the belt while Giles comes from a prim and proper world of academia and rules."

If you parse that out, we're talking about Faith having "bad sex" under her belt, and the next image being a reminder that Giles comes from prim and proper world of academia and rules.
                  sigpic
                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Well remember if Faith had known they came this young and cute she would have requested a transfer

Seriously the age thing doesn't bother me at all, as Buffy said once, her boyfriend had a bicentennial. My issues with it would be the teacher/student role which is why I always felt uncomfortable with the idea of Angel/Faith. But then they did say they were partners at the end so maybe not?

Ah k, I see your point King but who knows? I'm just not sure we should jump to conclusions quite yet because the comments kind of hint at it being a platonic family vibe as well.
                    Last edited by vampmogs; 20-02-09, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I was sure he was joking when I first read the interview, but now I'm having second thoughts... Gossi on Whedonesque said that "they were running some promos on Google Adsense which tended to indicate Faith and Giles are having of the sex". If so, wow. Talk about gutsy.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Gutsy... ridiculous... one of those. Honestly, Hank will jump back up as "best father figure" to Buffy if Giles is sleeping with Faith. How totally skanky, for Giles to make Faith the nominal "stepmom" to BUFFY and DAWN, to totally destroy his paternal credibility with the entire gang.
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

I really don't think it's that bad or how it makes Hank better than Giles? Hank ran off with his secretary and didn't even contact Buffy after Joyce died, Giles sleeping with Faith doesn't even compare.

Considering some of the people the Scoobies have slept with in their time.. Buffy/soulless Spike, Xander/unremorseful ex vengeance demon, Willow/snake lady.. Giles/Faith doesn’t really compare.

Giles isn't their parental figure anymore, if anything Dawn considers Willow in that position, not Giles and I really doubt Buffy views him in that way anymore, or that he views himself in that role. After he left in season six the gang moved on from that, they got used to having that "hairy eyeball" and I don't think he's ever went back into that role again. Sure he's still their advisor and a person they can turn to for support but I think they're long past viewing him as a parental figure.

I think it's a massive stretch to say that anyone Giles sleeps with becomes a "nominal step mum" to Buffy or Dawn, when did we ever get that impression with Olivia? And as if Giles has to contemplate that before getting into a relationship with someone, he's not in anyway related to Buffy, he's in no way her stepfather.. he can sleep with whomever he wants without having to worry about some completely fantastical made up role of them somehow suddenly being "Buffy's step mum."

Comment

I still remember when I first mentioned the Jossverse comics to my mom and I told her about the arc with Giles and Faith, she was, like, 'Are they together?' and I pretty much had about the most incredulous look on my face you could think of. Just no. No. No. And more no.

She hasn't even seen an issue and she might have gotten it just from the fact that they had an arc together.

And yep, I've seen those ads and thinking that they were sounding a little weird in the coupley sense, but I just wrote it off.

I mean, if there's any characters that would go for it, it'd probably be Faith or Anya (probably the closest to a non-Jenny/Olivia character who has ever shown remote interest in Giles), but... If Joss really wanted to stick Faith in a relationship with a much older guy, he should have sent her over to AtS (actually, take your pick of every guy on that show). It would be a lot better received.

Though it would be nice if Giles finds someone. This just feels like Joss wanted Faith on BtVS to help out the cast list (let's face it, it's kind of lacking other than the main trio--and there is also a female overload), when if he really was bent on putting her in a relationship with a character who people care about (Robin didn't really work), there are other candidates. Spike, for instance, could use a cohort other than Illyria. I hope this isn't the only thing Joss could come up with for Giles, who practically seems ignored this season (unless he is Twilight). There are more interesting things to do with Faith, IMO.

I still think Joss put her on the wrong show. It's like he let IDW take Angel and Spike if Dark Horse could have Faith, even though all three feel more AtS to me. BtVS is the show that got left without a lot of strong players that actually belong there. Faith felt tacked on the end of BtVS season 7, too. She had more going on in AtS season 4, IMO. You could tell she would have preferred the company in L.A. over being sent to help in Sunnydale and get further mistreated by Buffy, who still hasn't acknowledged her growth with Angel and Wesley. And season 8 seems to be avoiding the fact that Faith has closer ties (friendly ties) to L.A. than the old Sunnydale crew.
                            Last edited by NileQT87; 20-02-09, 01:30 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

It's gross in ways I can't even articulate. It makes Giles That Guy... That Guy that dates his daughter's or niece's college roommate and then brings her round as a date. And yeah, it does make him worse than Hank... because Hank didn't run away to Spain with Faith. Might as well sleep with Willow, or Cordy, or steal Anya from Xander at the Magic Box. It is just as nasty as it could possibly be, a complete violation of his trust with the young men and women who HE KNOWS see him as a father of sorts (including Dawn, that's just out to lunch to suggest that they don't).

Not only would Buffy freak, she'd be right to freak, and I wouldn't blame her if she A) decked him, and B) never spoke to him *again*. Never mind that it would completely end any chance of Buffy and Faith reconciling.
                              sigpic
                              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
                              X