Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Willow Wonderland - Did it Happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willow Wonderland - Did it Happen?

I've read the first four parts of Willow Wonderland and I'm wondering if we are meant to believe this actually happened or only happens in Willows mind?

She finds herself in a magical coven with Aluwyn, she externalises Dark Willow, Rack comes back. All things that could happen in the magical worlds Willow travels through, but could also happen in her head. Is Wonderland simply Willow's mind?

As I say, I haven't read Part 5, so it might all become obvious. One thing I don't like is Rack's return. It means Willows hasn't actually ever killed anyone. That changes my perception of Willow, and surely it must change Willow's feelings about herself.

You should probably read Part 5 before asking stuff like that.

As far as killing humans I think most of the Scoobies crossed that line in Retreat.

Anything else you haven't read yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
      You should probably read Part 5 before asking stuff like that.

As far as killing humans I think most of the Scoobies crossed that line in Retreat.

Anything else you haven't read yet?
      Well I've read Part 5 and I'm still not sure what the answer is. Was it all inside Willow's head? Does this mean that Willow didn't kill anyone in Season 6? How Dark can Dark Willow actually be if she never actually any real evil?

Comment

Everything happened in reality. After all, the events depicted in "Wonderland" have very real outcomes in the finale of season 9 (the seed, scythe etc) and beyond. And yeah, Willow didn't kill anybody in season six. Also, there's no such thing as dark Willow, never was, it's just Willow. I feel like the entire idea that Willow and Dark Willow are separate entities is mostly something fans cobbled together, like, it's not actually in the TV series (Willow straight up says I killed people in "Lessons", what more proof do you need?) and "Wonderland" completely kills that theory once and for all. As to Rack - I was butthurt about Warren's comeback but I don't mind Rack's and not just because I like him. We don't really see his death, I mean, yeah, OK, Willow sucks the energy out of him or whatever and then he floats upside down but Rack is a serious business sorcerer, he could survive it, I buy that.

surely it must change Willow's feelings about herself.
        I don't think so. Willow's not Angel. Yes, killing humans, bad, big guilt etc but deep down, I don't think she's ever regretted squashing Warren and Rack.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Well I've read Part 5 and I'm still not sure what the answer is. Was it all inside Willow's head? Does this mean that Willow didn't kill anyone in Season 6? How Dark can Dark Willow actually be if she never actually any real evil?
          Her dimensional journey and all of it really happened. Rack and Warren both survived yes though you're limiting her Dark side to a lack of killing. Willow treated her Dark side like a separate Hulk to repress or like Angel/Angelus.

The one that was willing to let Xander and Dawn die for helping Johnathan and Andrew, the one that told an innocent girl to shut her whimpering mouth etc. It's still Willow. There is no such division for her, red hair or black she's all the same person deep down and she accepts that. Dark or not she gaslight Tara, cheated on Kennedy with Aluwyn, ditched her computer job and was interested in the one Wiccan in S11 who already had a girlfriend. She does have an underhanded side to her that she recognizes now. Seeing herself was a bit of mental vision but the rest all was reality.

Comment

Working...
          X