Things we want to ask Scott Allie about issue #25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things we want to ask Scott Allie about issue #25

Guys we're all going to want to post questions so let's compile all our questions.

My question is, what was the point of this season other than to fix the mistakes of last season?

http://slayalive.com/showthread.php/...865#post114865
    Last edited by ChaddyMan1; 11-09-13, 09:05 PM.

Where did it all start going wrong and why didn't you do anything to fix it? That's what I want to ask about the entire season, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be received very well so...
    “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PointMan View Post
      Where did it all start going wrong and why didn't you do anything to fix it? That's what I want to ask about the entire season, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be received very well so...
      Considering how upset everyone is I think we're going to be seeing the question a lot and in many forms By the way broham can you ask my question? I can't log into Slayalive for some reason.
      Last edited by ChaddyMan1; 11-09-13, 10:37 PM.

Comment

It's posted. I don't think I'll be posting any questions myself, since I'd feel like someone asking the conductor why they didn't bother switching tracks when they first saw the track they were on went over a cliff. Part of me wants to ask what the point of Xander's arc was, but it's pretty clear they don't get it, so why bother?
        “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PointMan View Post
          It's posted. I don't think I'll be posting any questions myself, since I'd feel like someone asking the conductor why they didn't bother switching tracks when they first saw the track they were on went over a cliff. Part of me wants to ask what the point of Xander's arc was, but it's pretty clear they don't get it, so why bother?
          I think it's going to be up to us fans to get the train back on the tracks. I don't know how we're gonna do it but I know it's gonna be up to us. Perhaps a boycott is in order? Maybe the only way we can talk to them is with our wallets? Also thank you for posting the question, it is most appreciated bro
          Last edited by ChaddyMan1; 11-09-13, 10:45 PM.

Comment

The first batch of questions have been answered.

http://slayalive.com/showthread.php/...fy-Season-9-25

Comment

Awww man they're not going to accept my question

Comment

The second batch of answers is up.

Comment

The final batch of answers are up

Comment

He has a singular ability at non-answers. Or maybe we just need better questions -- I was hoping to trap him into explaining why "stuff doesn't happen", i.e. major permanent stuff, in "Buffy" when you compare it to the leading serialized fiction of the day ("Walking Dead", "Game of Thrones", "Breaking Bad", etc) or even the more second tier shows but that clearly are of an idiom with "Buffy" (TVD, Teen Wolf). We ran hard to stand still this season in a LOT of ways. But there was no way to ask that question very bluntly without it seeming like a straight up flame or troll.
                    sigpic
                    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                      He has a singular ability at non-answers. Or maybe we just need better questions -- I was hoping to trap him into explaining why "stuff doesn't happen", i.e. major permanent stuff, in "Buffy" when you compare it to the leading serialized fiction of the day ("Walking Dead", "Game of Thrones", "Breaking Bad", etc) or even the more second tier shows but that clearly are of an idiom with "Buffy" (TVD, Teen Wolf). We ran hard to stand still this season in a LOT of ways. But there was no way to ask that question very bluntly without it seeming like a straight up flame or troll.
                      Yeah I know what you mean, that's why I wanted to ask my question cause it was straight to the point but I can see where it would have been rude.

Was it just me or did he seem a little down in the dumps?

Comment

It is an odd point to do a Q&A really I think. Mostly people will question parts of the season that just finished which didn't work for them or didn't make sense or they will want to know aspects of what is coming up which he won't answer. So I wouldn't have thought it is a very enjoyable one to do from his pov and hard to find things that will pass for rudeness or spoiling from our pov.

I'm not convinced they will particularly structure next season massively different. Perhaps I am misjudging buying behaviour but I just think three main titles seems unlikely. I don't think the plan of two and 2/3 minis was a bad one but I do think this is where the 'roll with it' lack of planning doesn't work because the Spike/Willow minis gutted Buffy's title too much and it was clear it wasn't what had been intended. Great to be flexible if you don't let the quality down and they just did this season. I'm not sure they get that the lack of interaction made the main title suffer. If they did three main titles is not the way forward imo.

Comment

Are they still taking questions?
                          If so, Is Illyria really dead?

Comment

Originally posted by illyriafan View Post
                            Are they still taking questions?
                            If so, Is Illyria really dead?
                            They aren't, but he wouldn't have given a definitive answer to that anyway. He'd have said "it certainly appears that she is, this was a great moment for her to really bring her character to a strong place, etc", but then he would have immediately qualified it with the Buffyverse being a place of many possibilities, they never know what Joss might come up with, etc, and you'd be right back here unsatisfied.
                            sigpic
                            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                              They aren't, but he wouldn't have given a definitive answer to that anyway. He'd have said "it certainly appears that she is, this was a great moment for her to really bring her character to a strong place, etc", but then he would have immediately qualified it with the Buffyverse being a place of many possibilities, they never know what Joss might come up with, etc, and you'd be right back here unsatisfied.

Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X