No announcement yet.

A new way of interacting on Buffy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I don't even like the idea that some writers on some TV shows are influenced by things like Twitter.

For the comics, enough feedback is given via the Q&As and such things.

If backstory is needed, it should be in the comics. It can even be in one-shoots or miniseries or whatever.

One of the biggest problems with the comics is we don't know backstory that's important NOW.

In the TV shows, we didn't even know about the Fanged Four until BtVS 5.07. We didn't see Spike's mother until BtVS 7.17. We didn't see or know about the first time Angel had sex with Dru after she had sired William until AtS 5.08. We still don't even know if William was a member of the peerage.

What is important to know is when and how Buffy found out Spike is alive. It's what exactly from IDW is canon. And that could be explained in a mere few panels.

Comment

I'm not sure about this, on one hand it's nice to try to improve the plot and respond to feedback, on the other hand this also compromises freedom of storytelling in favor of fan servicing and it just makes it manufactured. I think they should be open to the fan community, but not let them run the story, just write the best stories they can and be true to the characters and world they inhabit in, that's all i really ask.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
        We still don't even know if William was a member of the peerage.
        Other than your penchant for projecting your fantasies about being a dominating Alpha Male onto Spike, I'm pretty confident that not only is this utterly irrelevant to Spike's character or story, but that you are the only carbon-based lifeform on the planet who remotely cares about this. As for the IDW characters, Dark Horse isn't interested in them, Joss Whedon isn't interested in them, and from what I understand, most of Spike's fans aren't interested in them. They're not appearing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippcomet View Post
          As for the IDW characters, Dark Horse isn't interested in them, Joss Whedon isn't interested in them, and from what I understand, most of Spike's fans aren't interested in them. They're not appearing again.
          Count me in as one of the uninterested. The Asylum characters were fun in the Asylum story, but I've no desire to see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippcomet View Post
            most of Spike's fans aren't interested in them.
            I don't know if that's true. I've seen some fans who have shown disappointment at the fact that Dark Horse isn't using the characters that IDW created to be supporting characters to Spike.

Personally I myself think that they are more interesting then the bugs that Dark Horse created.

But it's not really surprising that Dark Horse aren't using characters that first appeared in a comic published by a rival comic book company.
            Last edited by Lostsoul666; 18-11-13, 12:03 AM.
            My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Skippcomet

I'm pretty confident that not only is this utterly irrelevant to Spike's character or story,
              This opinion isn’t based on canon given we see such flashbacks in “Fool For Love” (B 5.07), “Lies My Parents Told Me” (B 7.17), and get hints of it in “Beneath You” (B 7.02).

As for the IDW characters, Dark Horse isn't interested in them, Joss Whedon isn't interested in them,
              Joss created the character of Spider and came up with the idea of having her with Spike. Joss hired the guy who wrote Spike: Asylum to write AtF.

and from what I understand, most of Spike's fans aren't interested in them.
              You understand from what? The problem is if they were ever canon that it makes almost no sense for Spike not to have them as Spikettes.

Comment

Working...
              X