No announcement yet.

What exactly is the plan to save Dawn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is the plan to save Dawn?

While everybody is wondering about Xander and the fallout surrounding his character...nobody seems to be asking what exactly is the plan to save Dawn? I'm unclear exactly how does giving Willow "more power" help Dawn? What is Willow supposed to do that she couldn't accomplish after returning? As she states she magicked Dawn for a couple of days. I'm curious to know what Mcguffin the writers are going to pull out of their collective hats to save Dawn. Here's my theory....

Spoiler:
    Given that Giles was brought back as a 12 yr old boy...maybe the plan is to put Buffy into Dawn's body. We've had hints in the previous arc when we saw Buffy having her consciousness transferred to the android body. Since Dawn's connection to magic is fading and since Buffy has the essence of the Slayer I think Willow's plan is to merge Buffy with Dawn. Of course I doubt Willow has told Buffy the particulars for obvious reasons.

It will hopefully be clearer in the last few issues. As it seems now, Willow's new brand of magic is still adjusting to Earth, and she doesn't have enough juice to stabilize Dawn. From what I'm picking up on so far, Willow either plans to use the magical energy of the Well, or perhaps draw power from the Old Ones themselves and try that spell again. In #21 I think she said "The spell was solid, I just didn't have enough power.."

Based on the blurb for #24 and the foreshadowing going on recently, it looks like Illyria, Koh and the Council will try to stop the time travel before it starts so Severin doesn't do unspecified damage to the time stream. I would guess Buffy has to battle Simone and perhaps the Old One that created vampires, Willow will need to get more power, and Xander will start off by having some kind of mental/emotional conflict with his PTSD.

Oh, and Spike will somehow pass on information about Simone from Anaheed. I could see him just communicating with Willow if Willow mentally checks on Dawn or something, and the writers can dodge shippers again.
    Last edited by DanSlayer; 08-07-13, 08:05 PM.

Comment

1) Go to the place the plot mandates
      2) do magic bullshit therein
      3) ????
      4) Profit

That's how they plan on saving Dawn.

I'm only being sarcastic, because... well, what can be accomplished by theoretical discussions about it? Whether it's a plan that sounds like it might work, etc, is irrelevant when the answer is that what it works or doesn't by writer fiat alone.
      sigpic
      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Crap, I knew they forget something!

Seriously though I got nothing. They might have an actual plan somewhere, but we haven't been privy to it as yet.
        Last edited by PointMan; 08-07-13, 11:39 PM.
        “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm wondering if that undated image showing Buffy holding the Scythe in front of an open portal at her back is where we are now...inside the Deeper Well and Willow opens up a portal. This portal takes Buffy into another dimension altogether. Dawn dies in this dimension so Buffy jumps into a new one where there's a version of Dawn alive.

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
            1) Go to the place the plot mandates
            2) do magic bullshit therein
            3) ????
            4) Profit

That's how they plan on saving Dawn.
            Lol! And almost certainly accurate.
            Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
            ~Douglas Adams

Comment

I've been thinking about this for a while and I really don't understand the writers or the Scoobies - why couldn't they take Dawn with them to the Deeper Well? If Willow is right and there is enough magic in the Deeper Well to restore Dawn...the question for these geniuses is how are they going to remember who Dawn is in order to rescue her?

If they had used their brains (Scoobies or the writers) wouldn't they have been alert to the probability that bringing Dawn to the Deeper Well would have ensured she stayed alive and not disappeared into thin air?

Comment

Working...
              X