No announcement yet.

Season 10 Speculation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sara Pichelli anyone? How about porting Rebekah Issac over to Buffy as well? I *envy* the Angel book because they got Rebekah Issac. If Gage becomes writer for the Buffy book...it would be insane not to put Rebekah Issac on that title.

As for a writer? Gail Simone anyone? Her name did come up before...so maybe now would be a good time to look at bringing her in. At least that's my opinion. Jodi Picault would be another possibility. She did a fantastic Wonder Woman series.

Xander as a vampire would work...as long as we see more of Dawn. Her interactions with him would then make a lot of interesting scenes. But if Dawn dies or fades away...what do you do with a vampire Xander? Unless he becomes the Buffy equivalent of Harth Fray I don't see what they could do with him. But in my view it does look like someone is getting turned before this is all over. The question is who.
    Last edited by DorothyFan1; 27-05-13, 07:25 PM.

Comment

1. Either as the Ripper we saw before Edna set him straight, or only temporarily.

2. At some point obviously. I suspect S9 will end with Buffy deciding to go confront him, but Issue 1 of S10 will just briefly bring it up, and readers will have to pick up the start of the next Angel book to actually see what happens.

3. I don't think Dawn will die and his actions will have a hand in saving her, but she's so shocked that he teamed up with S & S she dumps him. He may be on the fringe of the Scoobies for a while. If he was a regular old-fashioned vampire then Buffy would ultimately just stake him even though she would hate doing so. If he retained his soul then it might give him some new dynamic with Spike, but his "crimes" are nowhere near as heinous as Spike or Angel's, so his attitude would probably stay the same even if he liked the strength. And I don't want a "cure" storyline for vampires either.

4. My best guess is police consultant with Dowling.

5. They already said Billy is here for the long term, Anaheed seems to be tied to his story. They will probably bring up the Willow/Kennedy stuff again, but if they have them get back together or have Willow beg Kennedy's forgiveness-there is a strong chance I will drop the book.

6. The only book/people that is pursuing this is the baddies in Buffy's. A change would invalidate the other books. I'm expecting speechifying from Buffy about how she would not undo Twilight Time even if she could.

I doubt a reset like DC's The New 52 is coming, but maybe some mega-incident that changes the landscape of the whole Buffyverse like how AvX led to the set up of a lot of the Marvel NOW! books.
      Last edited by DanSlayer; 27-05-13, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
        5. They already said Billy is here for the long term, Anaheed seems to be tied to his story. They will probably bring up the Willow/Kennedy stuff again, but if they have them get back together or have Willow beg Kennedy's forgiveness-there is a strong chance I will drop the book.
        Oh god no..that would be awful

Comment

Only thing I feel like speculating is the liklihood of their having Gage write some of the main title. I've had that gut feeling for a while now.

And that'll produce a fan reaction. Gotta $hi+stir shippers, y'know...
          Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
          ~Douglas Adams

Comment

Oh god no..that would be awful
            Oh I know it would be. It astounds me Joss and the writers know Kennedy is wildly unpopular but nobody in the show or comics had a single negative thing to say about her until Willow explained why she dumped her to Buffy. And Buffy punched Kennedy in Guarded but it was an arc where the writers were supporting Buffy's emotional stagnation! I agreed with Kennedy about Giles although I had to grit my teeth through the "I still care about Willow" part. And S9 #21 made Kennedy a millionaire, I sincerely hope Willow's line: "And why did I break up with her again?", was just a one-off joke and not actual foreshadowing.

Only thing I feel like speculating is the liklihood of their having Gage write some of the main title. I've had that gut feeling for a while now.

And that'll produce a fan reaction. Gotta $hi+stir shippers, y'know...
            Gage has produced what I feel has been the much stronger of the two main titles. A & F is not perfect. But as a product it had done it's first job of being entertaining as a story for me. Buffy's book has dragged a lot, even though it looks like it is picking up for the end. And I have a much better connection to the A & F characters in terms of where their heads have been all season.

Comment

Working...
            X