Season 10 Speculation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 10 Speculation Thread

I think it's time we start discussing the possibilities for Season 10.

1. Will Giles be back?
    2. Will Buffy see Angel again? (and before I get hammered on this, I'm referring to such a possibilty in a non shipper capacity, so no need to get snippy with me on this. I'm agnostic on any Buffy pairing at this point so that ship has sailed.).
    3. What happens to Xander?
    4. What will Buffy be doing besides her slaying? Going back to school? Becoming a night time bouncer? Joining a roller derby team?
    5. Which ancillary characters will we be seeing? Kennedy? Anaheed? Any of the other former slayers?
    6. Will there be a timeline change?

These are just some of the questions I can see being asked. Although I'm sure the SDCC will answer some of these issues I think there will be others that will be raised that make us wonder where they'll take the Buffy franchise.

Edit: to the moderators - I have no idea if this is the right place to post this thread. If not...just move it to the right place. Thank you.
    Last edited by DorothyFan1; 25-05-13, 02:29 AM.

It seems like a good place to post for now.
    I am guessing mammoth cliff hanger is due in August.

Comment

I'm guessing it might have to do with Buffy's comment back in ToYL about her something "too ridiculous to comprehend". Which raises the question...what *would* be so ridiculous regarding Buffy that it would be impossible to comprehend?
      Last edited by DorothyFan1; 25-05-13, 02:33 PM.

Comment

1. Giles will be back but young and beautiful and possibly evil.
        2. Buffy will see Angel and will bask as though nothing happened. The writers will think we all should have forgotten Twilight by now.
        3. Xander will turn out to have saved the day in the long run.
        4. I like the idea of Buffy going back to school. It's about time.
        5. Billy for sure. Anaheed, unless she dies.
        6. All my previous answers are based on no timeline reset. But I think there's a good chance there will be one. I would like it before season 8, but after careful financial consideration it will be set sometime in high school.

Comment

Buffy mentioned reading something resembling something about herself and her friends...some good, some dire. But it's the ridiculousness part that has me concerned. As for a timeline reset...if this happens I'm gone.

Comment

As the sales keep going down, Dark Horse will try a new artist and writer at least part-time on the Buffy series.

Also, at least one dead character will be brought back to life.
            Last edited by Curiouswolf40; 25-05-13, 04:39 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Curiouswolf40 View Post
              As the sales keep going down, Dark Horse will try a new artist and writer at least part-time on the Buffy series.

Also, at least one dead character will be brought back to life.
              This appears to be a new bit of information I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else. Do you have a source for this?

Comment

Uh, Dorothy, I am pretty sure those were just predictions being made on you prediction thread

I try not to make firm predictions, but throwing at the dartboard of my mind here, I am getting to think that they may actually go ahead and let Dawn fade away. Not sure why I am suddenly pessimistic on that, but I am. Would set up Xander as an adversarial presence or at the very least intractable personal tension within what used to be the Scoobies.

I am sincerely hoping that just separate Angel and Faith, I think this series has been less than ideal as a story track for her character.

Only prediction I make with confidence or at sincere hope is that they will "fix" the vampire situation. The title is still Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It is one thing to expand the concept beyond only vampires; quite another to remove vampires altogether. Zompires are garbage, not interesting or intimidating.
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                  Uh, Dorothy, I am pretty sure those were just predictions being made on you prediction thread

I try not to make firm predictions, but throwing at the dartboard of my mind here, I am getting to think that they may actually go ahead and let Dawn fade away. Not sure why I am suddenly pessimistic on that, but I am. Would set up Xander as an adversarial presence or at the very least intractable personal tension within what used to be the Scoobies.

I am sincerely hoping that just separate Angel and Faith, I think this series has been less than ideal as a story track for her character.

Only prediction I make with confidence or at sincere hope is that they will "fix" the vampire situation. The title is still Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It is one thing to expand the concept beyond only vampires; quite another to remove vampires altogether. Zompires are garbage, not interesting or intimidating.
                  So no reset? No pressing the Staples Easy button and presto problem solved? I'm impressed. Seriously, having Dawn die would fulfill the puppetmaster comment about her going "poof" in season eight not to mention The First's prophetic remark in Conversations with Dead People in season seven. As for the zompire situation being cleared up...for vampires being sired again this requires someone being infected. The problem here is magic is required and the Earth lost it after Buffy destroyed the Seed. For this issue to be fixed requires a full on reset.

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyFan1 View Post
                    So no reset? No pressing the Staples Easy button and presto problem solved? I'm impressed. Seriously, having Dawn die would fulfill the puppetmaster comment about her going "poof" in season eight not to mention The First's prophetic remark in Conversations with Dead People in season seven. As for the zompire situation being cleared up...for vampires being sired again this requires someone being infected. The problem here is magic is required and the Earth lost it after Buffy destroyed the Seed. For this issue to be fixed requires a full on reset.
                    Oh, they might reset, I wouldn't be surprised still if that were the case. The only actual *prediction* I made is that they fix vampires, the rest is just calculation, probabilities, etc. A reset would fix vampires, too.

Agree that the most *likely* way to fix vampires is to involve the original demon directly plus asspull asspull, but they could also still have a new Seed. As much as I have never liked the idea, maybe a giant magical jar of Essence of Dawn will ultimately fill that role, making here the Anveena Teague of the Buffyverse (and Xander the Kalecgos? We can has dragon? J/K, although Kalec did end up with a superpowered blonde after that).

Either way, vampires being fixed and awesome again is mandatory. I have even been disappointed that there hasn't been so much as one scene of any remaining vampire reflecting on the situation from their perspective.
                    sigpic
                    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                      Oh, they might reset, I wouldn't be surprised still if that were the case. The only actual *prediction* I made is that they fix vampires, the rest is just calculation, probabilities, etc. A reset would fix vampires, too.

Agree that the most *likely* way to fix vampires is to involve the original demon directly plus asspull asspull, but they could also still have a new Seed. As much as I have never liked the idea, maybe a giant magical jar of Essence of Dawn will ultimately fill that role, making here the Anveena Teague of the Buffyverse (and Xander the Kalecgos? We can has dragon? J/K, although Kalec did end up with a superpowered blonde after that).

Either way, vampires being fixed and awesome again is mandatory. I have even been disappointed that there hasn't been so much as one scene of any remaining vampire reflecting on the situation from their perspective.
                      Maybe that's why Spike looks so dejected in that Buffy cover after learning the full impact of Buffy's action in destroying the Seed. We really don't know whether Spike knew destroying it meant no more vampire creations. But that's my thinking. I haven't read a single issue of the Spike mini so I wouldn't know if that's the case here.

As for the reset option...like going back to the high school version of Buffy, getting back Giles, no memories of anything that happened before or everything happens all over again down the line...fulfilling Dark Willow's suicide plan? Lets see...this means

1. Glory returns.
                      2. Dawn gets recreated.
                      3. Buffy jumps through the portal preventing the Hell dimension opening up.
                      4. Willow resurrects Buffy again.

Wash, rinse and repeat. Does that fit the bill of Nietzche's Theory of the Eternal Recurrence? I think so.
                      Last edited by DorothyFan1; 26-05-13, 02:16 AM.

Comment

I like the idea of a reset maybe up to season 5 or so, there would be complications sure but it would be cool to see some of the dead characters like Anya, Joyce and Tara be around again.
                        325 posts to go til signature

Comment

Dorothyfan wrote:

1. Will Giles be back?
                          2. Will Buffy see Angel again? (and before I get hammered on this, I'm referring to such a possibilty in a non shipper capacity, so no need to get snippy with me on this. I'm agnostic on any Buffy pairing at this point so that ship has sailed.).
                          3. What happens to Xander?
                          4. What will Buffy be doing besides her slaying? Going back to school? Becoming a night time bouncer? Joining a roller derby team?
                          5. Which ancillary characters will we be seeing? Kennedy? Anaheed? Any of the other former slayers?
                          6. Will there be a timeline change?
                          1. I hope not, but it seems likely. (singing Genesis style)
                          "Wiping it all away! Wiping it aaaaalll away-heeeey!"

2. As long as there is fan interest or media interest especially Entertainment Weekly interest, Buffy and Angel will always have their epic, bittersweet reunions.

3. Xander will fall to the Dark Side but will not stay there. He may not redeem himself, either. It would be an interesting parallel with Fray if Buffy loses her own "brother" to vampirism.

4. I'd like to see Buffy attending night school while working as a roller skate-wearing bouncer for a rink that also has its own roller derby team. Seriously, I'd love to see Buffy circumnavigate her way through her patrols while going to night classes.

5. Kennedy, Andrew, and possibly Billy. Because he's totally a Slayer.

6. Give the fans what they want. If the throngs want high school Buffy, high school Buffy it is. Because, remember, it doesn't have to make sense. It just has to be cool and satisfy everybody.

Tallgent

Comment

Originally posted by Tallgent View Post
                            Dorothyfan wrote:

2. As long as there is fan interest or media interest especially Entertainment Weekly interest, Buffy and Angel will always have their epic, bittersweet reunions.

3. Xander will fall to the Dark Side but will not stay there. He may not redeem himself, either. It would be an interesting parallel with Fray if Buffy loses her own "brother" to vampirism.

4. I'd like to see Buffy attending night school while working as a roller skate-wearing bouncer for a rink that also has its own roller derby team. Seriously, I'd love to see Buffy circumnavigate her way through her patrols while going to night classes.

6. Give the fans what they want. If the throngs want high school Buffy, high school Buffy it is. Because, remember, it doesn't have to make sense. It just has to be cool and satisfy everybody.

Tallgent
                            Your comment about the possible parallel between Buffy and Fray makes me wonder whether its Spike who "saves" Dawn. Because right now the world lacks magic, right? In Fray, there was just enough magic that allowed the dying Harth to be turned. The scene with Spike coming through the window seemed odd for some reason and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I remembered a small detail about vampires in old movies and literature that made me think about that little detail and then I recalled it....vampires coming through windows of their victims to feed on them. Can you imagine what Buffy would think if she learned it was Spike who "saves" Dawn this way?

On the other hand it makes the scenes in the Willow miniseries make sense as well. In them we see Xander and possibly Dawn running away from something. But the detail that now catches my eye is that both Xander and Dawn's faces were blotted out. Why? Could this mean that the earlier Buffy slayer dream showing both Xander and Dawn as zompires suggest they'll both get turned before this is all over? The little thing showing them running away at night seemed like a clue for some reason.

But then again all of this is probably just nothing but an over active imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallgent View Post
                              Dorothyfan wrote:

Tallgent
                              1. He'll be back. If it's good or bad? I think bad. I like him, but once character is dead he should stay dead. That way is far more realistic and dramatic, than killing somone just to bing him/her back.

2. I would lost my last bit of respect for Buffy if she would forgive Angel. This guy manipulated her, used her, and was her enemy. And now she would just forgive him? My reaction to this idea.

3. Xander vampire... I'm torn on this one. On one hand it could be interesting, considering that Xander always hated vampires and was prejudiced against even souled vamps like Spike and Angel. So seeing him becoming thing he hates the most, especially if this would be consequences of his actions, would be fascinating. On the other hand it is wasting perfectly good character because I don't see how Scoobies can give him a soul and Xander turn bad is just another cliche like Angel turning evil, Faith turning evil, Willow turning evil etc.

4. Let Buffy to grow up! No more school etc. she need full time job, she need to be responsible adult. Let her be police consultant, after all she knows supernatural underworld better than most. Yes, I'm serious about it.

5. No he's not. You can saddle a pig, doesn't mean that the pig will become a stallion Same with Billy - he can delude himself that he is a Slayer but he never will be one of them. Frankly, his presence is highly annoying and I hope that he will just go away. Give him spin off book or something like this. Only person from season 9 I liked was Kennedy. She was pretty cool - she matured as a person, become better leader and she have good, pragmatic attitude: using guns, grenades, modern technology etc. I like her now and I wish that she would show up again.

6. Give fans what they want? Hire new artist and new writer.
                              Last edited by 1701EarlGrey; 28-05-13, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X