Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Buffy S11:Giles # 3 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Buffy S11:Giles # 3 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

The issue is out tomorrow so I'm opening the thread.
    Last edited by BAF; 25-04-18, 02:59 PM.

OK this was better then the last two. The hokey "look up" thing makes sense now. Not sure what the whole "wretched twins" thing is about but for some reason Baldwin her sire was also a warlock and added something to her. She may or may not have a soul in addition to some weird blue haired power and the names of those she regrets dying tattooed in magic on her skin. She saw a human friend killed by other humans just for being her friend. She buries herself for a few decades and only kills/drains people she feels deserve it. Girl Blue can also call out to her. Truman is alive working for the demon now but Wong and possibly another teacher Crowe are still missing; Truman blames Blue for Crowe. I am interested in seeing how it resolves so it is an improvement. I can see the kiss irritating some people.
    Last edited by DanSlayer; 25-04-18, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Definitely Roux is something else, not just a vampire – her behavior differs from the average ones: she's kept working through out her unlife (even as a slave!), she befriends humans (Ebba, Giles), she hibernates for decades, she has been magically tattooed... does she have a freaking soul????

Now, Blue Girl I don't get; she's a vampire who needs protection! A vampire who attends school! (no Twilight style, please!!!) Is she different because she was sired by Roux? Anyway, I liked Roux's past (as I expected to) very much, but I think this mini will have no influence on the Buffyverse, or S12, soul or no soul. Or will it?
      My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by betta View Post
        Definitely Roux is something else, not just a vampire – her behavior differs from the average ones: she's kept working through out her unlife (even as a slave!), she befriends humans (Ebba, Giles), she hibernates for decades, she has been magically tattooed... does she have a freaking soul????

Now, Blue Girl I don't get; she's a vampire who needs protection! A vampire who attends school! (no Twilight style, please!!!) Is she different because she was sired by Roux? Anyway, I liked Roux's past (as I expected to) very much, but I think this mini will have no influence on the Buffyverse, or S12, soul or no soul. Or will it?
        I didn't get that Girl Blue was also a vamp, Truman said she murdered Crowe; Blue herself doesn't appear is just calling out for Roux, so we have no way of knowing whose right.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
          I didn't get that Girl Blue was also a vamp, Truman said she murdered Crowe; Blue herself doesn't appear is just calling out for Roux, so we have no way of knowing whose right.
          Yeah, sorry, Roux couldn't save Ebba and not Blue Girl... so Blue isn't a vampire.

Edit:

I thought Roux had saved Ebba by siring her, and then I mixed Ebba with Blue (because they SO look like each other...). Shouldn't read and do other things at the same time.
          Last edited by betta; 25-04-18, 08:27 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
            I keep wondering what that visual of the little clown hand puppet means - is she now the puppet being controlled or the master puppeteer? In many cultures - having tattoos are magical links that serve as power - do the serve as reminders/purpose for Roux much as Angel's soul serves as the controller and now as Spike's soul does? What we see with Roux is that she is extraordinary not at all like how the Buffyverse depicts the natural state of vampires - automatic killing and feeding life forms.

The artwork in this issue was outstanding -
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cil_domney View Post
              I keep wondering what that visual of the little clown hand puppet means - is she now the puppet being controlled or the master puppeteer? In many cultures - having tattoos are magical links that serve as power - do the serve as reminders/purpose for Roux much as Angel's soul serves as the controller and now as Spike's soul does? What we see with Roux is that she is extraordinary not at all like how the Buffyverse depicts the natural state of vampires - automatic killing and feeding life forms.

The artwork in this issue was outstanding -
              It seems like Girl Blue is fully aware that Roux has to protect her for whatever reason but that alone isn't sinister. We've only seen her walk in hallways and be picked on once. Unless she's somehow working with Seed I'm not sure she's evil at all; unless she somehow keeps Roux's other impulses in check. From Roux's point of view most evil comes from humans so she might be a different sort of slave to Girl Blue somehow.

Comment

Better than the last two issues, largely because it’s an exposition dump. On the one hand, Roux having a soul explains why she hasn’t been evil. On the other hand, introducing an OC vampire love interest with a soul is fanfiction stuff. Still pretty weak writing, and Giles just kind of makes the assumption she has a soul out of nowhere.

Comment

I am not reading the comics, but out of curiosity- has it been explained how she got hers ?

flow
                  ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I am still buying these but waiting to read it complete. So this could be total rubbish that is clearly such if I'd read them, but it sounds to me as if they are possibly going for something that is deemed as equivalent to being souled but isn't. The way it is being talked about just sounds as if it is iffy whether it is a soul or not, and so obviously it could turn out to be not. But it seems that there will be something instead, so some binding or spell or some such on her that has the same effect as becoming souled does. They could be opting for this possibly so that they can pull away from it being a strict either/or situation over a soul. A soulless vamp still 'lacks' without a conscience and morality, but the soul isn't the only way for them to move beyond that/gain that. If it is something along those lines I don't think it disrupts canon mythology over the importance of the soul but would just broaden things.

Comment

I love it! It's stunning! I love Whedon and I want to have his babies! The man's a genius! Priceless - just tweet him and tell him I said so! Tell him I used five exclamation marks in 5 sentences and all these emojis. :
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                        I love it! It's stunning! I love Whedon and I want to have his babies! The man's a genius! Priceless - just tweet him and tell him I said so! Tell him I used five exclamation marks in 5 sentences and all these emojis. :
                        You should join twitter and tell him yourself, I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you I can't wait for my copy! Everyone seems so much more positive

Comment

TriBel: Enlighten us! Please!

flow
                          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

The quality of this issue is still below mediocre. It’s more readable than the first two issues, yes. But it’s still below average as far as comics go.

Comment

Would it be possible if Roux soul is anchored by magic? I mean, when she was turned, she didn't even lose her soul? That could work for Angel (and no worries, Spuffies, Buffy wouldn't run to his arms, Angel is past), too. And for Willow

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X