Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy S11:Giles # 1 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but think Whedon dropped the ball with doing this. Imo he should have done a Ripper comic series, something people have have crying out for since the show ended and the proposed BBC series came to nothing.

Comment

Anyway, since it's all we have for now...

As TriBel said in the other thread, Melaka's tattoo

makes an appearance at the basement on the Giles comic:

However, at the end of BtVS S11, nothing that important or life changing seemed to have happened to Giles:

My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

Comment

The tattoo/sign is an international biological hazard symbol. It's in the school because it used to be a bomb factory. Fray has it because it's a popular tattoo design. I don't think there's anything more to it.
        Last edited by a thing of evil; 13-04-18, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
          The tattoo/sign is an international biological hazard symbol. It's in the school because it used to be a bomb factory. Fray has it because it's a popular tattoo design. I don't think there's anything more to it.
          Still, its appearance is quite showing.
          My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

Comment

@ Betta - unless adult Giles has already entered an alternative universe? Gone through "the looking-glass"? Remember Angel was scrying in A11 and went time travelling. There could be an overlap we're not aware of. Perhaps it's something to do with changing Illyria's past - Ill be honest - I didn't pay much attention to her part of the story.

The "hybrid magic technology": Hybridity (a cross between two separate races, plants or cultures) is the direction I thought the 'verse was heading since S7. How can I put this? I thought at the end of 7 that Buffy and Spike did love each other but wouldn't be together until social conditions would support hybridity. A little bit like mixed race marriage was unthinkable at one time. I don't want to use race as a specific analogy because it was more than this, and of course, magic's involved but it works to a certain degree. Hybridity is why I wouldn't be surprised by (but I'm not insisting on) a Spuffy baby. The reference to Hamilton: I read this as a reference to multiculturalism so it didn't surprise me (and it does support the race analogy).

However, where I've been thrown is I was anticipating metaphorical multiverses not real ones!

You really are a star producing all these images - thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X