Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel S11 # 12 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Slayalive Q/A with Corinna Bechko for Angel Season 11 # 12 has started.

http://slayalive.com/showthread.php/...echko?p=125665

Comment

Originally posted by BAF View Post
      The Slayalive Q/A with Corinna Bechko for Angel Season 11 # 12 has started.

http://slayalive.com/showthread.php/...echko?p=125665
      Is Slayalive gone? I keep getting an Account Suspended message whenever I go in.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
        Is Slayalive gone? I keep getting an Account Suspended message whenever I go in.
        As do I. I've tried going in via the link and via a search engine. Same result. The link was working last week.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting it too. It's done that before and then came back so I'm hoping it will reappear.

We can do without yet another buffy forum going down.

Comment

There is a 1:1 corellation between internet community/site activity declining and the failure of any IP holders to do anything to revitalize public interest in the property. The comic continuations have petered out in interest, gone stale. Needs a new show, a new feature film, a new animation, even new video games. Yes, perhaps even a relaunch of some kind or alternate canon. Give us something to sing about, as it were. By which I mean to energetically type that each other are wrong about
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Well If I understand things properly Disney now hold the rights to Buffy, so we'll see If they think It's worth exploiting. *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                Well If I understand things properly Disney now hold the rights to Buffy, so we'll see If they think It's worth exploiting. *g*
                they have the Jossverse-side rights, too, right? the TV side. Warner has the Kuzui sequel right?

Guarantee this -- they will eventually come up with something more compelling to leverage the IP than intermittent funko or the occasional ouija board.
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Yeah, they will hold all TV rights that Fox once held. The Kuzui thing is unaffected.

Comment

I would just assume that a monthly account hosting payment is due and hasn't been met on time. I would expect it to come back on as this happens every now and then I've noticed. I'd be surprised if it has gone without a word.

I've just had a quick look and they were retweeting things in the last 24hrs, I doubt it is down permanently.

Comment

Slayalive has gone down like this before and eventually comes back after a few days.Hopfully it does again as us

- - - Updated - - -

Slayalive is back.

Comment

Originally posted by betta View Post
                        Totally shameful, the whole thing with the mirror was just a MISTAKE.

The bugs had no meaning whatsoever.

What's the purpose of the stupid vision? A reason to have Angel and Illyria frolicking in the past? Their travel caused death and destruction; and the mean plant was defeated by throwing what they brought from the past, so if they hadn't traveled at all...
                        I read it as a dream. Not in the sense that it is a dream but using Freudian dreamwork (condensation and displacement plus symbolism). The bugs are repressed memories from Angel's past (unconscious wishes/fears that are literally "bugging him"). The flowers? Flowers usually symbolise female sexuality (young girls blossom or flower into adulthood, virgins are deflowered). This flower also had elements of vagina dentata (google it). This usually means castration - a loss of manhood, dis-empowerment. Does that tie into anything in Angel's canon story? The clue for me was Fred's "famous last words" remark on pg2. It acts like a trigger for the return of the repressed. His father's and Kathy's last words are in Issue 10. What Angel says to Kathy is - in effect - "I will remember you". His father tells him he'll corrupt Kathy - he also tells him his badness will come out. However, Angel also remembers his father telling him he can be a good man. I read the whole season as a more elaborate version of Spike's "Lies my Parents told me". Spike recovers memories that allow him to break the control the First Evil has on him. Angel might have done something similar. The mirror - it was Fred's point of view. Perhaps Fred sees him as human? It might not be what the writers intended but it made sense to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X