No announcement yet.

The Season 11 Thread - Discussion, Speculation and News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview pages for Buffy S11 Giles # 1.

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-giles-1/

EXCLUSIVE: The Teacher Becomes the Student in Giles #1

CBR Staff CBR Exclusives

Rupert Giles returns to high school, but as a student instead of a teacher! Dark Horse Comics' Giles #1 by Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander & Jon Lam

Watcher and former mentor to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He died and was resurrected as a pre-teen child. Now Rupert Giles steps into the spotlight to face his greatest challenge: High School!

When teachers start to go missing at an inner-city Los Angeles high school, potentially by mystical influences, Giles takes it upon himself to investigate. Not as teacher, but as a student!

CBR has your exclusive first look at Dark Horse Comics’ Giles #1, written by Joss Whedon & Erika Alexander, with art by Jon Lam. In stores February 28th, 2018.

GILES #1

•Joss Whedon & Erika Alexander (w) • Jon Lam (a)
    •Cover: Steve Morris

•From Joss Whedon and Erika Alexander comes a series that returns Buffy’s Rupert Giles to high school! But this time–as a grown man living in a teenage body–Giles will be a student instead of a teacher. At an inner-city LA-area school, when a mystical influence is detected and teachers start to go missing, Giles enrolls to investigate. What he finds is more than vampires and demons; something unusual and frightening is happening here. If Giles can get through one day as a student, he’ll have a chance to find out who, what, and where–but high school is still hell, y’all.

•In Shops: February 28th, 2018
    •SRP: $3.99

Spoiler:

Comment

• 4 and a half hours earlier huh? We're missing the opening pages. Roux's either evil or forced to work with it then...

Comment

• Covers and solicitation for Buffy S11:Giles #4.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...overs-giles-4/

Exclusive First Look at Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Giles #4

Posted by Dan Wickline February 13, 2018

Dark Horse has sent us an exclusive first look at the cover and variant cover for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Giles #4, the final issue of the miniseries written by Joss Whedon and Erika Alexander with art by Jon Lam. The cover is by Steve Morris while the variant is by Arielle Jovellanos.

The series has the de-aged Giles enrolling in a public school to investigate why teachers are mysteriously disappearing. Harkening back to the series original roots as a show set in a high school, Giles explores a very different school system from what he was used to at Sunnydale High. And while there he has discovered a mysterious girl named Roux and a demon under the school… definitely public school. Final issue of the miniseries.

Spoiler:
        Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Giles #4 (of 4)

Joss Whedon (W), Erika Alexander (W), Jon Lam (A), Dan Jackson (C), Steve Morris (Cover), Arielle Jovellanos (Variant cover)

On sale May 16 FC, 32 pages $3.99 Miniseries

Teen-aged Rupert Giles made his return to high school and in the process uncovered a demon underneath the school, and a very-attractive-yet-mysterious girl, Roux. As he prepares for the final showdown with the demon, Giles is troubled by revelations about Roux, and her extracurricular activities that aren’t the most savory.

. .
        Last edited by BAF; 15-02-18, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• We knew from the preview Roux was into something shady with the demon but a vamp? Not sure how I feel about that if the cover is literal.

Comment

• I've don't remember seeing anything official announcing it but the TPB for the Giles series, 'Girl Blue', is available for preordering on Amazon, out Sept 18th.

Comment

• Preview Pages for Giles # 4.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...-4#prettyPhoto

Buffy Season 11: Giles #4

Teen-aged Rupert Giles made his return to high school and in the process uncovered a demon underneath the school, and a very-attractive-yet-mysterious girl, Roux. As he prepares for the final showdown with the demon, Giles is troubled by revelations about Roux, and her extracurricular activities that arent the most savory. . .

Creators
              Writer:Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander
              Artist:Jon Lam
              Coloristan Jackson
              Cover Artist:Steve Morris

Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Action/Adventure

Publication Date:May 23, 2018Format:FC, 32 pages; MiniseriesPrice:$3.99UPC:7 61568 00240 9 00411

Spoiler:

Comment

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 Library Edition is due January 2020

https://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire...dp/1684154812/

Comment

• Is that new or one they were always intending to do? I thought the library editions of the DH releases had been stopped, but I couldn't remember if they had just said there wouldn't be one for S12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 Library Edition is due January 2020

https://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire...dp/1684154812/
                    It's £30 with tax on. The rate the pound's dropping, it'll be twice that much in 2020!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                      Is that new or one they were always intending to do? I thought the library editions of the DH releases had been stopped, but I couldn't remember if they had just said there wouldn't be one for S12.
                      I think they were always intending to do S11 & the Giles comic as a hardcover. I don't know what the plan is for S12, but if S11 sells well they might take a chance on producing a S12

Comment

• Doesn't seem to be on sale in the UK yet but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be. I'm toying with the idea of pre-ordering it from the US.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                          Doesn't seem to be on sale in the UK yet but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be. I'm toying with the idea of pre-ordering it from the US.
                          I'm going to wait till it's available in the UK.

I'm still hopeful they'll print a library edition of Angel & Faith S10. It'd be such a shame if that's the only series that doesn't get a library editon

Comment

• Wenxina observed that this S11 one is being published by Boom, so there may be a chance you will get the others too. I assume DH may receive part of the profits but it seems harsh they can't publish their own product any longer themselves. The digital copies seem to be off their digital store too. I wonder if it will restrict IDW as well and this is what has prompted them to do the whole legacy edition releases.

Comment

• Wenxina observed that this S11 one is being published by Boom
                              Yeah...I noticed that. Looks as though Fox (Disney now?) own all the rights so it's their decision.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...wars-escalate/
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X