Buffy Season 10 - Library Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It pleases me greatly that you're going out. Take an umbrella

Yes. None of the characters seem like themselves. Buffy is wearing a mini skirt and a cowl neck top, call-backs to previous ages of Buffy, or a little like Vicki too. She has different coloured eyes on either cover, and her hair is a different style. Willow also seems to have curly hair, when through S10 I remember her having a short straight bob (IIRC)

The drawing of Spike is . . . odd? He's portrayed as Night Fever Spike (thanks debbicles) but although he and Buffy are drawn as having sex in S10, we never see Spike this confidently open or sexual. In fact in S10 I would say he's even a little reticent about sex and their relationship. Does this all feed into your hybridity theory? Do you think we are meant to be seeing combinations of characters, so the covers are foreshadowing the final season? Perhaps the timeline splits in S10 and that's what the covers are telling us.

Comment

Prosaic answer: the cover artist used promo pictures from different seasons as reference materials.

Like this one from season 2:

This one from season 4:

And maybe this one for Willow (though here it is Xander wearing the tights):

https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

I don't know much about comics or comic book artists, but is that usual for a cover artists? I thought it would be sort of expected of them to have read the season (or at least look at it) and reflect that on the cover. Unless they'd been asked to do something a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I don't know much about comics or comic book artists, but is that usual for a cover artists? I thought it would be sort of expected of them to have read the season (or at least look at it) and reflect that on the cover. Unless they'd been asked to do something a little different.
          I think the covers are often made way in advance and do not necessarily reflect closely what is happening in the story. Also, sometimes it is really clear to see which photos they used as a reference (as in this case). Not always, but it's definitely not unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
            I think the covers are often made way in advance and do not necessarily reflect closely what is happening in the story. Also, sometimes it is really clear to see which photos they used as a reference (as in this case). Not always, but it's definitely not unusual.
            Ha...prosaic is just...well...prosaic. Wild speculation that has people bouncing off walls (particularly if you don't like those people - so that doesn't include "my peeps" here ) is fun. Okay...and occasionally vindictive. But - I ask you - when did a little vindictiveness hurt anybody? Plus - if the speculation proves to be right you get to be smug. (Sigh...why is there no emoji for smug?) If it's wrong, you just dismiss it as speculation. What's not to like?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by debbicles View Post
              ...drum roll, ladies and gentlemen...I present:

Night Fever Spike!

Ta dah!!
              I love it, and it gave me the inspiration to make this:

Spoiler:

Thank you for the great idea!

Comment

What? How? What? Can I be blind too? Lol
                ā€œ

I like who I am when Iā€™m with him. I like who we are together.ā€

Comment

Cover of the third volume of the library edition of Season 10

Comment

What's with the lilies? I don't recall a death - unless there are only three editions and this is the final one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                      What's with the lilies? I don't recall a death - unless there are only three editions and this is the final one.
                      Anya 2.0 got cooked by D' Hoffryn

Comment

Wasn't Xander turned to ash for a while, then restored?

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Priceless - Yes - Xander's "death" was the only one I could recall but I thought it came close to the end? So this is only three volumes like A&F? Ahhh... no...Thanks Dan Slayer I'd forgotten Anya 2 died.
                          Last edited by TriBel; 09-05-18, 08:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Season 10 Library edition for $7

https://www.tfaw.com/DOD

Comment

What the heck is Willow wearing on that front cover.

Comment

What the heck is Willow wearing on that front cover.
                                Looks like it's inspired by her outfit from issue #14 and #15. I love that outfit. The one on the cover though? Not as much. Still, this is Willow, she's always been...extravagant. Quirky-but-not-quite-tacky and ludicrously colorful is kinda her style.

Comment

Working...
                                X