Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy # 14 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morphia View Post
    I think it'll probably be that he'll break free on his own, if only because he appears to be still in a relationship with Buffy in following issues. I can't see her continuing that if she thought he might suddenly go all bite!kill!destroy! on her and her friends any moment.
    And add Angel to the mix - the other vampire connected to Archaeus - would they (the Scoobies) want him in San Francisco if it meant to double the risk?
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

sigpic

Comment

I got my copy of Buffy # 14,"Relationship Status:Complicated" Part I yesterday.

This past week has been pretty hellish for me so I will keep this pretty short.Didn't really care for the issue.There were little moments in the issue I like such as the Xander and Dawn Star Wars/head slap bit.

I think the stuff with Archaeus could be interesting but I know this is playing havoc with the mythology.Will see where this goes in the next issue and the following arc.

My feelings on the Buffy/Spike stuff are already known so this aspect of the season and issue I'm just not going to enjoy.I'm glad for the people who are right now but again,not my cup of tea.

The trip through Spike's mind was boring to me.The spuffy aspects aside,I was hoping to see more of Spike's backstory.Some newer stuff.

So those are my brief thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by BAF View Post
        The trip through Spike's mind was boring to me.The spuffy aspects aside,I was hoping to see more of Spike's backstory.Some newer stuff.
        I won't get my copy until (hopefully) next weekend, but your comment seems to be the consensus amongst almost all fans, regardless of their stance on Spuffy. Even Spuffies have made the same comment, or variations thereof.

Comment

I think this all has to do with how souls gain bodies and gain demons, and do the mixy toward the”meet in the middle” aka a “normal human;”but also deals with what is the nature of the “magic seed”—aka ovum, even if Magic is Will. See Willow, Liam, William. So all this boils down to the big “surprise” that Buffy has a * vampire * demon at the bottom of her slayer powers, which explains a lot in her self sabotaging behavior.

That is how they are all one big boinking family o’ big love as we are talking about the same old metaphysical divides of body and soul and the notion of Anima/Animus, which, as you know, is the locomotion that binds body to soul from those OLD ONES, ancestors of Goddom, evil, jerkdom, and rebellion, as well as, the connecting ancestory of DNA.

The “wishes/want/will” they all have written in the “Book of Life” usually involve the part that Death is inseparable from it, and who controls the Magic controls TIME—so count on Buffy’s continued childhood, even as the “decay” of the world continues into more and more ‘species; and specious arguments for avoiding actual maturity.

I guess, other than all this metaphysical stuff, I really only want to know 1. how NEW POTENTIAL(s) will be called, since Buffy/Willow called them all, all over the world and 2. an on screen meeting of Buffy and Connor,which is a lot more interesting to me than repeating the Twilight God creating himself from picking his parents through time, much as Dru became the grandmother to herself, made through Master/Darla,Angel, Spike/Dru—which is why the Time Lord Illyria whining about “you didn’t care about me” is laughable in the “natural order” of canon, when he was marauding around, conquering other gods (which might be the mixy of daemon to become various species of demon, once the element of “corrupting flesh” to have effect on this plane is added to the story, of brats, Dads, and becoming a human person—whatever identifies that characteristically in the blend of “life force-daemon” aka anima/animus carried in the physicality of “blood power” and DNA—offered liberally to the gods on various altars/beds for that reason.

I suppose we could look at the fairy tale of the dog, turtle and bird, with the (faithful) dog “bringing on the night” of id, as (survival is foremost in ‘purpose’), even if its illusions no longer serve the predator/prey “genetic memory.” After all, the likelihood of an alligator squeezing through the tub drain to eat you, is less likely than falling and breaking your head, but the former gets the adrenalin rushing before rationality strikes, while breaking your head, whose adrenalin strikes memory/reason/and emotional, eureka experience, after the fall, to regain “balance,’ might often be described as amusing, along with mislaid banana peels. (The point, of course, is “we” might have stayed in trees.

We all might recognize that some species are “cursed” by the inconstant sun, and others by the eternal moon, while recognizing that the “perfect symmetry” (of true love) is inherently destabilizing and created the big bang (Sagan sez and we discover the Higgs boson, the God particle that gives “stuff” mass, which points to around 95 percent of the universe having no explanation whatsoever, (dark matter/energy); but I can tell you this: there are no green stars, so that explains the green and glowy of evil in that domain of “losing purchase” in a universe of quantum mechanics-and that mathematically existing string theory of less than a dozen universes, which can never be tested, as we physically can’t go there to look).

So, basically all this “purity of essence” stuff and thank you, Dr. Strangelove, is all about the Buffy of me in everybody to answer that “it’s all about blood” in the inquiry of who owns the ‘magic seed” in that “ who I am” and “where did I came from” in the barriers of body/soul and brain/imagination, when memory is an unreliable agent and those “blanks” in genes actually afford giagantor leaps in evolution, (much as those great electrical leaps across the great divide of axions that transport experience into “flesh” and create the energy/matter of those uncharted combinations of “new information.” http://www.majordifferences.com/2013...dendrites.html ).

So! We continue with the Oedipal boring of Angel in gods, monsters, and me in mine, with Buffy “just maybe” using the way back machine of “memory is me” of her greatest fear of becoming a vampire—who had a natural face with fangs, BTW, and a rather passive approach to “hunger”—the great evil of desire that drives all, including Big Daddy’s interest and control over that “magic.” (see Magic is Will). Not to mention “the Breath that made man a living soul, whether in the baby factory of the fallopian tube, or only to the Breath forced in upon cutting the cord and the noisy protest for such invasion in the declaration of a person.

And thank you, American Aurora, for noting that Odysseus and Oedipus, both having their Osiris-Isis moments, that love/life/death sucks, is why our heroes are actually stuck, as the world decays between their ears. So, obviously, I was counting on the world or Buffy in season 8, and we got the internalization of the father, also "undone" for the avatar and vampire's perfect reflection of each other.

HUGS!
          sybil

Comment

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
            Super disappointment for me as well. I can't believe that we didn't get anything at all about William - or Buffy making the realization that Spike may not have been as honest as she thought about his past life. I'm wondering whether Gage was told to leave certain things alone - or maybe he was afraid of changing anything that Whedon had already blurred - like letting us know if Buffy knew about Spike's time at Wolfram and Hart - or when she discovered he was alive.
            About William, I believe it was left out because the dark line Buffy was following guided her to Drusilla. For me, what is missing is chipped-in-love Spike and Spike at W&H.

And I hope that, in future issues, they tell us how Buffy found out that Spike was alive and her reaction to it.
            Last edited by betta; 27-04-15, 10:12 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Does anybody have any idea what sybil's talking about?

Comment

Not a clue.

Comment

“World building” in the metaphysical nature and duality of that which is uniformly recognized as “reality” when asking “Where do I come from” and “who am I;" an attempt to synthesize the McPlot of "we are family."
                  HUGS!
                  sybil

Comment

The error about what Giles said concerning the link between Archaeus and The Master (siring/essence) has been corrected in Volume 3 Love Dares You.

sigpic

Comment

What has it changed to??

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                        What has it changed to??
                        From "sired The Master directly" to "Archaeus' essence animated him".

- - - Updated - - -

Here they are:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X