X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Season 10 Thread 2 - Discussion, Speculation and News

Here's the new thread
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Do we have an official title for Issue 7 of the Buffy book? Wikipedia lists it as "I Wish, Part II" but is that confirmed? I know Christos said 8-9 is the "Return To Sunnydale"

Comment

I think the Giles situation is going to be clarified by the end of the season. I believe the first Buffy issue of Season 10 hinted at this when Buffy described Willow's issues about losing a "father". That is most probably referring to Giles and his issues with being a kid again I think will play in the finale. If it's true the theme about Season 10 is about "growing up"...then it's highly possible one aspect of growing up is "letting go". Buffy will be faced with a big decision about Giles and letting him go could be that decision.

Since this season is about the new rules of magic...I have to wonder if this is hinting at a big change coming by the end of the season suggesting what ails Giles may actually be part of what's wrong with the Scoobies today. I can't discount the possibility all of this is a possible setup for a complete reboot of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
        Do we have an official title for Issue 7 of the Buffy book? Wikipedia lists it as "I Wish, Part II" but is that confirmed? I know Christos said 8-9 is the "Return To Sunnydale"
        Issue 6 was titled,"I Wish Part I."

So I assumed issue 7 is "I Wish Part II." and issue 6-7 is a two issue arc followed by issues 8-9 which is the third season 10 arc,"Return To Sunnydale."

Comment

Oh right. I was just wondering if they would do a different title for it. I know the 2nd trade is called I Wish, but it will have the Sunnydale arc in it as well. I thought maybe the Spike/Xander Roommate Issue might have a different name. Sort of like how they had what were essentially one-shots all together in the trade but named them all together as Predators and Prey.

Comment

Preview pages for Buffy # 7.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23244

EXCL PREVIEW: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" #7 Alters Magic Law

Xander & Spike may fix their lives through the Book of Magical Laws in Christos Gage, Nicholas Brendon & Rebekah Isaacs' "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" #7

As Spike and Xander bond—while also seriously getting on each other’s nerves—they are tempted to start writing some rules of their own in the book of magical laws . . . concerning Buffy and Dawn!

Spoiler:

Comment

OK, I like this new living arrangement. Buffy/Dawn/Willow together and Spike/Xander. They basically acknowledge this is like Friends right on the page. It should cut down on "gathering the gang" panels which I support. I wonder if Giles is moving in with the guys? The only one disconnected from the setting right now is Andrew and he's always been a tertiary Scooby anyway.

Um...what exactly is a bike messenger? A process server?
              Last edited by DanSlayer; 02-09-14, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Pretty much what it sounds like. Sometimes messages have to be delivered in person, so email or fax are not an option. Also, sometimes a package needs to be delivered to another building in town and it needs to get their quickly. Bike messaging are big in New York and other large, relatively compact cities. Bike messengers use specially modified bikes that don't even have breaks, or at least that's what I've heard.
                “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PointMan View Post
                  Pretty much what it sounds like. Sometimes messages have to be delivered in person, so email or fax are not an option. Also, sometimes a package needs to be delivered to another building in town and it needs to get their quickly. Bike messaging are big in New York and other large, relatively compact cities. Bike messengers use specially modified bikes that don't even have breaks, or at least that's what I've heard.
                  OK, that makes a lot more sense. In my city the people that usually do that kind of thing just take their own cars. I was imagining Dawn on a pedal-power bike with a bunch of documents in a basket...
                  Last edited by DanSlayer; 03-09-14, 12:32 AM.

Comment

OK, I like this new living arrangement. Buffy/Dawn/Willow together and Spike/Xander. They basically acknowledge this is like Friends right on the page. It should cut down on "gathering the gang" panels which I support. I wonder if Giles is moving in with the guys? The only one disconnected from the setting right now is Andrew and he's always been a tertiary Scooby anyway.

I'm noticing some issues with this living arrangement. Dawn is obviously not going to be with Buffy indefinitely sharing that living arrangement when things cool off between her and Xander. So she's going to leave that nest when the time comes. It's the living arrangements between Buffy and Willow that's going to be interesting to watch. What's going to happen when either of them find someone to share the night with? Do they give a heads up and tell the other to scram and take a hike?

There's nothing permanent about this living arrangement except as a temporary holdover until the writers figure out who really goes where. I think of it as a case of musical chairs and the characters circling around them until they find their seats. This would be different if this setup is considered the new normal for the Scoobie gang and the way it's being presented...I'm not buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyFan1 View Post
                      I'm noticing some issues with this living arrangement. Dawn is obviously not going to be with Buffy indefinitely sharing that living arrangement when things cool off between her and Xander. So she's going to leave that nest when the time comes. It's the living arrangements between Buffy and Willow that's going to be interesting to watch. What's going to happen when either of them find someone to share the night with? Do they give a heads up and tell the other to scram and take a hike?

There's nothing permanent about this living arrangement except as a temporary holdover until the writers figure out who really goes where. I think of it as a case of musical chairs and the characters circling around them until they find their seats. This would be different if this setup is considered the new normal for the Scoobie gang and the way it's being presented...I'm not buying it.
                      After specifically using two issues to build this living arrangement, I doubt Christos would destroy it, maybe in the final arc but that is pretty much two years away for him and us fans. The S9 Buffy book had a lot of loose ends that Christos has had to tie up and bring back to Scooby bond after they were all separated last season. In one of the first issues Buffy directly states they are as close as they have been since before she died (the second time). Christos is not a perfect writer but he doesn't really leave loose ends or waste issues or panel space. He/they won't break up this new living arrangement that also has a mild mythology in it anytime soon.

Whose to say Dawn's going to cool from Xander, he very clearly wants her back, and they only broke up because of Dawn's emotional turmoil, not as a result of anything Xander did. Yes, the Anya thing is a problem but right now it has no bearing on Dawn as she has no idea about it.

If anyone leaves it'll probably be Spike after butting heads with Xander and being unable to "fit in" with humans, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon either. Doing so is a retread of things he and Angel have already done and they do seem to be making legitimate progress in the Scoobies personal lives for the first time in a very long time, I might even say since early S7, as is Faith. Even Angel is doing something different that so far has no connection to the PTB or Wolfram & Hart. So I don't think they'd just put Spike in another crypt of space-ship.

As for night guests, the writers tried to give Buffy a new love interest in Dowling and it did not go well so Christos ended it early on. There are hints of some kind of interaction with Angel sometime this season but who knows how they are going to address Twilight Times and any feelings they have about each other. Spike is as close by to Buffy since the end of the show but for the moment they are just "mature equal friends". I doubt they'd bring back Tara, and I don't think many people are eager for Kennedy to come back, and she's currently busy in Faith's story anyway. Somebody new would probably just go the Dowling route and fizzle out. Any major shipping will probably be Xander/Dawn while they continue the Bangel & Spuffy dance without committing to either one.

Comment

After specifically using two issues to build this living arrangement, I doubt Christos would destroy it, maybe in the final arc but that is pretty much two years away for him and us fans.
                        This only proves my point...this arrangement was designed to be a temporary placeholder. Sort of like having a corkboard and rearranging the Post-It notes until they fit your needs. Place Buffy, Dawn and Willow here. Put Xander and Spike over there. Stir the pot for the next two years and then whammo! pull a Fleetwood Mac and let them "Go Your Own Way." In my opinion this is a cheap shot. It's not an authentic characterization of the Scoobies if they put them in this arrangement only to blow it up in a few years. Remember that "the next two years" is referring to Season 10 which in real time would only be six months.

Comment

Is it just me or does this issue look ****ing hilarious? I'm getting Him level vibes of hilarity.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaddyMan1 View Post
                            Is it just me or does this issue look ****ing hilarious? I'm getting Him level vibes of hilarity.
                            I'm really looking forward to this issue. A Spike/Xander friendship with mutual respect and mutual snark is on the cards. I've enjoyed the Nick Brendon co-written #3-5 very much and am looking forward to more of his contributions !

Comment

No body is more excited about this as me!! Biggest Spander fan is going to order this one in advance
                              Made by Trickyboxes
                              Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
                              X