Angel + Spike #14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel + Spike #14

Detective Kate Lockley is getting pulled further into Angel's supernatural world, but may have a connection to his violent past that neither of ever expected! Meanwhile, Fred taps into a dangerous new magic...and that may just be part of Wolfram & Hart's master plan.
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 09-09-20, 12:15 AM.

Oh god, that last one. An awful re-do of the artwork from IDW's Spike asylum but without Franco Urru's class If I'm not mistaken.

Comment

First look!

Comment

Is this issue Boom's take on puppet!Angel? Everyone looks like large cardboard boxes of themselves. It's not bad art, but it isn't my taste - I'm hoping this is just the style for this issue.
        icon credit: vampkiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccan Rosenberg View Post
          Everyone looks like large cardboard boxes of themselves.
          Ha ha, well put. Maybe I'd like the art if it was for another comic, with original characters, but for Angel? No.
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Ive read the comic twice and I wish the art wasn't so fugly. It is dynamic and it moves well but it is soo fugly. I bet the highest selling comic is Willow mostly because of the pretty art. I wonder why BOOM keeps putting fugly artwork on the main titles.

As for the story, I enjoyed it- the continuity references, the political satire at Wolfram & Hart, the different voice captions, and the overt subtext between Spike and Angel. I thought the werewolf would turn out to be Doyle.

Comment

I have volume 1 on order but it isn't out until the end of November and I've not seen anything about a volume 2 yet. Volume 1 collects 9-12. I have a pile of the Boom comics now but haven't read them yet (the BtVS/Angel ones up to and including Hellmouth). I really should read them and not just keep blindly buying them. I had told myself that I wouldn't get any after Hellmouth until I'd read them, but I really liked the cover art for these Spike/Angel ones.

Comment

I really don't like the art, and the whole Kate/Mara thing is not that great either.

Comment

I rapidly came to the conclusion that Boom comics were not great company to hand this franchise too. They don't have a bloody clue and can't write to save their damn lives.

Comment

Working...
                  X