Buffy the Vampire Slayer #18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer #18

The conflict brewing between Buffy and Kendra has finally come to a head! With multiple allies injured, the two Slayers feel they can no longer compromise-which is the perfect opportunity for the new Big Bad to make his move...
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 13-09-20, 09:48 PM.

Preview:

Comment

Is it me or does Buffy look like Sailor Moon?

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

It's over. Bangel is finished.

Comment

Instead we get Bobin. Or is there any other established ship name for Buffy and Robin?

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I'm not sure, the pairing is rarer than wuffara (don't ask, don't even google it) Like, it can't be Ruffy 'cause that's Buffy/Riley so Bobin's fine, I guess, could be Woob, maybe? Woob sounds better. Anyway, what's important is that it's NOT bangel. Like, I remember, I mean, it wasn't that long ago, when this series was announced and I was telling you all - there's no way they're going to do Buffy/Angel, it's 2020 and it's a Disney IP - no chance. And there were some dummies here that were all, obnoxious smugness and indignation included, Buffy's and Angel's relationship is an *integral* part of the franchise, it's an *iconic* *beloved* *popular* pairing <phlegm noises> and implied promise and popular and blah blah blah they *will* do it I'm a brain-dead shipper. Yeah, well, guess who's laughing now?

Comment

You can be pleased without insulting other people. I think it would have been more surprising if they had gone for not even teasing it, which they did from what I've seen so far. That they have actually then gone in a different direction is kind of the remit of the alt version. Although they seem in some ways to be taking the idea of not disappointing anyone that the canon tried to end with to an alternate variation where you possibly offer a literal everything if the multiple universes plays out.

I really need to sit and read my TPBs now I have them all through to the hellmouth bunch and the first Angel and Spike on the way.

Comment

Working...
              X