No announcement yet.

Spike: The Complete Series is MIA.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike: The Complete Series is MIA.....

Does anyone know where I can find the Brian Lynch Spike comics collected into one book, "Spike: The complete Series"? Has Willow and Spike on the cover. I've been looking everywhere, but all places are "out of stock" or "unavailable"....no one selling on ebay either, I don't think....

Thanks!!!

Sorry I had a quick look and only managed to find the single release on Amazon for laughably over £500!!!!! They did release it in a volume 1 and 2, which is the format I bought, but they are also fairly pricey. Nothing like the complete series in a single issue, more like £35-40 each. But still, that's huge.

Comment

Yeah that's exactly what I'm finding......It's almost like, of the number of printings they made, none of the stores have them anymore and everyone who owns it isn't looking to give it up/sell it (except for that one kind person selling a used copy for $500 USD lol ).

Would love to get my hands on it, because I prefer owning/reading hardcopies, especially issues collected together in volumes, and it has possibly my favorite cover......

9781613772850.jpg

Comment

• Double Dutchess
        Double Dutchess commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that cover too. The price is appalling though!

Bookfinder shows the lowest price for this edition is 335$ without shipping. There are some other sellers on Amazon, but their prices are higher. So maybe if you're rich enough...

Comment

• SpikeRocks
        SpikeRocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Oy vey *shakes head*

Wow, I have seen this on amazon in Germany for 90 Euros (used) and thought it’s a ridiculous price. I should have bought it!

I guess your best choice is to watch amazon and eBay closely and hope for a seller who doesn’t know it’s being sold for such a high price. Maybe try amazon or eBay in other countries too.

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

This is all so depressing. I owned this trade paperback once upon a time and sold it. I think it went for £10. If I'd hung onto it, I could have made a fortune!

Comment

Why did you sell it?

flow

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
            Why did you sell it?

flow
            Must have needed the money. I do occasionally sell a lot of my stuff if I need money for something. I'm quite frugal and sell all my old clothes on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              This is all so depressing. I owned this trade paperback once upon a time and sold it. I think it went for £10. If I'd hung onto it, I could have made a fortune!
              Not necessarily. Often what sellers ask for something doesn't end up selling at that price. Thats why places like eBay can be so misleading when it comes to collectables.

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                True, I've often had to reduce my price if the item doesn't sell first go around.

Hopefully Boom will reprint all of the IDW Angel/Spike/Illyria comics in the near future.
              My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

• eevol76vamp
                eevol76vamp commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a bad feeling that IDW still has the rights. Ill be surprised if Boom does reprint them. Even if they do they will probably do it without the covers.

I'm quite frugal and sell all my old clothes on Ebay.
              I often feel bad about throwing stuff away that's still usable. I'd like to think someone else could still need it or wear it but when I put it up on ebay local for free no one is interested at all. I can't imagine finding someone who would actually buy anything from me

flow

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                We take a lot of clothing to charity shops, particularly as the kids outgrow things so rapidly.

• flow
                flow commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, me too. Sometimes my son has rarely ever worn it like snow boots or winter jackets or lately a suit we bought for his aunt's wedding last year.

• TriBel
                TriBel commented
                Editing a comment
                Groan...can we not talk about it please? I take everything to charity shops or give stuff away. When I moved I left my dressmaking patterns; my overlocker and an electronic knitting machine at my mum's. I eventually told her she could let a friend have them. I decided recently I might take it up again. Then discovered it'll cost me about £8000 to replace it all. I hate myself at the moment.

I've just noticed it's still available on Amazon Germany:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01FKUV3Q4/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

flow

Comment

• SpikeRocks
                SpikeRocks commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh good find! That price is way more reasonable! Except in red letters amazon tells me "this product can't be shipped to your delivery location".....ballz....

I can't see it either. I've got the Complete Series (£13.50 in 2017) and the Spike Omnibus (both IDW but I can't remember the difference). I think I bought all of mine in the space of about 6 months in '17. Seemed to be the right time to buy.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X