Angel + Spike #11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel + Spike #11

With a rogue demon on the loose, Team Spike is running out of time to save the life of an innocent boy — but Wolfram & Hart claim to have the solution. With real demons in the equation, is a deal with the devil worth it?

Comment

Wow, I really like the style of this cover. Only the cross sticking out of Angel‘s head annoys me.

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Is the first picture warped or has Spike's head been stretched really weirdly?? I think it might be intended that he's what they're thinking about and so it's supposed to be showing him as not truly there, but it just looks really strange. The rest of the artwork is pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                Is the first picture warped or has Spike's head been stretched really weirdly?? I think it might be intended that he's what they're thinking about and so it's supposed to be showing him as not truly there, but it just looks really strange. The rest of the artwork is pretty great.
                Yes it looks like he's being projected onto a cloth behind their heads, and the cloth hasn't been ironed

I like the Gunn/Fred cover. I think it's Fred, it could be Lilah.

Comment

He's a projection that's oscillating/rippling, I think (very 70s/80s). I'm presuming it's not literal but meant to represent him being at the forefront of all their minds - looks like a lot of introspection going on. If it is literal...well...he can't use the term Captain Forehead without irony. Quite like the cover.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Stoney
                    Stoney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes him being what they are thinking about was my assumption, it still irritates me though because it's warpy.

• TriBel
                    TriBel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stoney - I like it if it's what I think it is - the inward looking expressions are very good. If it isn't what I think it is - it's shite! He really needs to wobble a bit more.

• Stoney
                    Stoney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took it to be the same thing, but I still don't like it.

The comics called Angel and Spike, so how come tow of these covers don't even feature them?

Comment

PREVIEW:

Comment

"Who the Hell are you people?" Good question as they act like no characters I'm familiar with.

Comment

Other than Fred and the new character Lilith, all the characters seem familiar if de-aged. Spike sounds like Spike even if he shouldn't be good without a soul. Fred is different I'll give you that. She seems like Willow-lite or Dark Phoenix. However, at least she's not being paired with every male in sight like she was in the classic continuity.

I think Lilith has the same role in the plot that the Oracles did in Angel season 1. Yet there is a good reason the writers killed them off. Angel needs to get the training wheels of prophecy off sometime and do his own thing. As much as Hill may not like it he might have to depower or kill Lilith at some point or write her out.

Comment

Working...
                        X