No announcement yet.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seem pretty transparent that they're just trying to bind everything together a bit, just enough to get as much cross-selling for all the varying titles they try to spread their story over for maximum profits. There's the option within that to offer so many realities that everyone will be happy. It definitely risks diluting the characters a little though if they take it too far. What was perfect about The Wish was that it was a distinctly different version of Buffy that was in character and plausible. If they go for too much variety (so version A will have something specifically identifiably different in direction/shipping/outlook to version B as will version C, version D, ...E, F, G, and on and on) it gets a bit ridiculous. Particularly with the shipping, just creating different versions to pair up different characters over and over. If they go for there often being more subtle differences or times where the differences are harder to see, that could possibly be far more interesting imo.

Comment

I'm hoping for some absurd comedy here such as the toddler Buffy from the picture book beating the crap out of poor Angel and Spike in the background while Boom Buffy and our Buffy are arguing in the foreground.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
        Is It just me or does this rather smack of desperation on Booms part? That they are so unconfident with the readership response/numbers that to boast sales they feel they need to drag the originals back into the mix?
        Yeah, they are throwing anything out and seeing what sticks. IMO, their best bet would be OG stuff set in the original canon. There's plenty of market for stories telling the hinted-at and in-between storylines. Faith before SD, monkeys attacking the school play, etc.

Comment

The original buffyverse novels did that and eventually went belly up a few years after the shows ended. That is probably why the Boom comics did the reboot instead.

Comment

And they sold rather well until they did. I'm sure Boom would kill for the 1998-2005 level of sales of Buffy merch.

Comment

Originally posted by eevol76vamp View Post
              The original buffyverse novels did that and eventually went belly up a few years after the shows ended. That is probably why the Boom comics did the reboot instead.
              Dark Horse did that as well with the High-School series. Nobody bought it, it just doesn't work, the only time that sort of thing made sense was when the show was still airing.

Comment

Willow the comic has pretty art but as for the story... I found it somewhat similiar to the subplot in Willow: Wonderland where she ends up distracted by a community of witches where things are not what they seem. There are major differences but it seems too been there, done that to me. I'll have to read future issues so hopefully there will be surprises.

The images that Willow sees seem to be future events not alternate timelines.

Comment

SECOND PRINTING

Comment

Come back home Willow! I know you're out there somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                    X