Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Angel & Spike #10

Variant cover by Natalie Barahona.

Like the cover, but imo the likenesses are waaaaay off. Maybe they feel they don't need to bother as these aren't really the real characters?

Comment

Preview:

Comment

Kate looks good! I am glad they included her.

flow
        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I'm probably won't be reading the issue this week.My state,Maryland just closed this morning all non essential businesses.I'll have to see what my comic shop is planning.If they are doing mail order.I'll be honest,I always pay for my comics with cash.I never use credit cards because I need my cards for other stuff so if they are doing mail order,I'll have to decide what to do.

ETA

One more cover for this week's BOOM! Angel & Spike # 10.

Wenxina's advanced review of Angel & Spike # 10.

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/pr...ic-book-review

Also a little good news.I called my comic shop about what the plans are after they close down a 5pm.They said that they are still determining those issues but that this week's comics,they have permission to sell early due to the shutdown in Maryland.If I could get up there before 5pm,I could get this week's comics which I did.So I have Angel & Spike # 10 and my other books for this week..Haven't read any of them yet but I do have them.The owner said to keep an eye on their site for info about how they will handle getting books out to customers if at all.He noted to me that many of the publishers are probably going to be rolling back and delaying releases going forward probably for the next few months until things improve with the virus.

So I wouldn't be surprised if BOOM! begins delaying the release of there titles soon.
          Last edited by BAF; 23-03-20, 09:57 PM.

Comment

So has anyone else read issue #10 by now? I thought there was an interesting dynamic between Angel and Spike in this issue, with Spike taking on the role of leader while Angel was brooding. Not something we've seen before! I mean, the Spike taking on leadership part. Of course we know from the TV show that Spike can be a leader, but not normally when Angel is around.

I hope we will get to see some Angel and Spike flashbacks at some point.

I have given up on the Buffy comics, but I will keep reading the Angel ones (if they keep being published).
            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
              So has anyone else read issue #10 by now? I thought there was an interesting dynamic between Angel and Spike in this issue, with Spike taking on the role of leader while Angel was brooding. Not something we've seen before! I mean, the Spike taking on leadership part. Of course we know from the TV show that Spike can be a leader, but not normally when Angel is around.

I hope we will get to see some Angel and Spike flashbacks at some point.

I have given up on the Buffy comics, but I will keep reading the Angel ones (if they keep being published).
              Yes I've read it and really enjoyed it. The first few pages were all fight scene, but pretty well done. Surprisingly it got better when the dialogue kicked in (I have very low expectations of these Boom comics) Spike got all the best lines, he was good when poking fun at Angel and trying to give him a pep talk. Kate was also written well and I liked her jibes about kids, millennials and the woke. The characters are far more interesting than the story so far, though we still don't really know who the baddie is or what he wants.

So much better than the Buffy comic I'm sad to say, and I agree Double Dutchess, I probably won't be reading them. Although I don't think anymore are going to be published any time soon, with the pandemic. I wonder if they'll publish digitally until they can get print copies out?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                The characters are far more interesting than the story so far
                I think you hit the nail on the head with that. I had been wondering why I like these comics so much in spite of the fact that I'm not really "getting" the story so far.

I hope the comics will keep being published digitally, but I regret that will mean I will no longer be able to support my local comics shop by buying them -- it's a great shop and run by two very nice guys
                https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Priceless
                  Priceless commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am sure Boom will publish a paper copy when it can.
              Working...
              X