BOOM! Buffy #13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Buffy #13

After the game-changing conclusion to Hellmouth, The Slayer must defend Sunnydale… AND IT’S KENDRA? But as The New Slayer must confront an all-new threat to the ENTIRE WORLD, she’ll need to pull the Scooby gang together once more after what happened to Buffy… WAIT… WHAT HAPPENED TO BUFFY? The new era of the Whedonverse starts here!

Oh no, I don't like the sound of this

Comment

• TriBel
      TriBel commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't like the Buffy cover - it looks like a perverse knitting pattern.

PREVIEW!

Comment

I really like the art. The dialogue isn't amazing, and is this comic still called Buffy the Vampire Slayer pr are they changing it to Kendra (and then we'll get a Willow the Vampire Slayer etc.)?

Comment

It looks like a Steven Universe comic. Man, they are bombing with the art on this comic. And yeah, is this even Buffy's comic anymore? Also, why must every treat seemingly be a GLOBAL APOCALYPSE! I had hoped BOOM would take the opportunity that bringing it all back to High School would present, and keep things on a smaller scale than season 8 and onward, but no … here comes another apocalypse!
        "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it."

Comment

Meh...I'm with Kendra in the last frame.................
          sigpic

Comment

Where even are they? Are they in a planetarium? Or is there wallpaper in the jungle, why is there a rocket? Unless this is an alternative universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Where even are they? Are they in a planetarium? Or is there wallpaper in the jungle, why is there a rocket? Unless this is an alternative universe.
              Oh I'm really confused. Initially, I thought she was on a pier or something similar - I thought the "dust" was a wave crashing over it! I didn't notice the bloody space ships! It's called Ring of Fire (very 50s spaceships). Ring made me think of Saturn (hence spaceships) but the Ring of Fire is a ring of volcanoes in the Pacific (including the West Coast of America). I suppose it's feasible that these are kinda "hell-mouthy"? Maybe it's a dream - it'd explain the incongruity.

The only other thing I've got is this:

"With the help of no distractions..." ? Kendra's in luuuurve..........
              Last edited by TriBel; 24-02-20, 09:28 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

If it's aliens, I'm out

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  If it's aliens, I'm out
                  Just watch the first 15 seconds!

sigpic

Comment

Is it meant to be an homage to sci fi films of the 50's? I'd actually buy that, as it makes as much sense as anything else I can come up with.

Kendra looks to be on a roof as her watcher is looking up at her, then a few panels later, she's lower than him. Even the perspective is off.

Just stalked the artist on twitter, not a mention of Boom or doing the Buffy comics. Maybe she's just not proud of her work

Comment

Priceless - I dunno - I was joking because of the dodgy spaceship but when I flicked through the films, like you, I thought - "that might work". Becoming a slayer is a bit like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" - the thing with Buffy was that she wasn't a pod person. I've no idea...maybe it's Kendra's "Restless" moment? Speculating about it is more fun than the actuality! Wasn't Buffy at the cinema on one of the covers?
                      sigpic

Comment

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/...ire-slayer-13/

Comic Book Preview – Buffy the Vampire Slayer #13

FEBRUARY 28, 2020 BY AMIE CRANSWICK LEAVE A COMMENT
                        Tweet
                        Reddit
                        Flip
                        Pin
                        Boom! Studios releases Buffy the Vampire Slayer #13 this coming Wednesday, and you can check out a preview of the issue right here…

After the game-changing conclusion to Hellmouth, The Slayer must defend Sunnydale…AND IT’S KENDRA?

But as The New Slayer must confront an all-new threat to the ENTIRE WORLD, she’ll need to pull the Scooby gang together once more after what happened to Buffy…

WAIT…WHAT HAPPENED TO BUFFY?

The next era of the Whedonverse starts here!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #13 is out on March 4th, priced $3.99.

It's a Billboard!

Comment

Wenxina's spoilerish advanced review for tomorrow's BOOM! Buffy # 13.

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/pr...ic-book-review

Comment

To steal a line from Wenxina, it's a bit of a bummer that there's no BUFFY in Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic

I am pleased Kendra's getting some backstory, though they couldn't have made Jamaica more ridiculously perfect. I have a friend who worked in Kingston for three years and it's a very dangerous place, she had to travel with armed guards. Gang violence is everywhere and the country has one of the highest murder rates in the world. Maybe Bellaire will touch on this, maybe not.

I agree with the reviewer that making Kendra so similar to Buffy may change their relationship, then I remember Buffy has no set personality, she's whatever you want her to be at any one time, so problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                            X