No announcement yet.

BOOM! Angel & Spike #9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to two right now, but there is a Slayer anthology planned and I expect that as Willow has gone to study abroad (or something) she'll probably get her own title soon. I think that can only be a good thing for Buffy
    I think that Willow the witch is leaving Sunnydale to make place for Willow the Vampire Slayer.
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 15-02-20, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
      I think that Willow the witch is leaving Sunnydale to make place for Willow the Vampire Slayer.
      Haven't we already seen Willow the slayer in a preview? Maybe this is one of Anya's different dimensions, where Willow is the Slayer, and another dimension where Cordy's the slayer, and Rose etc.

Comment

Okay...it's all too complicated for me - towel thrown in. On the subject of Spike's footwear, there's no way he'd wear sneakers - - they're Low-top Converse. It's a whole different vibe!
        sigpic

Comment

I like the trainers. I don't think the change of footwear will affect Spike's character too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

But I don't think you can say Boom are just re-writing the original.
            Sadly they don't have that much talent.

Comment

I like the trainers. I don't think the change of footwear will affect Spike's character too much.
              They're not trainers. Has no one here got any respect for branding? I was joking about Converse but, on closer examination (sigh...I need a life), they do have the red line associated with the brand. I like the suit, and if they'd been Hi-tops I'd have suggested they were a softer (in many ways) option to his boots. He's on a red carpet, which, for me, recalls the scene in Restless (?) when he's posing for photos (famous not infamous? IDK). Not sure about his eyes. It's probably just the way he's drawn but it's a bit too "heroin chic" for my liking. Either that or he's taken to wearing eye-shadow as well as guyliner. I'm not convinced we'll see full on William the Bloody. He's shown restraint so far. I'm curious as to why. I wonder if we'll see his back story in this or whether it'll be drip-fed? I wonder if this is more of an IDW Spike than a DH Spike?
              Last edited by TriBel; 16-02-20, 09:18 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I suspect It's going to be neither considering this lot would actually have to do a bit of research and read the things.

Comment

I am staying hopeful until I'm proved wrong

I don't mind the suit and converse, but the heroin chic is a bit over the top. I agree Silver 1, it would be nice if they had seen the show or read previous comics, but at the same time I appreciate they may bring a freshness if they don't drown themselves in past versions, as long as they don't change the characters too much.

Comment

To do something right doesn't mean they have to 'drown' themselves in anything. Just do a bit of research like all writers have to do when using other peoples characters. Thats why the lazy ones would rather rush into throwing their own OC's at something first rather then understanding what characters they've already been handed.

Comment

Wenxina's review of today's BOOM! Angel & Spike # 9

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/pr...ic-book-review

Comment

Originally posted by BAF View Post
                        Wenxina's review of today's BOOM! Angel & Spike # 9

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/pr...ic-book-review
                        Doesn't say much about the story, so I hope it's something more interesting and developed than Angel's last (or the trip into the Hellmouth)

Comment

I enjoyed this more than I expected to. The opening that we saw in the preview was as good the second time around. I really like Kate and I think she might work, if she's going to be a permanent addition to the gang.

Spike and Angel are really good together. They are very similar and I hope that doesn't work against their partnership, but so far so good. I like Spike evesdropping on the others and how he wants to be part of the gang while also warning them off, it was nicely written.

The story is interesting, but the last Angel arc started out really well then just died and became inconsequential. I hope they can keep the writing standards up and keep it fast paced. Liked the mention of 'dancing', which is a classic reference to the show.

The thing I didn't like, which I never like, is Lilith. She was better here, but still she holds the story back. The characters have no autonomy as she's the puppet master every time. I still don't understand her purpose.

Overall 8/10, good issue.

Comment

• redtent
                            redtent commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Maybe Lilith is Boom! version of Whistler.

So far I like this version of Kate better then the original universe's version. I don't get why Spike is being allowed to live. He's a soulless killer, and unlike the original universe he doesn't have a chip in his head that makes him harmless to humans. Still don't like Lilith.
                          My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Angel does want to kill Spike, I think, but Fred and Gunn jump in and stick up for him. Plus Spike seems to want to help. Hopefully we'll find out more about his reasons eventually.`

Comment

Angel does want to kill Spike, I think, but Fred and Gunn jump in and stick up for him.

Funny that Gunn would defend Spike. In the old universe Gunn Wouldn't have hesitated to kill a soulless vampire .
                              My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X