Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellmouth #5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hellmouth #5




    Preview!








    THE EVENT OF THE YEAR ENDS HERE! Angel and Buffy finally confront the enemy in the heart of the Hellmouth, but the journey has already taken it's tolls. Beaten in body and spirit, they might not have enough power between them to save the world. With more allies than they know, Buffy and Angel will make their final stand... and not everyone will make it out alive.
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 07-02-20, 05:36 PM.

  • #2
    Lets dance! Are you kidding me Boom!? That's Spike's line. They are so incapable of giving Buffy any real personality they have to steal from others.

    Can they dust Dru so early?

    Comment


    • #3
      Very anime looking.

      Comment


      • #4
        Imo fecking awful unoriginal trash.

        Comment


        • Skippcomet
          Skippcomet commented
          Editing a comment
          They can't all be George Perez. (Sad that he's had to retire because of hand/wrist health issues.)

      • #5
        THE EVENT OF THE YEAR ENDS HERE!...
        Oh...I see. Is this not a touch hyperbolic? It's only February - is it downhill all the way from here? I'm beginning to think BOOM's Marketing Department is stronger than its Art Dept.

        Silver1 Imo fecking awful unoriginal trash.

        Oh I don't know... "the journey has already taken it's tolls" seems to me to be an original use of an apostrophe.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #6
          Does anyone really wear fishnet stockings anymore?

          flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by flow View Post
            Does anyone really wear fishnet stockings anymore?

            flow
            Buffy was at a Halloween dance at the high school when she had to go into the hellmouth, so the fishnets are part of her costume (she was a bat). I expect some people still do wear fishnets.

            By the way, does anyone feel a bit odd that we have two images of Buffy, legs splayed, laid out? Am I being too sensitive and seeing something that isn't intended?

            Oh and if Angel sweeps in and saves the day, I will be trolling Boom comics with my feelings on that
            Last edited by Priceless; 07-02-20, 08:16 PM.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Priceless View Post

              Buffy was at a Halloween dance at the high school when she had to go into the hellmouth, so the fishnets are part of her costume (she was a bat). I expect some people still do wear fishnets.

              By the way, does anyone feel a bit odd that we have two images of Buffy, legs splayed, laid out? Am I being too sensitive and seeing something that isn't intended?

              Oh and if Angel sweeps in and saves the day, I will be trolling Boom comics with my feelings on that
              I noticed the legs - I noticed them because long-sticking out limbs seem to be a feature of the artist's style. To the extent that the monster-mom has pointed protruding ears and hits Buffy with an arm that's more akin to a long pointed stick!

              Re - saving the day. I thought Angel - but - what if it's Joyce? Hasn't Buffy used a line from School Hard? What if Joyce dies (combining SH and The Body)? There's a certain logic having a bad mom kill a good mom? Or the other way round?
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by TriBel View Post

                I noticed the legs - I noticed them because long-sticking out limbs seem to be a feature of the artist's style. To the extent that the monster-mom has pointed protruding ears and hits Buffy with an arm that's more akin to a long pointed stick!

                Re - saving the day. I thought Angel - but - what if it's Joyce? Hasn't Buffy used a line from School Hard? What if Joyce dies (combining SH and The Body)? There's a certain logic having a bad mom kill a good mom? Or the other way round?
                I never thought of Joyce, good mum v bad mum. I like that idea. But I don't think so. I think it'll be Anya and the troupe riding on the bat. And Angel. Where has he got to anyway?

                Comment


                • #10
                  And Angel. Where has he got to anyway?
                  Buffy's literally fighting him - Hell Mom possessed/transformed him in the previous issue.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post

                    Buffy's literally fighting him - Hell Mom possessed/transformed him in the previous issue.
                    Well that shows how gripping this comic has been

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Buffy has to be saved. Again.

                      They should just kill her and focus on Willow and (possibly dead) Xander. Buffy is the least important character in the book.

                      Comment


                      • Priceless
                        Priceless commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think they're trying, but they've used all their best material on Xander and Anya. Willow is written well too.

                    • #13
                      I'm at a disadvantage because I don't remember story-lines but, that aside, I think the Boom three-way's been a mistake. Any Buffy/Angel comic was going to go "backward" (as it were) for some because the original BtVS/Angel 'verse is in its past. It's going "forward" in the sense of "new" characterizations and new plots. Introducing a lateral aspect or crossover at this stage, before the new characters have solidified, is a bridge too far for me. Things are shooting off in all directions - it's just too messy. The changing artwork's also worked against a reconciliation of plot/character. It's like trying to knit a garment using three different threads - barbed wire, wool and spun sugar. I'm (definitely) out.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Is Angel Hell-mom?

                        Priceless:
                        By the way, does anyone feel a bit odd that we have two images of Buffy, legs splayed, laid out? Am I being too sensitive and seeing something that isn't intended?
                        Yes, that's why the fishnet stockings stood out to me. The pics wouldn't have been that awkward if she would wear jeans or sweat pants. I also don't think fishnet stockings can survive weeks of walking around a Hellmouth. They should have fallen apart ages ago.

                        flow
                        Last edited by flow; 08-02-20, 09:28 AM.
                        ................................ Banner by buffylover

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by flow View Post
                          Is Angel Hell-mom?

                          Priceless:

                          Yes, that's why the fishnet stockings stood out to me. The pics wouldn't have been that awkward if she would wear jeans or sweat pants. I also don't think fishnet stockings can survive weeks of walking around a Hellmouth. They should have fallen apart ages ago.

                          flow
                          Oh yes, totally agree. Just another failing about these comics, they've missed the real Buffy twist that although it's a fantasy world these real world things are still taken into account. I just don't think Boom care enough to make an effort.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X