BOOM! Buffy #12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Buffy #12

As TEAM KENDRA fights for their town against the Hellmouth-possessed hivemind, Willow and Xander begin to feel to the cost of sharing a soul between them. With darkness creeping into the place a soul should be, one of them will start down a road that they can't turn back from.
    PREVIEW!

The art is abysmal. Awful. Terrible. I can't recognise anyone.
    Anya's write up is great, in fact Anya is the greatest thing ever.
    Cordelia works at the fish place? Did we know this before? I only knew it was Cordy because Rose uses her name.
    I wish Robin were dead.
    Glad the two Slayers problem has been explained and it's as we thought. At least the world isn't full of slayers.

Comment

They should just release covers and let fans make up the story.

Comment

I think there's a vitamin deficiency in Sunnydale that causes bulging eyes and open mouths. I reckon a fish diet would cure it. Alternatively, it's the opposite and they're becoming fish - the fish restaurant is cannibalizing the inhabitants. I'm voting for Anya to replace Jodie as the next Doctor.
        sigpic

Comment

Look, they brought The Incredible Hulk into the Boom!Buffyverse

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Anya's pretty awesome here, very fun and Anya-ish, love the outfit as well. Though that line - save the stupid town/the planet to keep your business afloat? Like, what stage of capitalism is this?

Comment

Jesus Christ, that artwork! Burn it with fire!!!

You can't tell who anyone is, either by what they are saying or what they look like. Boom TRY HARDER!!`
              Last edited by Silver1; 01-02-20, 08:50 PM.

Comment

It's very funny that we were a little disappointed that Buffy and Anya were a little too similar in Dan Mora's interpretation. And now we have this... Like what the hell had happened? Why did he go? They couldn't pay him what he had asked? Why did they replace him with this guy? Do they understand that comics is visual art? I'm so confused.

Comment

Still love Anya's write up on the opening page. Where have they been hiding her? She's got so much personality, she should have been front and centre from moment one. Or they could have given some of the other characters more personality.

I like how Cordy and Anya echo each other - we have to be the best we can be. Is there a Cordy/Anya connection? (And not Xander) I like that everyone is getting closer, with the Cordy/Rose conversation. I think they are trying to build up a scoobie vibe in a way they didn't in the earlier issues. They built up the suspense in that scene really well and the men are pretty scary.

OK, we first meet Buffy and her 'thing' is she likes comics and now Anya is quoting Star Trek. Bellaire seems to think the only way to make a female character interesting is to make her love comics and sci-fi. Any women in this comic who are into something other than pop culture? (Thank the lord for Joyce) Bellaire ought to widen her friendship group.

How and why did Anya hide her weapons in the Tuna place? How did Jenny find Camazotz?

On the whole, the art is terrible, but I really really liked the colours and shadows Lopez uses when Willow goes dark. The image of Vampire Xander crying is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in a comic Is Xander a soulless vampire now? That's a bit of a cliffhanger ending.

Nice little story and really fun read. One of the best issues so far.

Comment

Wow. Awful art. I could do better. I need to send them a portfolio. Even though I suck at likeness, my people don't look like fish-monsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      On the whole, the art is terrible, but I really really liked the colours and shadows Lopez uses when Willow goes dark. The image of Vampire Xander crying is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in a comic Is Xander a soulless vampire now? That's a bit of a cliffhanger ending.
                      I think he might be dead. We don't see him when the scoobies leave the diner, and there is a cloud of dust inside the diner in the last image.
                      “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PointMan View Post

I think he might be dead. We don't see him when the scoobies leave the diner, and there is a cloud of dust inside the diner in the last image.
                        Wow, now that would be an amazing ending if it were so. It's a very bold move to kill off one of the core four in issue 12. I'm not convinced they would do it, or they will bring him back somehow. It's a shame really because, shockingly, Xander is the most well drawn and interesting character in the comics.

I assumed Xander was giving Willow the other half of her soul back, so not sure how that would kill him. Was it Willows power that killed him?

Comment

Wow, now that would be an amazing ending if it were so. It's a very bold move to kill off one of the core four in issue 12. I'm not convinced they would do it, or they will bring him back somehow. It's a shame really because, shockingly, Xander is the most well drawn and interesting character in the comics.

I assumed Xander was giving Willow the other half of her soul back, so not sure how that would kill him. Was it Willows power that killed him?
                          For a moment I had a very strong urge to read this issue. Then I looked again at preview... nah..., I'm fine.
                          Last edited by Alce; 07-02-20, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alce View Post

For a moment I had a very strong urge to read this issue. Then I looked again at preview... nah..., I'm fine.
                            I don't know if you've read any of the other Boom comics Alce, but this is one of the best issues yet. Anya is amazing, the colouring is great (the art is awful though). I'd give this issue 5/5, it had plot, it was really fast paced, it raised questions and answered some. It was very good.

Comment

I don't know if you've read any of the other Boom comics Alce, but this is one of the best issues yet. Anya is amazing, the colouring is great (the art is awful though). I'd give this issue 5/5, it had plot, it was really fast paced, it raised questions and answered some. It was very good.
                              I had read first 4 that were drawn by Dan Mora, I was somewhat critical of them, but still read them a few times each, just because of beautiful art. Then I think I've read two or three issues with new artist. One time. I just can't do that anymore. I'm glad that people can enjoy story despite a bad art, but sadly I can't get over it. I'll wait for the next artist, before jumping in again.
                              Last edited by Alce; 07-02-20, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X