Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

BOOM! Buffy #11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Buffy #11

Preview!

With a NEW SLAYER in town, it’s up to TEAM KENDRA to save the day! An evil and powerful magic from the open HELLMOUTH has taken over the men of Sunnydale, and it’s up to Willow, Cordelia, and the new Chosen One, Kendra, to fend off the enthralled men of the town or there won’t be a Sunnydale for Buffy to come back to! That is . . . if she’s coming back at all.
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 02-01-20, 12:05 PM.

If this Hellmouth miasma on effects men, that means Willow was unaffected when she broke up with Rose, which makes Willow even meaner that I thought she was.

So Robin could have become a Slayer, which means Slayers are not only female, and he's so pissed at not being Chosen that he joins the Hellmother, or can't fight her hold on him.

Comment

So...is this comic still called "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"? Asking for a friend.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
        So...is this comic still called "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"? Asking for a friend.
        So far . . . and we have the threat that she may never return

Comment

I suppose, from a meta point of view, the concept of Buffy was "essential and special", just like the Model T Ford was special and essential to the Ford Capri. Doesn't mean she's necessarily relevant (or roadworthy) now!

I'm joking - she'll be back. Obviously, Bangel are taking the scenic route through the Hellmouth.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, Willow is still dealing with living with a broken soul, so she doesn't need the Hellmouth excuse, especially not when talking to Xander.

I like that these two scenes parallel each other. It is similar to what they did two issues ago, when Willow broke up with Rose.

Kendra now has a deadbeat dad. In the show, she was abandoned by both her parents.

Comment

*Reads above panel* Jesus Christ. Does anyone remember when the TV series used to be based around clever dialogue and not the above crude/dull rubbish, because I the hell do... Awful.

Comment

Priceless:
                he's so pissed at not being Chosen that he joins the Hellmother, or can't fight her hold on him.
                Interesting. This isn't much different than what happened to Mr Wood in BtVS. Buffy didn't "choose" him and he couldn't fight the hold of his mother (either unconsciously - the Archaic Mother - or The First-as-Mother. The Archaic Mother could be called the First Mother).
                sigpic

Comment

Kendra now has a deadbeat dad. In the show, she was abandoned by both her parents.
                  She wasn't abandoned by her parents, they gave her to her watcher as a very young child to be trained by him to be the Slayer. I think it's more complicated then abandonment.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    She wasn't abandoned by her parents, they gave her to her watcher as a very young child to be trained by him to be the Slayer. I think it's more complicated then abandonment.
                    They would surely argue that. However, imagine if Hank and Joyce gave Buffy away to the Watchers at a young age. I doubt she would forgive them.

Comment

Vito Jr's gonna get bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
                        They would surely argue that. However, imagine if Hank and Joyce gave Buffy away to the Watchers at a young age. I doubt she would forgive them.
                        Buffy and her family weren't raised with knowledge of Slayers, so they have a different perspective on it. Kendra's family knew what Slayers were and why they existed, they knew there were demons in the world and might have had first hand experience of them. If Buffy were raised with that knowledge she might have forgiven them. If she's known her cousin had been killed by a demon she would one day destroy, she might have thanked her parents for giving her up to the Watchers.

Comment

So Xander's the second person to suggest that Willow might be into Buffy. If that's a setup, I wonder what the payoff will be?

Comment

I find the entire idea of handing over your CHILDREN to any en locus parentis outfit, whether a. boarding schools, b. military, c. religion IN THESE TIMES of actual family formation and size being a thing of choice both reprehensible and irresponsible, no matter what “convenience” a culture claims is beneficial for that child’s future or even to make claims upon the world.

This idea exposes the ‘problem’ with secrets and ‘the few’ bearing the burden of doing the dirty work of doing the dying for a society as a whole. It exposes the actual choices of a society within the culture of who or what is actually the first priority, and in the U.S. children most certainly are NOT the first priority. The richest country on the planet has one out of five children going around “food insecure!?” THE HECK!

Bottom line, if “cradle to grave” “proof of care” regarding health, which requires safety, housing, utilities, and food, not to mention, access to arts and science as institutions capable of “sharing the wealth,” included as a public good, in actual line towards education, one would see a less money poured into “military” –including slayers—without counting the military as part of “employment”—as if “full employment” explains anything economically in a society; and, perhaps, into the dipolomatic corps, as a start. “Use your words” is one of the first social skills parents try to impart.

After all, Xander wasn’t given the slightest care for his own protection, but his heart had a need to “protect” and that in itself proves the point of a lot of suffering that never had to happen, including the drunk parents, only proving the violence to body and mind underpinning the U.S. culture, in its ‘yeah for me, the heck with you’ freedom.

I believe that IF people in a society were actually provided for the support of actual connections between all life on this planet means, if you THEN “feel the need for greed” and “come through my window” you’ll meet a .44. I’m sorry your demon needed killing.

That is why Buffy sharing her knowledge and "people in the know" was the right thing to do, even if making her a cop with a gun in the comics was reprehensible an ending. She answered in 'old solutions' imposed on women, selling the same old action heroes and calling that progress.
                            HUGS for a happy new year AND decade!
                            sybil

Comment

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
                              So Xander's the second person to suggest that Willow might be into Buffy. If that's a setup, I wonder what the payoff will be?
                              Judging by the preview and the solicitation, it's entirely possible that whatever forces are apparently supposed to be affecting the males of Sunnydale are influencing them into doing and saying things they never would do. It's not always about "revealing who they really are," like some folks I've seen over the years who insist that the Hyena spirit in "The Pack" just removed the inhibitions preventing Xander from acting on his deep-seated desires to kill animals and eat raw meat, destroy Willow's feelings, and of course, to actually rape Buffy.

But for argument's sake, let's say that in Boom! Comics' Buffyverse, Willow actually is attracted to Buffy, even if she's in denial or isn't aware of it yet....So? Do we have any hint or clue that Buffy is into Willow? Or into other girls, period? I'm genuinely asking, because I haven't really been able to keep up the Boom! Buffy comics. Do people nowadays really just assume that if one person is into another, then they really will inevitably get together?

Comment

Working...
                              X